zenith Z50P3 PLASMA TV screen issues pink and purple grainy no image

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: zenith Z50P3 PLASMA TV screen issues pink and purple grainy no image

what should i test now......note i have. swapped out 3:ysus.....all same results

are all ysus bad?...or all good with other issue?

bad zsus?

note
    swapped zsus .same result

Comment

Can you repeat with the buffers removed?
      Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
      For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

when i did the tests today i did not have the buffer cable connected to buffer i disconnected it

was this ok? should i have buffer cable connected to y when doing this?

and do you want me to test 5v to vfg pin on same connector??

Comment

and like i told tv2005

the buffer set i have in there now is odd. 38447802 and 602

these are what was in there when i got tv....but now looking at shop jimmy neither of those show up under z50p3

but 3 yrs ago thats what shop jimmy sold me

Comment

as far as the ysus this is what is on shop jimmy when i search ebr38448902 which is what was in tv when i got it...when i search z50p3 no ysus shows up in their parts for the model tv but when i search ebr38448902 it does show up with sub parts and currently i have installed the ebr39522801 which has same connectors but different design/layout... which i just bought off ebay few days ago...with no success but i do have (2) ebr38448902

SKU sj-EBR38448902
            Warranty 180-Day Warranty
            Part Type Y-Main Board, YSUS, Y-Sustain
            Part Number EBR38448902
            MFR Part Number 1 LG EBR38448902
            Board Number(s) EAX34042601
            Substitute Parts EBR39522801, EBR38050002, EBR36223601

Comment

no matter what cost i would like to get these tvs to work..im way to deep in cost and at this point cost doesnt mean anything i would like to know what is actually causing this issue so i can learn and maybe help someone else down the line and save lots of hassle like i have gone through and i appreciate all your help....

Comment

i have bought 3 y boards...which was about 200.00 total

1 control board 40.00

2 y buffers ...75.00

and about 100hrs of time over 4 yrs on and off

Comment

and 1 z baord cost 65.00

Comment

fyi 5v to chassis i dont even get nonsense reading i get 0v

Comment

does anyone know how i can test my y buffers for short?

thanks

see photo
                      Attached Files

Comment

Do a search for user "tom66" and "buffer testing" or similar and you will find a video of exactly what you're looking for.

Comment

Originally posted by mmartell View Post
                          Do a search for user "tom66" and "buffer testing" or similar and you will find a video of exactly what you're looking for.
                          Can we give him the link? This one's been a battle, I'm having trouble finding that video. Is it in the sticky?

Comment

this tv is driving me nuts....im ready to toss it out in the lake lol

Comment

parts are hard to find

not only does it have to be zenith model z50p3 but it has to have the same model code 50pc3db-ue and the same panel code pdp50x40a36

its most people dont have this detail when selling parts...and apparently its needed

Comment

Originally posted by tw2005 View Post
                                Can we give him the link? This one's been a battle, I'm having trouble finding that video. Is it in the sticky?
                                Haha I couldn't find the link that's why I gave him just the info.

Comment

thank you for the info i did both tests on each buffer and all the uppers tesst shorted....the 2 original ones and 1 repalcement i bought in 2010

im going to buy another replacement y upper buffer and will do some more swapping of boards...so far nothing has worked

i dont have much free time so i tinker with the tv when i can.few min here few min there ...i want to hook up a video source to see what the display would look like with a video image on it...the pink and white display photos in my posting are just turning tv on with no video source.....

thanks

Comment

fyi did you see how cheap brand new led lcd tvs are now

50 inch LED lcd 199.00
                                    42 inch LEd lcd lcd 129.00
                                    32 inch led lcd 99.00

broken lcd tvs have no value anymore...it really makes fixing them pretty useless but i do like to learn and tinker it jsut sucks that it really has no financial benefit at all

do people even take tvs to repair shops anymore? i bet not

Comment

i just tinker with tvs as a hobby but i feel bad for people who do it for a living because the crazy low prices on brand new tvs makes old and broken tvs bascially disposable.....

Comment

maybe this one?
                                        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=51SZsfH60EY

Comment

not long ago it would cost about $1500.00 to get a nice 50 inch projection tv.......now you can get a nice 50 inch led lcd tv for a measly $199.00

something that used to take someone a couple months worth of savings now can be bought basically in 1 days pay

its sad.......

Comment

Working...
                                          X