Thank you to the guys at HEGE supporting Badcaps [ HEGE ] [ HEGE DEX Chart ]

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New tool, Aoyue 8800! Desoldering just got easy!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New tool, Aoyue 8800! Desoldering just got easy!

Thanks mate for the suggestion.

Comment

Guys, get the real stuff, these copies or look a likes, are not the same!
      I have purchased these in the beginning and I have realized, that I'm just struggling with these tools and then, I had to buy the real stuff and at the end, I ended spending more. It's a joy working with the real stuff.
      I have got the Hakko tool, which is not much more expensive, if you buy it at the right time(when the price is lower) and it works as expected, or even better then expected.

Comment

@ lookimback:

You can buy the heating element here:
        http://www.sra-solder.com/c088-heati...esoldering-gun

It costs $15

I suppose this is the 110V version; 220V version should be different part number.
        Last edited by alex987; 05-16-2015, 02:11 AM.

Comment

But is it worth it for something that was already broken twice in rapid succession?

Maybe - if you used it to 'repair' the 8800, flog it off on eBay ASAP, then use the funds towards a Hakko...
          "Tantalum for the brave, Solid Aluminium for the wise, Wet Electrolytic for the adventurous"
          -David VanHorn

Comment

About the Hakko FR-300 here there are a lot of people having heating element issue.
            http://www.amazon.com/Hakko-FR300-05...ct_top?ie=UTF8

Ah, about the pump motor, try to read this review:
            http://www.amazon.com/review/RB7LNF2...28013&store=hi

It seems it isn't a good design...

So, better to spend less (for an 8800) hoping it longer last, or spend more than double for an FR300, which seems to have some issues?
            Last edited by alex987; 05-16-2015, 08:37 AM.

Comment

Hakko 808 is a better idea
              "Tantalum for the brave, Solid Aluminium for the wise, Wet Electrolytic for the adventurous"
              -David VanHorn

Comment

Fixed. It was around $21.50 with shipping. It works good, but has a real flimsy feel to it. I know it won't last a year of regular use. I considered selling it on eBay Agent24, but I wouldn't risk tarnishing my reputation. I'll use it until it breaks again, I have to get some use out of it to minimize my losses, but once it breaks again I'll toss it and get a Hakko.
                ------------signature starts here------------

Comment

I had both the Hakko desoldering station and hand held units and after 10 years of solid use, my Hakko handheld self-destructed. It had three screws through springs holding the barrel on and two of them gave way suddenly and it went 'bang' in my hand. The desk unit (soldering and sucking station) died about half a year later, again releasing piles of electronic smoke.

In all, quality lasts but there comes a point where replacement makes sense no-matter who makes it.

Comment

I have a paperweight again. I used this last night for about 2 hours straight. I had 5 power supplies to rebuild, each with 9 components to remove. Towards the end, the pump started seizing up, it had no suction, and one of the screws which hold the tip assembly in melted out. Now, I just turned it on and the element is burned out again. These things are very poorly designed and are definitely not intended to be used. I won't waste my money fixing it again.

Comment

Wow, that is astoundingly bad quality, even for a Chinese junker.
                      -David VanHorn

Comment

And prior to last night, I'd only used it for a few minutes on a couple occasions. I had the temp on 480°C, I wonder if It's over powering the element?

Comment

i wonder if it's not a 24/36v element!!

Comment

I think it's 120v

Comment

it *should* be, but that's not what i meant!

Comment

Originally posted by lookimback View Post
                                And prior to last night, I'd only used it for a few minutes on a couple occasions. I had the temp on 480°C, I wonder if It's over powering the element?
                                Maybe the temperature control is shorted and driving it full tilt all the time.
                                All the reviews on Amazon give it 5 stars. Admittedly, there are only 4 of them, though.
                                -David VanHorn

Comment

i got this.
                                  it was the cheapest one because i use to much wick on power supply to learn how to fix them

the only prob is the internal vent its making a noise after 2 weeks but i know why. moisture in basement.
                                  the max temp i use it its 380c. it does the job flawless
                                  Attached Files
                                  Just cook it! It's already broken.

Comment

those are from Ningbo Zhongdi Industry & Trade Co., Ltd.
                                    http://www.china-zhongdi.com/index.asp

Comment

480C is way too hot anyway... on my old 968 it would make the element glow bright orange.
                                      I would use 360-400C for hot air. Maybe that'll make it last a little longer.
                                      Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
                                      For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

I took the risk and I bought one (220V version).
                                        It works fine; no complaint to date.
                                        I set the temperature to 350C.

Maybe is 480C too high temperature?
                                        Why did you use this high temp? (in my opinion, 350C is good for both single and double layer pcbs)
                                        Last edited by alex987; 06-14-2015, 05:14 PM.

Comment

It was set that high when I got it, I never really thought about it. I keep my iron set to about 365, I don't know why I never thought to turn it down.

Comment

Working...
                                          X