Panasonic TX-L42U3B dead screen and blinking standby lights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Panasonic TX-L42U3B dead screen and blinking standby lights

I'm currently looking at a Panasonic TX-L42U3B with a dead screen and just a blinking standby light 7 flashes a pause then 7 flashes anyone got any thoughts what the problem could be ?

Re: Panasonic TX-L42U3B dead screen and blinking standby lights

Can you take pictures of all the boards inside the tv please and what test equpitment do you have like multimeter ect cheers ?
    Last edited by ReeceyBurger123; 06-25-2015, 08:08 AM. Reason: Wrong information.
    Please Do Not PM My Page Asking For Help Badcaps Is The Place For Advise, Page Linked For Business Reasons Only. Anyone Doing So Will Be Banned Instantly !

https://www.facebook.com/Telford-Tel...7894576335359/

Comment

Not yet i'm either gonna be picking it up tonight or tomorrow

Comment

the woman who is after getting rid of it says they had a new tcon board fitted and it still doesn't work. She also said they still have the original board that they replaced. So for £30 i'm just wondering if it's worth a punt as the parts for it seem quite cheap enough on flat tv parts website

Comment

Originally posted by smallprint View Post
          the woman who is after getting rid of it says they had a new tcon board fitted and it still doesn't work. She also said they still have the original board that they replaced. So for £30 i'm just wondering if it's worth a punt as the parts for it seem quite cheap enough on flat tv parts website
          What about backlight is that on ?
          Please Do Not PM My Page Asking For Help Badcaps Is The Place For Advise, Page Linked For Business Reasons Only. Anyone Doing So Will Be Banned Instantly !

Comment

she says the only activity she getting is the flashing standby light

Comment

i'm presuming that it's the 7 light flashes although she says it's 14 she didn't say there was a pause in between. I've also read elsewhere to try and hold the power button in for up to 30 seconds as a fix too !

Comment

deffo not the TCON board and deffo 14 flashes on the standy led no activity on the lcd screen either !

Comment

Right so there is no backlight ?

Comment

nope nothing at all i've tried changing the fuse on the power supply board too
                    and still nothing not even a flicker and still the 14 flashing lights on the front panel

Comment

here's some pics of the back of the set

Comment

Again

Comment

I don't trust a word when someone says, "it just needs XYZ", they very rarely know what they are talking about.
                          Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
                          For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

it won't let me post attachments at the moment. The guy i spoke to said he'd had it in at a tv repair shop nearby and he'd had a look at it (Alledgedly) he had it for 6 weks and he reckoned it was the tcon board. The guy went out and bought a tcon board from ebay and the repair guy reckoned he couldn't fit it and give him a warranty on on the repair if the part was second hand. Sounds to me he was just fobbing him off any how o've just tried the said part and there's no difference at all with either board. My guess is either the power supply or the inverter or maybe the mainboard. I can't see any burst caps on the power supply and none of them seem to be bulging or leaking.

Comment

here's the pics
                              Attached Files

Comment

and some more
                                Attached Files

Comment

and the rest
                                  Attached Files

Comment

Can't find a service manual anywhere for this set even on elktrotanya

Comment

This is the training guide for the US models in the 2011 "30" series, it should be roughly similar:

Error codes on page 44/46.
                                      Last edited by tom66; 06-26-2015, 04:13 PM.
                                      Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
                                      For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

According to that it says 14 blinks is the mainboard faulting IROM SOS

Comment

Working...
                                        X