Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Panasonic TX-P42XT50B 3 blink code IROM BOOT PROGRAM SOS HELP!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Panasonic TX-P42XT50B 3 blink code IROM BOOT PROGRAM SOS HELP!

I have a Panasonic TX-P42XT50B with a 3 blink code the service manual says IROM BOOT PROGRAM SOS check point A-board PSS-board i have a pdf service manual here can any one help me. PLEASE

Just a note i had replaced both the pss and A board still 3 blinks altho the pss board was replaced and after i inspected it the seemed to be damage/cracks across the tracks so it was sent back and so it still could be the pss board.

Re: Panasonic TX-P42XT50B 3 blink code IROM BOOT PROGRAM SOS HELP!

Originally posted by sharpy902008 View Post
    I have a Panasonic TX-P42XT50B with a 3 blink code the service manual says IROM BOOT PROGRAM SOS check point A-board PSS-board i have a pdf service manual here can any one help me. PLEASE

Just a note i had replaced both the pss and A board still 3 blinks altho the pss board was replaced and after i inspected it the seemed to be damage/cracks across the tracks so it was sent back and so it still could be the pss board.
    found the right section, hard to respond to classifieds.

I'm also reading Shorted P15V Missing F15V Wrong diagnostic by the A board

So could be PSS, A or SN board. maybe check the 15v lines for short

Comment

Hi tw2005 thanks for the reply i will do my best to check the 15v lines any and all advice/guidance on where to start would be great. im abit of a noob at times

Comment

Do you have the PSS yet?

Comment

i have the original the other was sent back and i didnt order a new one i did order a new a board but no good i have both here

Comment

On the PSS near p6 connector, there's 2 wire links. F15v and 15Vc. check resistance from each of those to the ground lug nearby see if shorted. Disconnect p6

Comment

Hi yes its reading a short on f15v 468 @2000ohms on the pss board out of tv a dead short on the vsus to ground if this helps

2 secs is this with the board in the set

ok obviously yea in the set ok doh i really am a noob lol

468 @2000ohms on f15 and 599 on the 15vc with p6 disconnected

is 2000ohms ok or 200kohms
              Last edited by tom66; 05-21-2015, 09:30 AM. Reason: merging series posts

Comment

I don't think 468 ohms is necessarily bad, would not say shorted but is below the suggested 1 kohm. dead short on Vsus though and I assume you mean 0 ohms not the meter showing OL is a good clue. Shorted vsus can cause some unusual blink codes.

don't know enough about these 2012 models though.

Comment

Shorted Vsus and blown IGBTs+gate drivers = can load 15V down
                  Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
                  For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Hi guys thanks for the replys any idea where to start? is it a new pss board needed? or would it need more testing

Comment

I think this set uses the TNPA5592 SN check for shorted IGBTs and diodes, would not go by blink codes on this model or any of the 2011/2012 set, if IGBTs are shorted driver ICs may have also failed, could be cheaper to replace board as lots of these set were up for sale new in box with broken screens (supermarket set stack them high sell them cheap) Flocko

Comment

hi cheers flocko ill take a look at the manual at the sn board(it is the TNPA5592) IGBT? can anyone tell me what that is. Or how to test would be great. thanks

Comment

the IGBTs are just fancy transistors , remove the plug and ribbon coming from the power and main board no need yet to remove panel ribbons, and with your meter set to 200 ohm test on the 4 pins of SN2 to ground and across the outer pins and outer to centre (2 centre pins are linked ) tell us what you read. Flocko

Comment

hi flocko i dont have a 200 ohm setting just 2000 ohm and 200k ohm settings
                            ive tested the sn2 pins outside to outside 506 at 2000 ohm setting left outer pin to left inner 516 and right outer to right inner 1355
                            Last edited by sharpy902008; 05-22-2015, 09:49 AM. Reason: mistake

Comment

your SN board is shot the reading I was looking for should be OL or what ever you see when the leads are apart on your meter, if you remove the SN from the set ,take your time taking the screen ribbons out of the sockets ,so as not to damage them. I would check the buffers ICs, if you look on the bottom of the board by the buffer ICs you will find a test point marked TPVFG set meter as before one lead on test point, and with the other run it across the ribbon sockets slowly on the top and bottom contacts of all the sockets and watch meter you are hoping not to see anything only OL. the reason I am giving you these test is if when you buy a replacement. You can now test it before you fit it in your set and return any that do not pass the tests as being faulty.as already said most replacement boards will come from damaged sets and it can happen that the buffer ICs will also be damaged with a broken screen . At this moment in time these are not worth repairing as you can buy one for around £20.00 online and from eBay. I hope this is of help to you Flocko

Comment

hi flocko cheers for the help i will do that test and order a new sn board. I saw one brand new on ebay for £30 earlier. if you dont mind il give you a bell if i have any problems. And again and to everyone tw2005 and tom66 thanks for all the help so far

Comment

I might have one of these boards lying around but it is untested... I will check with a friend...
                                  Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
                                  For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

ok hi guys so i finally got the replacement sn board and did the tpvfg test mentioned above and all good but i had to answer a call in the middle of it and set down my test leads i picked them up not thinking and went on to test this time i got a reading when i looked im getting a reading with the leads one way but if i switch them around nothing same on the old board so i retested the sn2 pins on both boards and the same thing reading one wat nothing the other there is a diode setting on the 2000 ohm setting of my meter so is this the reason?
                                    i changed it to the 200k ohm setting no diode tester on that and getting readings on sn2 not tpvfg test on both boards
                                    i put the board in and same 3blink code??????

Comment

Sound like you have been sent a faulty board if it is reading the same as you old board on SN 2 ?I can say I have not come across a meter that reads ohms and diode test on the same setting though that is a puzzle, but I would get in touch with the seller and give him your test results

Comment

cheers flocko i will do il get back to you as soon as i can get it sorted

Comment

Working...
                                        X