Alba TV LCD32880HDF Picture issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alba TV LCD32880HDF Picture issue

I have an Alba tv which when turned on shows a picture but top half is darker than the bottom half which is lighter. Possible inverter?

Re: Alba TV LCD32880HDF Picture issue

Most likely it's a bad LCD panel unfortunately. Got a picture of the fault?
    Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
    For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Attached picture
      Attached Files

Comment

Is that an lta320ap06 lcd panel ?
        Please Do Not PM My Page Asking For Help Badcaps Is The Place For Advise, Page Linked For Business Reasons Only. Anyone Doing So Will Be Banned Instantly !

https://www.facebook.com/Telford-Tel...7894576335359/

Comment

Its n Alba LCD32880HDF model TV. Where would I find the LVD panel model number?

Comment

[QUOTE=fosjih41;546644]Its n Alba LCD32880HDF model TV. Where would I find the LVD panel model numb
            You will have to take the back off the tv to see what panel it uses.
            Please Do Not PM My Page Asking For Help Badcaps Is The Place For Advise, Page Linked For Business Reasons Only. Anyone Doing So Will Be Banned Instantly !

Comment

It is a bad panel IMHO.
              Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
              For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Yes it is the lta320ap06 panel

Comment

I have earlier model of an Alba TV. Would the lcd panels be interchangeable? The model number of the other LCD panel is Sharp LK315T3LA57

Comment

No, probably not unfortunately unless you can find a compatible main board.

Comment

Them panels are pure junk seen lots of them fail, not worth replacing as the new one wont last long either.

Comment

The Alba TV has a 17PW26-3 PCB. Can anyone advise if the 17PW25-4 is compatible with this TV. The model number are the same. The first is around 4 years old and the 25-4 is froma TV just over a year old.

Comment

Originally posted by fosjih41 View Post
                          The Alba TV has a 17PW26-3 PCB. Can anyone advise if the 17PW25-4 is compatible with this TV. The model number are the same. The first is around 4 years old and the 25-4 is froma TV just over a year old.
                          More than likely it wont be, as normally the connectors are wired differently and things like the peak current draw are different.

Comment

I've replaced most of the capacitors on the board. It comes off stand by thinks for a bit then I have no picture and it stays off stand by. Now and again it comes on. I've checked the voltages through the board and it all seems fine. More scratching of the head required.

Comment

Also. when I unplug the TV from the mains the stand by light comes on for a short time

Comment

Originally posted by fosjih41 View Post
                                I've replaced most of the capacitors on the board. It comes off stand by thinks for a bit then I have no picture and it stays off stand by. Now and again it comes on. I've checked the voltages through the board and it all seems fine. More scratching of the head required.
                                So your saying that the backlights go off ?

Comment

The backlight doesn't come on initially. When first plugged in the stand by light comes on. The stand by light then goes off as if its searching for an input but no backlight or anything. I've just plugged it back in and I now have a picture. Its a very intermittent fault.

Comment

Working...
                                  X