Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Bush (Vestel) led40127fhdcntd - turns off and on repeatedly

Originally posted by tn245 View Post
    Remote control info seems to be in the file mb95_hwprofile.bin in CONF. You can extract files from CONF.BIN using the scripts downloaded from https://github.com/jrspruitt/ubi_reader
    I have had a look in MBoot bin a line at 0x000E0D78 that says TOSHIBA_NEC GET IR KEY, now I think the Toshiba uses the NEC IR protocol while most vestel sets use Phillips RC5 protocol but what I really need now is a Mboot bin file from a Toshiba set so I can do a file compare and hopefully see which address needs to be changed , however the comment from Gabiz_ro needs some further investigation as he suggests changing some code opens up the previously read only settings in the service menu which could be very useful.

Comment

So I got back on this TV thanks to prompting from michael dranfield and gabiz_ro.

Firstly I discovered the firmware dump script I posted is not very useful the way I had written it. I've rewritten it to dump the ubi volumes as ubifs images and attached it below. This also means the volumes in UBIA actually dump now without it hanging. These ubifs images are pretty easy to unpack, mess around with and repack to put back on the TV.

I didn't yet resolve my main board that keeps corrupting but I managed to buy another main board that works by looking for one with all the same connectors. I had to substitute a panel file which I got from a firmware pack provided by michael dranfield.

Now everything works great including internet access so thanks guys for getting me back on it! I am still curious why the old board keeps corrupting so will continue to play with that for a bit.
      Attached Files

Comment

Can you explain more about substituting panel file?

Did you look at nand bad blocks before and after nand scrub?

Comment

Originally posted by gabiz_ro View Post
          Can you explain more about substituting panel file?
          The software on the new board expected a different panel, meaning the image was inverted and slightly distorted. By replacing file VESTEL_D1_PLUS_PNL.BIN in the CON volume with the correct file taken from a different software and reuploading to the set I was able to get the panel driven correctly.

Note that VESTEL_D1_PLUS_PNL.BIN seems to be used to generate another file panel.bin which is then used as the panel driver. If panel.bin is already present I found that deleting it and replacing VESTEL_D1_PLUS_PNL.BIN worked to replace the panel driver.

Originally posted by gabiz.ro
          Did you look at nand bad blocks before and after nand scrub?
          I didn't do anything to do with bad blocks or nand scrub.

Comment

Hi,
            I've got same television, where sound works fine, backlight is on but no picture.
            Any ideas what's wrong?
            Thank you.
            Regards.

Comment

Originally posted by jczarniak View Post
              Hi,
              I've got same television, where sound works fine, backlight is on but no picture.
              Any ideas what's wrong?
              Thank you.
              Regards.
              my set was doing this and was a faulty eeprom chip i relaced it with a pre programmed one from ohms supplies and all is ok now it may not be the fault with your set but is a possiibilty.Have you checked basic voltages like what dc voltage do you get on each side of the tcon fuse etc if your not sure post good clear pictures of the boards you have in your tv and we can see if we can point it out for you.
              Last edited by vinceroger69; 03-15-2016, 09:58 AM.

Comment

Hi,
                Thank you for support.
                I've checked voltage on each side of the tcon fuse and I get 13.0-13.1 Volt.
                I've checked also Voltages on power supply which looks alright.
                What else can I check?
                If main board is faulty can I buy any vestel 17mb95m for 40,42 or50"TV?
                Thank you for help.

Comment

Originally posted by jczarniak View Post
                  Hi,
                  Thank you for support.
                  I've checked voltage on each side of the tcon fuse and I get 13.0-13.1 Volt.
                  I've checked also Voltages on power supply which looks alright.
                  What else can I check?
                  If main board is faulty can I buy any vestel 17mb95m for 40,42 or50"TV?
                  Thank you for help.
                  As reece has advised in another thread you need to match the main board with all the details from the board and any stickers on the board as there matched to the panel used in the tv so really try too get a exact match whats the exact problems your having with your tv? if its a eeprom issue you can sometimes buy pre programmed ones from the likes of ohms supplies etc just send them a email with the panel details (on white sticker on metal back of lcd screen usually) they maybe be able to help you if not just keep searching for a matching mainboard i guess it may take some time though.

Comment

Thank you.
                    Will eeprom issue causing no picture on screen?
                    Sound works fine, backlight is on, just no picture.
                    What's about USB sticks which ohms supplies are selling?
                    Will this cure my problem?

Comment

Hello!

I have TV POLAROID 3-40 LED 14 with VESTEL 17MB95M

After connecting to ethernet and Runing NETFLIX it was crashed..

TV not power on. only the power LED flashing continuously. remote control not reaction, picture is black (only every 30 second period switch ON backlight for 5 second). sound is epsent.

I download firmwire from BADCAPS.net FAQ

1. usb_auto_update_A1.txt
                      2. mboot.bin
                      3. mb90_en.bin

Write to USB Flash FAT32

insert to Upper USB in TV

Press OK on remote control and switch ON TV

after this TV is black all time without backlight.

Can you help me to find firmwire for it ?

and how can i flash it ?

Comment

file:///D:/VESTEL%2017MB95M/photo/20160320_155547.jpg
                        file:///D:/VESTEL%2017MB95M/photo/20160320_155553.jpg
                        file:///D:/VESTEL%2017MB95M/photo/20160320_162942.jpg
                        file:///D:/VESTEL%2017MB95M/photo/20160320_163003.jpg
                        file:///D:/VESTEL%2017MB95M/photo/20160320_170825.jpg

Comment

add pictures
                          Attached Files

Comment

Are you sure it a firmware fault ? Have you checked your Psu voltages ? The firmware will normally never crash while the set is on.
                            Please Do Not PM My Page Asking For Help Badcaps Is The Place For Advise, Page Linked For Business Reasons Only. Anyone Doing So Will Be Banned Instantly !

https://www.facebook.com/Telford-Tel...7894576335359/

Comment

Originally posted by ReeceyBurger123 View Post
                              Are you sure it a firmware fault ? Have you checked your Psu voltages ? The firmware will normally never crash while the set is on.
                              Pretty sure this is a software fault. These sets run Linux and could easily corrupt and crash while on and accessing interactive stuff like Netflix.

I've got some mb95 software but not one that will match your panel lsvserg83. Hopefully someone else on the forum can provide one that matches.

Comment

A note for anyone with firmware faults on 17mb9x boards: Unless you are sure you have the right package that matches your set exactly (not the model number - it has to match the production code on the main board), DON'T reflash it yet!

The software is divided into various parts - the mboot on the SPI chip, and then several partitions on the NAND. If your software is corrupt chances are that only part of it is bad, and the important bits that are unique to your set (panel and other config info) are very likely recoverable. The mboot/SPI chip I think is rarely the problem so no need to reflash that. If you attempt a reflash you will wipe everything and have to hunt out new software.

Comment

Hello, I have TV Horizon with Vestel 17MB95M. After an firmware corruption I reflash the board via USB. All work ok except the tuner. My question is how can I change the tuner type from Si2156 to Si2157?
                                  I have orginal backup form spi.

Comment

Originally posted by tn245 View Post
                                    I changed the tuner type succesfully just by changing the line here from Si2156 to Si2157 (see image). Just above that you can see Rc5117. I guess this refers to the remote control. There are codes for many remote listed elsewhere in the file including some with brand names (most without):

Panasonic-Rc4861
                                    Sharp-RC484x
                                    Technisat-Rc4850
                                    Technisat-Rc4852
                                    TOSHIBA-Rc3412
                                    TOSHIBA-Rc4826
                                    TOSHIBA-Rc4827_8

I think you should be able to replace that with the code for your remote if you can figure out which one it is.
                                    Hello! Could not find it to edit the file. Need to change IC tuner reference from SI2153 to SI2175. In what line is it in? Can anyone provide an edited file or somehow help me?!

Best regards

Comment

Hi,
                                      I got a the same problem with the same board: TV keeps rebooting every 30s, no picture.
                                      Here are the exacts specs: 17MB95M - 10090577 - 23195159
                                      Do you have any idea where I should look to find to right files to flash it?
                                      I already checked the PSU, it seems do be working fine.
                                      Thank you so much for your help

Comment

Originally posted by ReeceyBurger123 View Post
                                        This is definitely not true - the TVs can crash while running. I've had a Vestel set crash when the TV guide is accessed, for instance.
                                        Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
                                        For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

I dont know if this issue has been resolved yet, I had exactly the same problem, it turned out to be the firmware was corrupt.
                                          Done a firmware flash update and resolved the problem right away.
                                          Regards
                                          Jim

Comment

Working...
                                          X