Panasonic TC-P50G15 flickering and randomly turning off

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Panasonic TC-P50G15 flickering and randomly turning off

Our 50" Panasonic G15 has started flickering - it will go completely black sometimes, other times there will be white lines across the screen with some flashes of green.

It is happening daily but at some point it starts working fine for a much longer period than when it acts up.

Also, sometimes it randomly turns off. This is pretty infrequent but is still happening. I've looked for the red light flashing but it doesn't flash at all when it turns off.

Any ideas on what might be wrong? I'd love to be able to fix this and keep the TV if possible if it makes sense from a cost perspective.

Here's what it looks like: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zv13LtQFU6M

Re: Panasonic TC-P50G15 flickering and randomly turning off

Possibly A board fault...

Does it happen on all inputs?
    TELEFIX

How PLASMA SCREENS WORK, X-SUS and Y-SUS what they do--
    http://www.irf.com/technical-info/appnotes/an-1088.pdf
    PLEASE DO NOT EMAIL ME PRIVATELY FOR REPAIR ADVICE. QUESTIONS BELONG ON THE FORUM!

Comment

Originally posted by Alastair E View Post

I only have one input to the TV currently as everything goes through the receiver. I can try plugging something in to another input for testing purposes.

I was looking at parts for this TV and it seems the A board is hard to come by. Hopefully it isn't that!

Comment

Check the screws on SC or SN pcb are tight.

Comment

Originally posted by davph View Post
          Check the screws on SC or SN pcb are tight.
          Is there a reason something like this would come loose when it has been mounted for over a year?

Comment

Originally posted by Alastair E View Post

I plugged my Apple TV into a different HDMI input on the TV. When it started doing this on normal TV I tried switching over. It generally seemed better on this HDMI input so I put the out from the receiver into this HDMI input. No issues since doing this. So it seems either our HDMI1 input is bad now or our cable. Very happy it is working at least. Thanks for the suggestion.

Comment

Originally posted by ejyoung View Post
              Is there a reason something like this would come loose when it has been mounted for over a year?
              On some (a lot of) models, They were cheapened to the point of using poor screws mounted into pressed sheet steel instead of proper mounting-lugs and with no lock-washers or locktite and do work loose through use, causing arcing on the earth-mounts and destruction of SS and SC boards, Its important to check these, as these boards are expensive and short supply.
              TELEFIX

How PLASMA SCREENS WORK, X-SUS and Y-SUS what they do--
              http://www.irf.com/technical-info/appnotes/an-1088.pdf
              PLEASE DO NOT EMAIL ME PRIVATELY FOR REPAIR ADVICE. QUESTIONS BELONG ON THE FORUM!

Comment

Working...
              X