zenith Z50P3 PLASMA TV screen issues pink and purple grainy no image

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: zenith Z50P3 PLASMA TV screen issues pink and purple grainy no image

also there are some really thin horizontal black lines going across top half screen......so if anyone can help me i would appreciate it.........the laerge black stripe is confusing me suince the lower buffers test not shorted......the thin lines could be reseating ribbon cable

Comment

Try reseating the y ribbon cables. Make sure they are clicked in all the way. Congrats!
      Did I leave the soldering iron on?

Comment

thanks freak.......this has been 4yrs of hell all because of bad new parts.....im going to call shop jimmy and cuss them out....they cost me 350.00 in parts and hundreds of hrs of time....

what about the large black horiz area?....

Comment

Either a bad connection on the ribbons to the buffers or something wrong with the buffer most likely

Comment

Originally posted by freakaftr8 View Post
            Try reseating the y ribbon cables. Make sure they are clicked in all the way.
            Did you try reseating these? ive read it some times takes a few attempts to get it right

Comment

no i havent tried...in bed now...3rd shifter 88hrs week

the bottom y is not shorted.......but the large black doesnt seem like a seating issue......im not that clumsy.....its connected pretty good....so i guess a buffer can be bad and not test shorted?

i am happy....i believe i now can save both of these zeniths even though i was told to trash them lol

Comment

meet mr clumsy lol.............

it took me about 10-15 reseats each connector and finally got all the thin black lines out and the large black strip...........FIXED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hell yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! everybody!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and screw you shop jimmy for putting me through all of this because you cant sell good parts..will never buy a part from shop jimmy again.....!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                Attached Files

Comment

Looks good! Job well done

Comment

I can't find it now, but there's a Y-buffer board on ShopJimmy with a picture where the Vscan resistors are visibly blown... I hope that was just a scrap board they took a picture of but I can't assume that seeing the hassle Shelby here has had... I always thought they were more thorough in their testing.
                    Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
                    For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

yeah....im going to call shop jimmy tonight ....i boughy yhe parts 4yrs ago but yhe headache and numerous wasted hrs due to their bad parts will not be tolerated without a good cussing session with their upper level supervisor

Comment

Originally posted by shelby5041 View Post
                        yeah....im going to call shop jimmy tonight ....i boughy yhe parts 4yrs ago but yhe headache and numerous wasted hrs due to their bad parts will not be tolerated without a good cussing session with their upper level supervisor
                        I have always been the one to pick and choose my battles, you are free to do as you like but a purchase of 4 years ago and calling about it today to complain about it really wouldn't be a good use of time imo.

You fixed the TV that's great! but could it have been possible in the 4 years you have had the part that it could have been damaged by shipping or a mistake that was made on your part? I am in no way defending Shopjimmy and 4 years ago they could have been a lot less knowledgeable then they are today.

If this was more recent then I would say grab the pitchforks and torches and lets light the fire!

IMO and you can take it with a grain of salt, let it go, shit happens and in the end you won as you got the sucker working!

Maybe you can sell it and recoup some of the costs?

Grats on the repair, atleast we are hearing a success story and not a failure here

Comment

i will bitch at yhem.....they caused me headaches

Comment

the bottom line is i bought a board from shop jimmy that was suppose to be good and i should assume its good...and because of that it took me a long time to fix the tv.....if the board was in working condition this tv would have been fixed 4 yrs ago and 350.00 less in cost.......when i installed shop jimmys board and it didnt fix the tv i then started swapping other boards with no results and spent hundreds of hours trying to figure out what the issue was....even bad panel was thought.....all becuase shop jimmy sold me a defective part........

that is not acceptable any way you put it..........

i want to thank everyone in here who helped me get to success

Comment

Originally posted by shelby5041 View Post
                              meet mr clumsy lol.............

it took me about 10-15 reseats each connector and finally got all the thin black lines out and the large black strip...........FIXED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hell yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! everybody!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and screw you shop jimmy for putting me through all of this because you cant sell good parts..will never buy a part from shop jimmy again.....!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                              well done. something to be learnt, never assume what you get is good, always prove what is good

Comment

hi ....me again....1st tv working great and put it all back together ....probably shouldnt have before i got 2nd tv fixed.... BECAUSE 2ND TV have not been able to get to work....i actually ordered a substitute part per encompass parts data the y upper in my tv orig is part # ebr38447602 but i bought ebr37397801 which encompass says was a direct substiturte even though shop jimmy says no........my tv model is

zenith z50p3
                                model code 50pc3db-ue
                                panel code pdp50x40a36

for whatever reason the board i just got when i install it ..like the other tv the pink is now gone but the top 40% of the screen is good now but the bottom 60% is black.......its not 50/50 its 40/60

i have reseated the cables 10 times from experience with 1st tv and the display absolutely does not change....the top and bottom board do not test short...i even have an extra good bottom buffer and installed it and no change at all to display.....

seems like part of top buffer isnt working and also seems no power going to bottom buffer.............could this be a part compatibility issue???

unfort i already put the other tv nack together which is a pain with all the screws...maybe ill take it apart and install the known good upper buffer that is orig part#.............but cant do it for a while........

was just wondering if somone could give me some advice on this new situation...

i really thought the 2nd tv would be exact same repair which it seems to be loooking that way..by how it acted when i installed good y upper buffer...but wondering if encompass parts has incorrect data on their site.....someone recommended that they are the most accurate parts data site....shop jimmy shows no substitute part for ebr38447602 but encompass does.....

any help would be appreciated

Comment

i wish i could test for 5v going to bottom buffer but seems to be hard to test....does anyone know how i can test 5v from upper to lower buffer? on my tv?...i tried berfore on 1st tv going from y to upper buffer and could never get a reading....even though the 1st tv does work ..the issue is what to use for ground .....so i can get a v reading

just seems bottom buffer isnt even firing up.....since bottom half of screen is black...and also another 10% of top half is black

Comment

and if you look at shop jimmy the 2 parts ebr38447602 and ebr 37397801 they both are for model code 50pc3db-ue but have slightly different panel codes.

Comment

okay if you leave just the lower buffer connected and the ribbon cables connected and it connected to the y sustain bored you should get a dull gray image the screen should light basically you see anything?

Comment

uh oh.....update....left 2nd tv on for 2 min and now the screen is pink and white again.......

back the to drawing board.......

Comment

lower buffer is not connected to the y sustain..it is connected to the y upper but i got other issues now....have to start over....for some reason display is pink and white again......going to have to do some more testing....

i now am going to leave the 1st tv on for a couple hours to make sure its ok

remember i have 2 of these exact tvs with same issue and 1st one i just "repaired" and now on 2nd one...

Comment

Working...
                                          X