X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

T370HW02 T-Con AS15F CHIP PROBLEM

Hey guys ,

I got this problem with 2 samsung tvs.
    Both got the same tcon and show the same image on the screen.
    Its either a black screen with just backlight or it shows these green lines.

I already changed the as15 chip 2 times but still the same issue.
    Problem is the Tcon and my question is , are ANY of the as15 pins connected to eachother? On the picture you see a thin square around the cooling area thats connected to some pins , is that correct?

*yes i know 1 pin is missing.

Could someone tell me if the layout as you see on the picture is correct or do i need to remove some solder? Ps , board is not clean yet.
    Attached Files
    I only repair Panasonic plasma tv's! Currently owning a TX-P55VT50 and still searching for a ZT60!

Re: T370HW02 T-Con AS15F CHIP PROBLEM

I'm not sure how you determined that the as15 was at fault, normally when it fails it leaves the image just with no contrast or correct colors, I would suspect the tcon or possibly panel failure causing the lines. It appears you have two ribbons leaving the tcon and going to the panel, have you tried disconnecting one at a time to see if half the panel comes up?
    It could be that those are pins for ground you would have to look over the pinout on the data sheet for the as15
    Liberating magic smoke one part at a time

Comment

Thx for the reply Caleb.

When i remove the Tcon from the mainboard the backlight comes on but led is blinking.
      When i remove both or just 1 of the ribbon cables nothing happens.
      Sometimes it says "no signal" with weird colours but 9 out of 10 times its a black screen with backlight.

I think the as15 chips were bad , gonna try another 1 but i wanted to know if the print looks good or not? Datasheet does not say what pin is connected to what pin...
      I only repair Panasonic plasma tv's! Currently owning a TX-P55VT50 and still searching for a ZT60!

Comment

With nothing happens i mean half picture or full screen.

Comment

I think that I'm shorting the pins? Just googled for AS15 and found a picture of a Tcon without the AS15 chip and they are not connected….

Comment

Bad tab bond on the panel can give a similar failure as the as15, the best way to verify is to use the vgma test points and check the voltages. Linked in the pinout for the as15 below, vdd and vss appear in several locations around the chip. Just noticed I missed highlighting one of the vss pins on the left side.
            Attached Files
            Last edited by Caleb; 04-16-2015, 10:11 AM.
            Liberating magic smoke one part at a time

Comment

Did you get the lines on the screen before replacing the AS15? I do not believe bad AS15 will cause that kind of symptom.
              Last edited by budm; 04-16-2015, 10:29 AM.
              Never stop learning
              Basic LCD TV and Monitor troubleshooting guides.
              http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...956#post305956

Voltage Regulator (LDO) testing:
              http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...999#post300999

Inverter testing using old CFL:
              http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...er+testing+cfl

Tear down pictures : Hit the ">" Show Albums and stories" on the left side
              http://s807.photobucket.com/user/budm/library/

TV Factory reset codes listing:
              http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=24809

Comment

Looks like a panel fault to me.

For reference I pulled an AS-15 for you
                Attached Files

Comment

Thx for the replies guys! No i had a bad picture on both tv's. I need to order 2 new boards because some pads are gone , to much soldering! Problem is definately the AS15 board. Will update this thread when i know more

Comment

on my T-CON there is no ground plane under the square of the AS15 IC, i wonder why yours has one.

Comment

Working...
                    X