Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Samsung Plasma PS43D490 picture got tinted all over

Dear electronics Gurus,
    I am looking for some advise that will help me to fix my Samsung plasma TV set Model PS43D490.
    The issue started before several days ago with turning off the video output ((after cold start) to display while sound still worked properly (video/audio source is a satellite box connected by HDMI to tv set).
    After powering-off and powering-on back video output showed back for some minutes and turned off again .. again .. and so several times until the TV set was probably heating up and everything goes work fine.
    But before 2 day ago this issue stops and the new show began ...
    Tv set does not turns off the picture, but the whole picture covered by red/green/purple tint ..(it depends on displayed picture, like a shadow of previous frame). So, after googling, I found this forum and started to read and found some usefull info about my issue.

After checking VS/VA/VCS voltages found them correct to the sticker values VS=207, VA=58, VCS=-185V (VCS was 1 volt below the sticker value, so I fixed this to the nominal voltage). The picture seems to look slightly better
    but still there are a lot of red/green/yellow dots all over the screen ..

I did not found any visible circuits damage: no bad caps and something like this .. PDP worked for more that 13000 hours (according to tv set info), so I am wondering may it be the plasma panel problem, and may it be fixed?

My question is - do I need to replace some pcb (Ysus or X-main) or that the Pdp's problem?

Do I need to increase VS and VCS voltage above the sticker's values to fix my old plasma's picture? Or is it all useless, and I need to go shopping for a new tv set?

Any help is more that welcome!

Re: Samsung Plasma PS43D490 picture got tinted all over

picture of it may help but sound like could be bad x-main

Comment

X main is shot, also these have a known firmware issue you need to update it ASAP if you have not done so already.

Comment

Hmm--All dim and pinkish...

Bad X-Main.
        TELEFIX

How PLASMA SCREENS WORK, X-SUS and Y-SUS what they do--
        http://www.irf.com/technical-info/appnotes/an-1088.pdf
        PLEASE DO NOT EMAIL ME PRIVATELY FOR REPAIR ADVICE. QUESTIONS BELONG ON THE FORUM!

Comment

Yep I have heard that the firmware can actually kill the Xmain and Ymain when it goes wrong !
          Please Do Not PM My Page Asking For Help Badcaps Is The Place For Advise, Page Linked For Business Reasons Only. Anyone Doing So Will Be Banned Instantly !

https://www.facebook.com/Telford-Tel...7894576335359/

Comment

Fisrt of all - Thanks a lot for quick response ..
            As for firwmware - the TV Set runs on the latest available FW for this specific model 1021,
            that was released in 2012 .. so I can't upgrade to another one, there is no any new ..
            Well, I am going to look for another X-main pcb in hope it might fix the issue.
            What about to increase VS and VCS voltage a little? Might it be helpful?
            Last edited by maltyx; 02-14-2016, 12:40 AM.

Comment

Messing with voltages aint gonna cure a faulty board--but could cause much more trouble.

--Whats 'vcs' never heard of it Do you mean VSC..?
              TELEFIX

PLEASE DO NOT EMAIL ME PRIVATELY FOR REPAIR ADVICE. QUESTIONS BELONG ON THE FORUM!

Comment

Thanks..
                You are right - its VSC - just misspelling ...

Comment

Originally posted by tw2005 View Post
                  picture of it may help but sound like could be bad x-main
                  I attached a screenshot ..
                  Attached Files

Comment

well, some updates:
                    I replaced 2 boards (Thanks to Chris for those boards) : X-Board first - No change - Same picture tinted by red dots ..
                    but after replacing Y-Sus board - all back to normal !!!
                    So, apparently the problem was in the Y-board ...
                    Thank all Badcaps gurus for Help!

Comment

Awesome Your very lucky to get 13000 hours out of one of them, they are some of the worst most cheap and crappy Plasma Tv's out there. Hope it lasts a good while
                      Please Do Not PM My Page Asking For Help Badcaps Is The Place For Advise, Page Linked For Business Reasons Only. Anyone Doing So Will Be Banned Instantly !

Comment

I had a 50" D series last weekend.

It had a buggered control-board. Replaced that to be greeted with the most god-awful mal-discharge pic Ive seen in a long while....

Tweaked this and that, made little if any improvement.

I let it run all day.

After about 3 hours--It looked almost passable.

After 5 it was perfect!

Next day, back to square one--But only took half hour to become reasonable.

Day after, 10 minutes....

Weird! Seems these panels hate dis-use and take some time to re-energise after a long sleep....
                        TELEFIX

Comment

Ali I have a Phillips 50" in atm horrid MD so bad that peoples faces the beige color on them is red ! Its a PS50Q96 chassis you think if I ran that for hours on end it would clear ? Vsc and everything are good too I did adjust them though.

Comment

Going to run this set I have on the week end for a good few hours will see what happens anyway.

Comment

Working...
                            X