Samsung PN50A550S1F Bad Picture

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Samsung PN50A550S1F Bad Picture

I have a PN50A550S1F that I got running by changing the c102 cap on main board and it stays one but the picture is horrible. Them menu isn't clear either and I thought that indicated a main board issue. I've had this tv sitting around for like a year and hate to throw it away and really want to fix it. Here pic of the what it's doing. I can take pics of the boards if you need it but I'm not seeing any buldged caps or anything. I've fixed several tvs I've just go a like 3 that I just can't get going again. Please help me get this thing going...
    Attached Files

Re: Samsung PN50A550S1F Bad Picture

Turn display off, press MUTE, 1,8,2 Power buton in quick sequence and you will get to the service menu. In service menu you will be able to find to test main board and logic board. Basically you will be able to bypass the boards and see f you get clear picture. While it looks like bad X-sustain board its possible that you have also bad screen. If you have any sparkling form the screen when turned on, I would suggest bad screen.

Comment

awesome thank, I'll try tonight

Comment

Ok, I got into some weird menu but it was just a bunch of enable/disable items. I couldn't find anything about testing boards or testing anything. I may see if I can find xmain on ebay, I haven't even taken it out yet to test for shorts but sometimes just easier to buy used on then pay for components and shipping. Scared though because it could be bad screen??

Comment

Looks like a z-sustain fault.

Comment

Pictures with the back cover off?

Comment

I'll take pics tonight, I ordered a new xmain off feebay for $20.

Comment

Working...
              X