Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

LED Light strip failure , How to reduce service time !!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LED Light strip failure , How to reduce service time !!

Hi Guys , how about this for an idea, I might well try this on my TV set at home when the LED light strips eventually fail .

If the set has a couple of LED light strips such as vestel made 32 inch sets do, now that these strips are readily available brand new for around £11 a strip ,why not put a couple of extra strips in the screen while you have it all in bits, so instead of having 2 you now have 4 and then just poke the two extra wires out the back of the screen , then next time if fails all you have to do is connect up the two extra wires and the sets going again , saving the half hour screen strip down !!!!!!!!!!

Instant repair with no down time , essential when you have kids playing x box games all night long !

Re: LED Light strip failure , How to reduce service time !!

Will you do a video buddy ? I like mod projects like this but you will need to then cut hiles in the reflector and find a way to wire them in series. Or do what I have done to this strip as a test to make them more reliable, I have heatsunk the Leds with a small vga ram heatsink (using silicon plaster to mount it) I put them directly under the Led which is what gets hottest. I then wired 3 Leds in series with no resistor for the return with 12v input which is alot of stress on them and they barely get hot with them heatsinks. Then you could super glue them down to the chassis.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by ReeceyBurger123; 03-06-2016, 08:05 AM. Reason: Misread.
    Please Do Not PM My Page Asking For Help Badcaps Is The Place For Advise, Page Linked For Business Reasons Only. Anyone Doing So Will Be Banned Instantly !

https://www.facebook.com/Telford-Tel...7894576335359/

Comment

Think it through? super man, are you also going to cut more holes in the back panel were the LEDs stick through

Comment

Originally posted by flocko View Post
        Think it through? super man, are you also going to cut more holes in the back panel were the LEDs stick through
        Who you taking too ? If its about my idea I said that you can apply small dabs of super glue around the bottom of the heatsinks and stick them to the chassis.
        Please Do Not PM My Page Asking For Help Badcaps Is The Place For Advise, Page Linked For Business Reasons Only. Anyone Doing So Will Be Banned Instantly !

Comment

Have you never heard of a stanley knife ?

Comment

the most part at repair i do hate remove cover screw and re screw them back .. since i will do it of sure again to put the spare cable.. best way to me always to my home set not customer, i replace all LED at once i do access to strips. thought 100 pieces always less than 10 $ and strip had 56-58 led.

Comment

Simple fix is to remove a few current sense resistors on the PSU, that'll drop the LED current down. I drop the 400mA Vestels down to 200mA. The image is dimmer, but not too badly due to logarithmic response of eye (50% less power ~= 80% as bright)
              Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
              For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Sounds weird but I actually like repairing these Led backlights I find it fun so I dont mind tearing apart screens lol
                Last edited by ReeceyBurger123; 03-06-2016, 09:29 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ReeceyBurger123 View Post
                  Who you taking too ? If its about my idea I said that you can apply small dabs of super glue around the bottom of the heatsinks and stick them to the chassis.
                  I think he is talking to me he seems to have some sort of problem that I can do a repair for £30 , what I have learnt in business is that the cheapest person is the one who has the most customers , so Mr flocko you might want to change your attitude because what you are doing on e bay cutting up a few old light strips and selling them is not unique or has patent pending on the idea and come Monday afternoon I could have the same item on e bay for £1.00 each, Oh and before you say these are not old light strips they are from brand new transit damaged set I have 2 pallet loads of brand new sets sitting on the floor I could remove the light strips from , just like you are doing.

Comment

Sorry Reecey the comment was not aimed at you, Michael (super man )If you want to do the same and sell at £1 for three inc post and packing, feel free! see how long you last before going under

Comment

Ok no worries, I will let you two sort this

Comment

Sorry Reecey the comment was not aimed at you, Michael (super man )If you want to do the same and sell at £1 for three inc post and packing, feel free! see how long you last before going under
                        Do you have some sort of reading problem old man ? I said £1.00 each not £1.00 for 3 .
                        As you wish then I will copy you listing on monday .

Comment

Oh--I DO love it when Engineers argue.....

As to the O/P's idea--Great providing its your own set. Doubt it would be a great idea financially or for other reasons on a cust set or one for sale...

Alternatively Dump the LED/LCD crap and get a Plasma!
                          Last edited by Alastair E; 03-06-2016, 11:51 AM.
                          TELEFIX

How PLASMA SCREENS WORK, X-SUS and Y-SUS what they do--
                          http://www.irf.com/technical-info/appnotes/an-1088.pdf
                          PLEASE DO NOT EMAIL ME PRIVATELY FOR REPAIR ADVICE. QUESTIONS BELONG ON THE FORUM!

Comment

Yep maybe add a switch which allows you to switch between the Leds strings lol

Comment

£1 each that is still cheap, oh no what will I do, will me and the wife have to sell the house and live on the street how will we get on please Mr super man dont do this to us, I thought you were a good guy and you turned in to Monster

Comment

Wtf is going on why is he Super man lol
                                Last edited by ReeceyBurger123; 03-06-2016, 12:17 PM.

Comment

flocko,whats your ebay link to your store? I like to buy from fellow members where I can
                                  Proud owner of dozens of broken TV's and many,many,many boards.

Our website and passion:http://hollenhundshepherds.com/

Comment

Hi martino thank for the though, but as you are based outside of the Uk I dont think I will be of much service to you,

Comment

Hello Flocko,
                                      You could be of use to people within the UK is you gave your website link
                                      Thanks
                                      Willing to help but I'm no expert.

Comment

Hi dick this is the kit that I have on eBay that michael (super man) is getting all steamed up about Its item number 252282953741 I will be adding more LED/ lenses as I come across them ?I do also have the odd shape LG one but this is not shown in listing as yet. Flocko

Comment

Working...
                                        X