Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: T-con Samsung identifying problem

Originally posted by vinceroger69 View Post
    no neither of them are it basically if we can find what the lcd panel is we can look what voltages etc the tcon needs hence budm asking for it
    Only other number on white label apart from serial number is

Bn68-01176a-00
    Last edited by wilson_campbell; 11-07-2015, 06:51 AM. Reason: Reading error

Comment

Originally posted by wilson_campbell View Post
      Only other number on white label apart from serial number is

Bn68-01176a-00
      There is another white label internally on the internal frame:

96-06958A coral AMLCD

is that it?

Comment

Got this from the service manual:

M0215 BN07-00511A LCD-PANEL;T315XW02 VL,8bit,32inch,16.7M, 1 S.A

Spec on service manual shows:

Specifications
        Item Description
        LCD Panel TFT-LCD panel, RGB vertical stripe, normaly black, 32-Inch viewable,
        0.51075(H) x 0.51075(W) x 3 mm pixel pitch
        Scanning Frequency Horizontal : 30 kHz ~ 80 kHz (Automatic)
        Vertical : 56 Hz ~ 75 Hz (Automatic)
        Display Colors 16.7 million colors
        Maximum resolution Horizontal : 1366 Pixels
        Vertical : 768 Pixels
        Input Signal Analog 0.7 Vp-p ± 5% positive at 75Ω , internally terminated
        Input Sync Signal H/V Separate, TTL, P. or N.
        Maximum Pixel Clock rate 80MHz
        Active Display
        Horizontal/Vertical
        27.47 x 15.44 inches (697.68(H) x 392.26(V)mm)
        AC power voltage & Frequency AC 110V ~ 240V, 50/60 Hz
        Power Consumption <180 W ( < 1W, stand by )

Comment

found this document that seems to be the spec relating to T315XW02

https://cdn.badcaps-static.com/pdfs/...ed0b2359bf.pdf

Comment

There is another white label internally on the internal frame:

96-06958A coral AMLCD

is that it?
            yes thats the details needed im sure budm will advise when he sees this thread update.

Comment

I would imagine the panel itself is defective,stressing the T-con,which then,in turn,fried the smd on the psu..see if the voltage rises at the t-con with the ribbon cables disconnected.
              In view the replacement t-con only lasted 2 mins,i would say without certainty the panel has met it's maker....but i digress..

Comment

The LTA32AP06 panels are notorious for failures....not sure though if your set uses one of those...

Comment

Originally posted by steviewonder View Post
                  I would imagine the panel itself is defective,stressing the T-con,which then,in turn,fried the smd on the psu..see if the voltage rises at the t-con with the ribbon cables disconnected.
                  In view the replacement t-con only lasted 2 mins,i would say without certainty the panel has met it's maker....but i digress..
                  There is no no difference in voltage when panel cable removed.

Comment

AFAICT, the OP's TV uses the following PSU (BN44-00221A):

https://flattvparts.co.uk/images/sam...-%20REV1.0.jpg

The ratings printed on the PCB are:

12V 1.1A
                    Vamp 0.6A
                    ST-BY 0.6A
                    24V 5.1A
                    5.3V 2.0A

How much current would need to be drawn from a 12V/1.1A supply in order for the voltage to drop by 3V? If it's not the panel that is responsible, then surely something on the T-Con must be hot to the touch.

Comment

Originally posted by steviewonder View Post
                      The panel was fine before the bad caps problem on the power board.

See my thread:

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=48472

The problem that effected the t-con was a short on pnp after I redid the solders on it. The glue around it had become conductive due to the heat when soldering and shorted the regulator. Would it not be extremely unlucky for the panel to suddenly have a problem given this and that fact it was OK for two minutes until the second hand t-con went faulty and there is proof that the second hand t-con is faulty due to voltage tests ?

Comment

Originally posted by budm View Post
                        What is the LCD panel model number?
                        Got this from the service manual:

and found file attached.

Do not know if it is correct as the number of pins outlines seem 2 pins short as I count 32 on the board. Maybe some are not used?

service manual to big to attached. Cut and paste below:
                        5. Exploded View & Part List
                        5-2-1. LE32A45*C** Parts List
                        Location No. Code No. Description & Specifi cation Q'ty S.A/S.N.A Remark
                        T0003 BN96-06784E ASSY COVER P-FRONT;32L456,EO(iDTV),ABS+P 1 S.A
                        T0175 BN96-06818C ASSY SPEAKER P;8ohm,CORAL,L450,10W,550/3 1 S.A
                        M0115 BN61-02947A BRACKET-STAND LINK;JASMINE 32”,SECC,T1.6 1 S.A
                        M0254 BN61-03699A HOLDER-SIDE AV;32L450,EO,HIPS,V0,-,-,-,B 1 S.N.A
                        Attached Files

Comment

This panel might be the correct version:

*** Just notice the Service manual later on list a different panel number again: M0215 BN07-00538A LCD-PANEL;LTF320AB01,8bit,32inch,16.7M,1 1 S.A in the exploded list that contradicts the original.
                          Attached Files
                          Last edited by wilson_campbell; 11-08-2015, 10:25 AM.

Comment

Yes just striped the control board of the back and there is a sticker underneath. It is:

LTF320AB01
                            P8AE 8M9A0S060K A03 S64 (AP+)

This must be the panel ID.

Sorry for all the wrong info given everyone

Comment

I was wondering why the first panel had a supply voltage of 5V instead of 12V. Now that you've cleared that up, perhaps someone could rescue me from my ignorance and tell me what the AVDD supply is used for. :-)

Comment

Originally posted by fzabkar View Post
                                I was wondering why the first panel had a supply voltage of 5V instead of 12V. Now that you've cleared that up, perhaps someone could rescue me from my ignorance and tell me what the AVDD supply is used for. :-)
                                Looks like noone is interrested anymore

Comment

Fig 34, page 33 of the following datasheet (for ICD1) appears to have an application circuit that is similar to your own.

TPS65167A, Texas Instruments, Compact LCD Bias Supply for TFT-LCD TV Panels:
                                  https://cdn.badcaps-static.com/pdfs/...6c316493a3.pdf

There should be a voltage of around 15V at the AVDD test point at the cathode of SD1.

I can see VOFF and VSS test points above L2 on your board.

ICD1 also has VGL (-8V) and VGH (+24V) outputs (according to the datasheet).

QD1 is a 2SA1718 PNP transistor for the Vcore supply (+1.2V).

2SA1718, PNP, -100V, -5A, Darlington:

I can't make sense of the part marking on ICD2.

There are also VON and VOFF test points at the bottom left corner of the T-Con PCB.

icd2 is 443/ on it. It was a very hard to see.
                                  Last edited by wilson_campbell; 11-10-2015, 10:53 AM.

Comment

I'm very interested, but I don't know enough to help you. If I were troubleshooting your T-con PCB, I would identify all the other chips and attempt to understand how the board and panel work. Can you tell us the markings on the remaining ICs?

AISI, even when the input to the board is only 9V, ICD1 should still be able to boost the AVDD supply to its design value, probably 15V. However, it is only achieving 9.9V. Therefore something is wrong in this area. It may also be that the incoming 12V supply has high ripple which only shows up when the supply is loaded. Perhaps you should check the filter capacitor for this rail on the PSU. This high ripple could also explain why the AVDD boost converter is not functioning correctly. You would need an oscilloscope to see this.

Another thing you could do would be to determine where the AVDD supply goes. To this end I would set my DMM on diode/continuity test mode, touch one probe to the AVDD test point, and then buzz each of the ICs with the other probe.

Comment

I'm very interested, but I don't know enough to help you. If I were troubleshooting your T-con PCB, I would identify all the other chips and attempt to understand how the board and panel work. Can you tell us the markings on the remaining ICs?

AISI, even when the input to the board is only 9V, ICD1 should still be able to boost the AVDD supply to its design value, probably 15V. However, it is only achieving 9.9V. Therefore something is wrong in this area. It may also be that the incoming 12V supply has high ripple which only shows up when the supply is loaded. Perhaps you should check the filter capacitor for this rail on the PSU. This high ripple could also explain why the AVDD boost converter is not functioning correctly. You would need an oscilloscope to see this.

Another thing you could do would be to determine where the AVDD supply goes. To this end I would set my DMM on diode/continuity test mode, touch one probe to the AVDD test point, and then buzz each of the ICs with the other probe.
                                      Hi, Thanks for responding

Do not have an oscilloscope to test, my be able to get one next week from work.

The two boards have now changed their voltages!

The original board has now dropped to 4.6 at in test point.

The second hand board has now dropped to 5.45. It is also now making a ticking sound.

To try and eliminate the power issue I tried taking a power adaptor with variable power setting: Removed the fuse in the T-Con. Set the adaptor to DC 12v. Earthed it to the frame and connected the positive to the "in" end of the fuse connection. It give these results:

Second hand unit just keep fluctuating voltage and ticking.

Old unit held at about 11v with panel connector off but dropped again to 4.6v when connected back up.

Do not know if this would eliminate the need for the oscilloscope and its meaning

Will id SMD's ASAP. I would upload a hi res image of the board so all the IDs can be seen but everytime I try to upload it it fails even though it meets the size and resolution guidelines.

Comment

Try this to resize your pictures to match board requirements:

http://picresize.com/

Comment

Hi, Thanks for responding

Do not have an oscilloscope to test, my be able to get one next week from work.

The two boards have now changed their voltages!

The original board has now dropped to 4.6 at in test point.

The second hand board has now dropped to 5.45. It is also now making a ticking sound.

To try and eliminate the power issue I tried taking a power adaptor with variable power setting: Removed the fuse in the T-Con. Set the adaptor to DC 12v. Earthed it to the frame and connected the positive to the "in" end of the fuse connection. It give these results:

Second hand unit just keep fluctuating voltage and ticking.

Old unit held at about 11v with panel connector off but dropped again to 4.6v when connected back up.

Do not know if this would eliminate the need for the oscilloscope and its meaning

Will id SMD's ASAP. I would upload a hi res image of the board so all the IDs can be seen but everytime I try to upload it it fails even though it meets the size and resolution guidelines.
                                          That sounds to me like the panel is drawing too much current, it can be shorted MLCC, or the driver ICs. Did you check the current draw of the T-CON? Per LCD panel spec, it is typical at 1.2A.
                                          Is the ticking sound coming form those two round inductors?
                                          Last edited by budm; 11-12-2015, 05:31 PM.
                                          Never stop learning
                                          Basic LCD TV and Monitor troubleshooting guides.
                                          http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...956#post305956

Voltage Regulator (LDO) testing:
                                          http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...999#post300999

Inverter testing using old CFL:
                                          http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...er+testing+cfl

Tear down pictures : Hit the ">" Show Albums and stories" on the left side
                                          http://s807.photobucket.com/user/budm/library/

TV Factory reset codes listing:
                                          http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=24809

Comment

Working...
                                          X