Thank you to the guys at HEGE supporting Badcaps [ HEGE ] [ HEGE DEX Chart ]

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New tool, Aoyue 8800! Desoldering just got easy!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New tool, Aoyue 8800! Desoldering just got easy!

How does it work? I use braid and pumps for my de-solder work but always looking for something to make it go faster. Time == $$$$

Comment

Originally posted by Nerfinator View Post
      How does it work? I use braid and pumps for my de-solder work but always looking for something to make it go faster. Time == $$$$
      So far, I'd say it works really good.
      ------------signature starts here------------

Comment

http://youtu.be/mEgRHT1EqVA

http://youtu.be/aC0d-WhHdZM
        Last edited by capkid; 02-26-2015, 11:59 AM.
        LG Plasma Mal-Discharge Correction Service

Comment

I bought mine from sra-solder, but through their eBay store because it was $10 cheaper there. I wish they made a tip that could fit over the pins on large heatsinks. I guess that's my only complaint, but from what I can tell, none of the other brands make such a tip either. Maybe I'll buy a spare 1.8mm tip and bore it out.

Comment

Originally posted by lookimback View Post
            I bought mine from sra-solder, but through their eBay store because it was $10 cheaper there. I wish they made a tip that could fit over the pins on large heatsinks. I guess that's my only complaint, but from what I can tell, none of the other brands make such a tip either. Maybe I'll buy a spare 1.8mm tip and bore it out.
            You can also add solder then suck up the solder on either side of the pin - this should clear the hole. You'll need lots of heat, so a heat gun is a must.
            Last edited by capkid; 02-26-2015, 04:47 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by capkid View Post
              You can also add solder then suck up the solder on either side of the pin. You'll need lots of heat, so a heat gun is a must.
              I have a heat gun. A remnant from my home improvement days. I use it, very carefully, to warm up boards so the heat doesn't disperse as quickly when I'm desoldering . I also have a hot air station.

Comment

So Aoyue finally ripped off the Hakko 808?
                "Tantalum for the brave, Solid Aluminium for the wise, Wet Electrolytic for the adventurous"
                -David VanHorn

Comment

Originally posted by Agent24 View Post
                  So Aoyue finally ripped off the Hakko 808?
                  So it would seem.

Comment

Wonder how long before Kada etc rip off the Aoyue!

Desoldering guns are pretty awesome compared to the one-shot pumps. But even those and braid are still good sometimes, desoldering gun doesn't work for everything.

I have a Den-On gun type one but I think I would prefer a station. I don't like the vibration from the pump motor. It seems to make it easier to damage pads sometimes.
                    "Tantalum for the brave, Solid Aluminium for the wise, Wet Electrolytic for the adventurous"
                    -David VanHorn

Comment

They could use a better label. It's not like this was cheap. $180, I think a foil label wouldn't cost more than a quarter.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Maybe you should be glad, they might have used the money saved on the sticker to give it better quality wiring.
                        -David VanHorn

Comment

Originally posted by Agent24 View Post
                          Maybe you should be glad, they might have used the money saved on the sticker to give it better quality wiring.
                          Good point.

Comment

WOW! I'm sold.

Comment

They could use a better label. It's not like this was cheap. $180, I think a foil label wouldn't cost more than a quarter.
                              That size, probably about .05/ea after volume pricing. I use to order custom foil labels from Uline for my concrete gnomes that my boys and I make.

Comment

I hate to even have to revisit this thread and say this, but this thing is less than a month old and already has issues. The pump motor bogs down sometimes and then the suction is crap. I don't know if it's the motor itself, or just a bad connection. I haven't used it more than 10 times. I guess I'll tear it apart and see what it is. If you want one of these, I'd suggest saving up a bit more and getting a Hakko. Also, I think one where the pump is in a station rather than the gun would be better. Aoyue just lost me as a customer.

Comment

The Hakko 808 I bought was only $170 or $180. The only issue I've had is not an issue with the gun itself: The tips can become clogged and rendered unusable if you suck up flux. The flux becomes hard like concrete and is difficult to remove. I haven't found a removal method that doesn't also damage the tip. Also, I haven't encountered a need to have a station separate from the gun. What were your thoughts in that regard?
                                  Last edited by capkid; 03-15-2015, 02:47 PM.

Comment

i had a weller ds80, the cleaning is always a problem on vac tools.

to get the flux and other crap out of the end, use a drill-bit that is smaller than the hole when it's cold.
                                    and if you use it a lot, empty the collector and inspect the filter atleast once a day.

Comment

Originally posted by capkid View Post
                                      Also, I haven't encountered a need to have a station separate from the gun. What were your thoughts in that regard?
                                      Less vibration would be the only real benefit.

I took this apart, I don't know why I didn't take pics of the internals. I know I should be banished for that. Anyway though, I'm certain it's the motor. It has no markings, just a sticker that says No. 1064. I'm going to try to return it, even if just for an exchange. If that doesn't happen, I'll try to find a replacement motor, maybe something of higher quality.

Comment

I'd think an overnight soak in acetone would dissolve the flux.

Comment

I hate to even have to revisit this thread and say this, but this thing is less than a month old and already has issues. The pump motor bogs down sometimes and then the suction is crap. I don't know if it's the motor itself, or just a bad connection. I haven't used it more than 10 times. I guess I'll tear it apart and see what it is. If you want one of these, I'd suggest saving up a bit more and getting a Hakko. Also, I think one where the pump is in a station rather than the gun would be better. Aoyue just lost me as a customer.
                                          This is my past experience with Aoyue.

I bought an Aoyue 968 and had far too many issues with it. Soldering iron failure, hot air heater failure, pump noisy/shaky, etc.

Never again will I buy an Aoyue.
                                          Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
                                          For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Working...
                                          X