Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Samsung UN60EH6000 Vertical Lines bad panel?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Samsung UN60EH6000 Vertical Lines bad panel?

Hello,

I had warranty on this tv and a tech came out to take a look at this tv originally with no video, no sound. Screen lit up but it was black. Tech said it was most likely the T-CON board. The T-CON didn't fix the issue. The tech said it was a bad panel and it isn't worth fixing. So the insurance will buy it out and asked me to junk it. I opened up the TV to take a look and I found a small burnt area under a capacitor on the power board. I replaced the power board, still no video, no sound, blackscreen but it was lit. I then replaced the main video board, then I had video and sound but now I have vertical lines on the right side of the screen. I am thinking since the Tech tried a T-CON with a bad powerboard and bad video board, it wasn't going to fix it anyway. any idea if it is a bad panel?
    Attached Files
    Last edited by mross76; 03-17-2015, 10:02 AM.

Re: Samsung UN60EH6000 Vertical Lines bad panel?

Bad panel I'm afraid.
    Bad tab bondings. You could wedge the connection back again using various methods but not always 100% successful

Comment

Panel is a possibility (as on any Samsung TV, a very likely possibility.) Being a 2012 TV a panel fault wouldn't surprise me as Samsung panels seem to frequently practice early death.

Do you still have some of the original parts?
      Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
      For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Originally posted by tom66 View Post
        Panel is a possibility (as on any Samsung TV, a very likely possibility.) Being a 2012 TV a panel fault wouldn't surprise me as Samsung panels seem to frequently practice early death.

Do you still have some of the original parts?
        what original parts? I have the original powerboard and video board. I haven't changed the T-CON yet.

Comment

Was thinking tech may have let you keep the old parts e.g. T-con but I'm guessing he kept them?
          Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
          For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Was thinking tech may have let you keep the old parts e.g. T-con but I'm guessing he kept them?
            the tech took the good T-CON and left all the bad parts. He replaced nothing. He filed with insurance that TV needed to be replaced. They paid me for the TV and told me to throw it away. so I replaced power board, i still had no video , no audio. I then changed video board, i have video and audio, but i ahve the vertical lines. what is left now is to change to T-CON. I think i had a power surge and it fried the power board, video board, and possibly T-CON.
            Last edited by mross76; 03-17-2015, 10:31 AM.

Comment

Ok one thing to try.
              Put TV into standby.
              Press on remote, MUTE 1 8 2 then POWER.
              TV should turn ON and engineer/service menu should appear.

Look for test pattern option (usually under SVC); similar fast track guide may help:

Flick through test patterns and see if they exhibit same distortion.

Comment

Ok one thing to try.
                Put TV into standby.
                Press on remote, MUTE 1 8 2 then POWER.
                TV should turn ON and engineer/service menu should appear.

Look for test pattern option (usually under SVC); similar fast track guide may help:

Flick through test patterns and see if they exhibit same distortion.
                the distortion is in the same area, but sometimes the colors of the vertical lines change as i flick through the different patterns. I also noticed another test: T-CON download Failure.

Comment

T-con download failure test means nothing, they all say that I am sure its tied into something with a deeper service setting, nothing to worry about.

Comment

Tom--

What do you think the success would be if someone was to get some ACF tape and devise a system of applying heat and the right pressure to re-bond a faulty tab....?
                    --I know that the tab must be aligned pretty accurately so a couple of microscopes would be needed too....

Ive looked at getting some ACF tape--But its pretty expensive and only has a VERY short shelf-life,--measured in weeks,--Unless you freeze it!

Some guy on youtube in Eastern-Bloc was doing it, but wanted loads of dosh to spill the beans on the subject....
                    TELEFIX

How PLASMA SCREENS WORK, X-SUS and Y-SUS what they do--
                    http://www.irf.com/technical-info/appnotes/an-1088.pdf
                    PLEASE DO NOT EMAIL ME PRIVATELY FOR REPAIR ADVICE. QUESTIONS BELONG ON THE FORUM!

Comment

Originally posted by Alastair E View Post
                      What do you think the success would be if someone was to get some ACF tape and devise a system of applying heat and the right pressure to re-bond a faulty tab....?
                      --I know that the tab must be aligned pretty accurately so a couple of microscopes would be needed too....
                      Minimal, at best... I suspect this and many similar failures are failures of the TCP ICs rather than the actual bonding.

Comment

Just thought if throw this out as a suspect. I would double check and reseat the ribbons on the tcon to the panel. It is possible the tech just rushed reinstalling the original parts and did not seat the cables properly as he had already deemed it non repairable. Just a thought.

Comment

Originally posted by nicholas1110 View Post
                          Just thought if throw this out as a suspect. I would double check and reseat the ribbons on the tcon to the panel. It is possible the tech just rushed reinstalling the original parts and did not seat the cables properly as he had already deemed it non repairable. Just a thought.
                          i definitely did that, I also swapped the two ribbon cables to verify and the issue remains the same. I think since I had a surge, and the surge fried the power board, and video board, most likely the T-CON went bad as well. I ordered it and hopefully that fixes it. if it doesn't work then I will try the LVDS last and that will be end of the line.

Comment

If all test patterns are showing fault, then it cannot be LVDS. (As some test pattern modes generate image on T-con side, ignoring LVDS.)

Comment

If all test patterns are showing fault, then it cannot be LVDS. (As some test pattern modes generate image on T-con side, ignoring LVDS.)
                              Thanks for this info. really appreciated. it saves me one step, so i guess the T-CON replacement will be end of the line. I will know in five days when it arrives.

Comment

Originally posted by Hamie View Post
                                Bad panel I'm afraid.
                                Bad tab bondings. You could wedge the connection back again using various methods but not always 100% successful
                                fortunately for me you were mistaken.
                                1) 1st issue was lit background and nothing else, auto turn on, no video no sound (bad power board and video board)
                                2) 2nd issue were the vertical lines caused by the T-CON and not the panel

the issue was caused due to a surge which i could see a small burnt area by one of the capacitor legs. looks like the surge completely damaged the video board as well and partial damage on the T-CON

Thankfully the Insurance Tech got it completely wrong, thought it was the panel while it was the three boards. So i get the full price of tv and the cost of this repair , 75$ in total for all three boards from ebay.

I got the power board for 20$, video board for 15$ and T-CON for 40$ all used , compatible parts , not original to the model.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by nicholas1110 View Post

thanks for your help. TV fixed

Comment

thanks for your help and the documents. TV is fixed.

Comment

I'm glad you fixed the set, you got pretty lucky tbh because that fault is rarely a T-con problem. Not too bad for a 60" set then.

Comment

Working...
                                      X