Did I mess up my new power board

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did I mess up my new power board

I have a Samsung hpt-5054 had some sparkles I made Samsung install a new power board.the guy was a tard.he just bumped the voltage without a scope/scanner. So I got my old DMM and it wouldn't work then it moaned and turned on.I tried to check vs and the scanner blew up. I first touched the point saw sparks on the terminal then pushed it in then boom. tv works fine but can it have damaged anything????
    Attached Files

Re: Did I mess up my new power board

What the... what is that in place of the fuse?

You probably tried to measure DC volts on the 10A range and so created a direct short to ground. No harm done to the power supply but I'd throw away the meter, can't trust it any more.
    Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
    For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Yeah that meter is junk (can tab fuse)it still turned on but shows 0.00. I had it set for 200v but boom. It definitely created a short top ground.Tv works fine though I just turned down VS and messed with v setup and VFR there were sparkles on skin tones not when dark but seems good now.

tv has a weird issue I've seen before. When I turn it on there is snow for a second then it goes away any idea what that is

Comment

That's back ground noise from the big bang...

Comment

Working...
        X