Samsung un60es7500 clicks 2 times blinks 10 times repeats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Samsung un60es7500 clicks 2 times blinks 10 times repeats

Hello experienced badcaps users, I have an issue with this tv that I just can't seem to figure out.

I purchased this tv busted. It is an absolutely beautiful tv and I couldn't pass up the opportunity of having it as the centerpiece of my livingroom. I've gotten tired of my 60" DLP. The folks I bought it from said it wouldn't turn on, and that it had been serviced before. They didn't want to sink more $$ into it, so they decided to sell it. They had both the main board and power board replaced as well as the power wire harness with the revised black one mentioned in another post about this model. I have already ordered and swapped both the power board and the main board with absolutely no change in this tv's behavior. When I plug the tv in, I hear the power board click on pause a second or two, then click off and i see the green LED on the top of the tv next to its webcam blink 10 times in 5 groups of 2 blinks. This repeats for as long as I have the tv plugged in and then continues until the capacitors drain. I couldn't spot anything out of the ordinary on either of the boards. I really need some advice on what to look at next.

Model number UN60ES7500F
    Model code UN60ES7500FXZA
    Version number HS01

Re: Samsung un60es7500 clicks 2 times blinks 10 times repeats

Pics of the rear cover removed and of individual boards may strike more responses from us to help you.

Comment

Unless you've received bad boards there is a pretty good likelihood that you have bad leds in your backlight.

Comment

I'll get some pictures up later today when I get home from work. I'm really going to hope the LED strips aren't bad. I know how much of a hassle it can be to find some replacements.

Comment

I just got a chance to tear the tv apart and I don't see any off-color LEDs. Here are pics of the boards. I also took a pic of the T-con board.
          Attached Files

Comment

You misunderstand. The LED backlight system is BEHIND the lcd screen itself - you will not see it from the back or front without removing the lcd screen itself.

You likely have one or more leds gone open circuit and preventing the set from starting up normally.

Comment

Thanks for the reply mmartell. I did remove the LCD panel, and I looked closely up and down both LED strips, but didn't see any that had the brownish tinge they usually get when they go bad. I'll have to test them today with a meter when I get home. What am I looking for when I test the LED's? I just attached those pictures for Andrew in hopes someone might see something I didn't on the boards.

Comment

Put your meter in diode mode and test each individually. If there are no test points you may have to scrape away some of the solder mask on either side.

Comment

I just tested each LED in both strips and they all test at about 730-735 in diode mode.

Comment

So they all lit ? How do all the connectors look at the strips, all seated properly ?

Comment

Originally posted by deconstructor View Post
                      I just tested each LED in both strips and they all test at about 730-735 in diode mode.
                      You are reading the anti parallel diode that is connected in parallel with the LED to protect the LED. The Vf of the LED is in the 3 range, some meter may not have enough Voltage to test White LED. You need to reverse the probe, the RED has to be on the Anode of the LED and the Black is on the Cathode of the LED.
                      Never stop learning
                      Basic LCD TV and Monitor troubleshooting guides.
                      http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...956#post305956

Voltage Regulator (LDO) testing:
                      http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...999#post300999

Inverter testing using old CFL:
                      http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...er+testing+cfl

Tear down pictures : Hit the ">" Show Albums and stories" on the left side
                      http://s807.photobucket.com/user/budm/library/

TV Factory reset codes listing:
                      http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=24809

Comment

Working...
                      X