Bush (Vestel) led40127fhdcntd - turns off and on repeatedly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Bush (Vestel) led40127fhdcntd - turns off and on repeatedly

Michael, let me know how it goes and what else you find out along the way.

By the way as I said I don't know if that script will work with all versions as the partition sizes may be different. If you can get on the u-boot console via uart you can do it all step by step and see what's going on.

Comment

By the way did anyone manage to get one of these sets to connect to the internet? I didn't have the specific wifi dongle that you need but also had no luck connecting to my network via ethernet. I'm wondering if that was related to using different software as well.

Comment

The one I sold connected fine with Ethernet on orginal software, so possibly software fault on yours.
        Please Do Not PM My Page Asking For Help Badcaps Is The Place For Advise, Page Linked For Business Reasons Only. Anyone Doing So Will Be Banned Instantly !

https://www.facebook.com/Telford-Tel...7894576335359/

Comment

Originally posted by tn245 View Post

By the way as I said I don't know if that script will work with all versions as the partition sizes may be different. If you can get on the u-boot console via uart you can do it all step by step and see what's going on.
          Would I be right in thinking this file could be re written to suit other versions just by looking at the M BOOT file ? I am assuming the M BOOT contains the specific addressees to which files are written ?

Comment

By the way did anyone manage to get one of these sets to connect to the internet? I didn't have the specific wifi dongle that you need but also had no luck connecting to my network via ethernet. I'm wondering if that was related to using different software as well.
            Not tried internet as yet but I suspect your fault was software driven , I will keep in touch and let you know how I get on .

Comment

On all update txt file seems to be same mac address.
              I have removed quiet from boot arguments and now kernel show many console messages.
              I remember on the last ones after complete boot up is something like
              SPI mac address invalid

But my LCD display is dead (hope I can fix it) so I can't check if wired network works or if missing mac etc

For remote control I read somewhere you can go into service menu or hotel menu and enable multiple remote support.

Comment

Originally posted by michael dranfield View Post
                Would I be right in thinking this file could be re written to suit other versions just by looking at the M BOOT file ? I am assuming the M BOOT contains the specific addressees to which files are written ?
                Yes in the mboot file you can find a line like:
                Code:
                dynpart edb64M-nand:0x500000(KL),0xFA0000(CONF),0x7200000(UBIA),0x7860000(UBIB),-(NA)
                Which is the command to set the partitions. There are two lines like that in my mboot file with different values but the first instance seems to be the correct one.

If I remember you can also see the partition sizes from the u-boot console with the command printenv.

Comment

Originally posted by gabiz_ro View Post
                  On all update txt file seems to be same mac address.
                  I have removed quiet from boot arguments and now kernel show many console messages.
                  I remember on the last ones after complete boot up is something like
                  SPI mac address invalid

But my LCD display is dead (hope I can fix it) so I can't check if wired network works or if missing mac etc

For remote control I read somewhere you can go into service menu or hotel menu and enable multiple remote support.
                  I tried setting mac address using a value found in my original mboot file. I don't think that worked. Again I have to get back to this one and play around a bit more. Not much time for it at the moment.

In the service menu most options were marked read-only and couldn't be changed. Not sure if remote control was one of them.

Comment

@michael dranfield
                    you may try
                    HOTEL MODE: MENU, 7,9,3,5 then something with multiple remote control turn to on
                    Then test with original remote if works.

Comment

@michael dranfield
                      you may try
                      HOTEL MODE: MENU, 7,9,3,5 then something with multiple remote control turn to on
                      Then test with original remote if works.
                      I have tried this but the remote command is read only , in fact many of the commands on this set are read only .

Comment

I tried the program you sent but it did not work on my set possibly as I have already played about with the SPI so I think I need a virgin set to try however you have given me some food for thought and I am going to try modifiyng it to suite another Mboot file and see what happens with a fully working set.

Comment

I tried the program you sent but it did not work on my set possibly as I have already played about with the SPI so I think I need a virgin set to try however you have given me some food for thought and I am going to try modifiyng it to suite another Mboot file and see what happens with a fully working set.
                          If your mboot on the SPI is bad and the TV won't start at all you are going to have to remove the SPI chip off the board and reprogram it with mboot using an SPI flasher. I had to do that a couple of times.

By the way the remote control configurations I think look to be in the file mb95_hwprofile.bin in the CONF volume. I don't understand why you can't just use the toshiba firmware from their website though. If you get your mboot working again it should be straightforward to install the toshiba software you downloaded.

Comment

I have tried this but the remote command is read only , in fact many of the commands on this set are read only .
                            I know they are read only.
                            Just tested this evening on another and I can change value from none to +1

That is hotel meniu not service menu.Hotel menu have editable options.

Comment

If your mboot on the SPI is bad and the TV won't start at all you are going to have to remove the SPI chip off the board and reprogram it with mboot using an SPI flasher. I had to do that a couple of times.

By the way the remote control configurations I think look to be in the file mb95_hwprofile.bin in the CONF volume. I don't understand why you can't just use the toshiba firmware from their website though. If you get your mboot working again it should be straightforward to install the toshiba software you downloaded.
                              I dont understand either, the toshiba site is the main program only , it does not have Mboot , so I took the toshiba program and added a Mboot file from a bush set but it just wont go into program mode, all I can think of is the Toshiba Mboot is different but as I dont have any for Toshiba I cant compare any files to see.

Comment

I know they are read only.
                                Just tested this evening on another and I can change value from none to +1

That is hotel menu not service menu.Hotel menu have editable options.
                                Hi Gabiz_ro , Many thanks for that , I am getting confused with the service menu, I will try in the morning and report back.

Comment

my programmer does not support SPI as its over 10 years old and the makers went bust a good few years ago so no more updates, can you reccomend a cheap programmer that does MX25L806E and MX25L1606E ?
                                  I cant find any cheap ones that support these chips .

Comment

I don't think it will work.
                                    Even for same board,17MB95,I see by looking at mboot.bin with hex editor that are two kind of mboot.
                                    Even mboot have same role maybe are different origins,depending on vendor.

Even so,original mboot or rewrited one recognise txt file by name,inside text command mboot what to extract from mb90 bin file and where to write.

That means mb90_en.bin must match with address defined in txt file.
                                    Trying tu use update_mb90.bin (or what is real name,can't remember now) is not good ideea,sure it won't work.

Update file must be installed from menu.If menu option of upgrade is not present,maybe by code keys from remote.

Anyway some related with remote exist in mboot.
                                    I tested some Sharp firmware and don't touched mboot during software upgrade.But after that my remote didn't work even for rewrite other firmware,In first line of serial console I can see keypad 0,ir 1 like usual when trying tu write software from USB with OK on remote pressed.But that didn't happend,normal boot continue ignoring OK pressed on remote.

Next thing was to external program spi chip and remote works again.
                                    To bad that I don't save content first to compare and see what was changed.

As for programmer I use Postal3 AVR,cheap and good.But don't know where you can buy.I see solded as is or as kit.
                                    Also you may try some BIOS programmers TL866 or others but firs check devices supported.
                                    Last edited by gabiz_ro; 02-09-2016, 02:29 AM.

Comment

I don't think it will work.
                                      Even for same board,17MB95,I see by looking at mboot.bin with hex editor that are two kind of mboot.
                                      Even mboot have same role maybe are different origins,depending on vendor.

Even so,original mboot or rewrited one recognise txt file by name,inside text command mboot what to extract from mb90 bin file and where to write.

That means mb90_en.bin must match with address defined in txt file.
                                      Trying tu use update_mb90.bin (or what is real name,can't remember now) is not good ideea,sure it won't work.

Update file must be installed from menu.If menu option of upgrade is not present,maybe by code keys from remote.

Anyway some related with remote exist in mboot.
                                      I tested some Sharp firmware and don't touched mboot during software upgrade.But after that my remote didn't work even for rewrite other firmware,In first line of serial console I can see keypad 0,ir 1 like usual when trying tu write software from USB with OK on remote pressed.But that didn't happend,normal boot continue ignoring OK pressed on remote.

Next thing was to external program spi chip and remote works again.
                                      To bad that I don't save content first to compare and see what was changed.

As for programmer I use Postal3 AVR,cheap and good.But don't know where you can buy.I see solded as is or as kit.
                                      Also you may try some BIOS programmers TL866 or others but firs check devices supported.
                                      Interesting , If only I had a Mboot file for a Toshiba set I could compare in hex workshop , and this is whyI was asking if it was possible to put a usb stick into a TV and read out the SPI content on to a usb , I could grab a BIN file next time a Toshiba set comes in for repair, I tried the remote settings in the Hotel mode but it still does not work .

Comment

I'm on the phone now.Can't do much.
                                        Maybe if we can find that software will be easy to adapt some changes?
                                        http://docplayer.net/823167-Hoteltv-...286-01-06.html

Comment

my programmer does not support SPI as its over 10 years old and the makers went bust a good few years ago so no more updates, can you reccomend a cheap programmer that does MX25L806E and MX25L1606E ?
                                          I cant find any cheap ones that support these chips .
                                          I just have one like this: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/25-SPI-Ser...UAAOSwGotWk17h

It didn't list the SPI chip I had but it worked anyway.

Comment

Working...
                                          X