zenith Z50P3 PLASMA TV screen issues pink and purple grainy no image

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: zenith Z50P3 PLASMA TV screen issues pink and purple grainy no image

gut feeling is not to replace fuse..since the fuse blew for a reason and the reason could be that the board is bad and dont want to ruin a good z or y buffer

any input would be appreciated

Comment

i know 99% of plasma tv parts on ebay come from cracked screen tvs...can the cracked screen occurrence alone just cuase the fuse to blow on the ysus?

Comment

Depends on severity. If the buffer shorted it could load down vscan in turn shorting out components on ysus. Could be a bad IPM module. I would return the board and get a working one.
        Did I leave the soldering iron on?

Comment

so replacing fuse not a good idea?.....too risky?

Comment

kinda good news.for the hell of it ..i tried my original ysus with new upper buffer just now

2nd zenith now has a full picture......was scared to leave on since i was so happy to see a full display so i turned off...lol

wanted to savor the monent.....

biggest issues with all this were bad boards from shop jimmy and ebay.....simple fix turned into tv repair from hell lol

Comment

You are definitely a patient man. I also had a similar experience with shopjimmy.
              Took me a few days to cross my fingers and install original z main on my samsung plasma,after I had replaced it and y buffer and y main from them and finally got a good display without grainy purple display. No one is perfect, but there must be a better way to test these boards before shipping out as working.

Comment

this has been a 4yr project and over 350.00 in bad parts

here is what is left...extra lol

i have 6 shorted upper y buff
                3 suspect ys
                2 bad ys
                2 good logic boards

Comment

im going to c if coppell tv repair will buy my bad abd suspect ysus as core price value

Comment

Nice! Congrats. Those lg sets put out a good picture

Comment

thanks.....happy holidays

now onto next projects sharp 60 inch lcd.and philips 32lcd both .1080p 120hz.....sound ok..backlight ok...no pic/ display at all....ordred tcons

Comment

all my shorted y buffers i will try to experiment swapping out the shorted out ics and maybe make 1 or 2 good boards....last time i tried i destroyed ic....not easy removing and prob harder to solder back on.....use them as guinea pig boards lol.....i will test suspect ys usibg coppell tv ipm test...ig pass will keep 1 and resell others as good or need repair........

merry christmas everyone!!!!!!!! my first day off work in 364 days......all 12hr days....whew!!!!!!

Comment

Merry Christmas to you too. Enjoy your tvs

Comment

hi i know everyone is probably still enjoying holiday..im at work now and i brought in 5 y sus boards of the 6 i have extra....to do some further investigating...i searched online and coppell tv had a method to test the ipms on the y boards and they say its 100% bad if test fails and if tests passes they say its 99.9% good

so i tested each ipm

gnd-vs
                            gnd-sus
                            gnd-er
                            sus-er
                            vs-er
                            vs-sus

and i do have one y board that i know for sure that when plugged in... the tv powers on and powers off instantly..and when the board is unplugged from ps the tv powers on and doesnt click off....and when i tested that board ipms i get short from gnd -vs and short gnd -sus.....board bad???

when i tested the other 4 y boards i get no shorts using coppell tv method and all fuses are good on the boards...and when i go on each ps connector and test gnd -vs i get no short

i also have 1 board that had a blown 4a fuse on it so i left it at home since i assume that board is bad since the fuse is blown....something caused it to blow ..i will do the gnd-vs test on it when i get home...that board does not have ipms on it....it has like 20 smaller componenets under large heat sinks instead and not sure how to test them but i can still do the ps connector and test gnd-vs and gnd to va..i guess

all along my issue may have just been a bad y upper board...

can i assume the 4 boards that test not shorted are good? or can something else go wrong on them that would pass the short test but still be bad?

the tests i did on the y buffers has worked 100%....the ones that test shorted were all bad and the ones that test not shorted were all good

any input would be appreciated....i have learned a lot fixing these two tvs and now have a way i hope to test y sus ....

Comment

update...ran 2nd zenith today for an hour....still working good....going to out back cover on and call it fixed....so both zeniths fixed.....and for everyone that told me they had bad panels......hahahahahahahahaha

Comment

Working...
                              X