• Show
Clear All

Re: zenith Z50P3 PLASMA TV screen issues pink and purple grainy no image

yeah i already saw the uk talking video lol

Comment

thats tom66 guides he has some good ones if you search his youtube videos

Comment

Originally posted by shelby5041 View Post
        i just tinker with tvs as a hobby but i feel bad for people who do it for a living because the crazy low prices on brand new tvs makes old and broken tvs bascially disposable.....
        yes this is what i do too as a hobby fixing then usually isnt a issue selling them for purchase price and cost of parts to repair is all i can basically get not very often i make a profit nowadays.

Comment

update upper y buffer board is shorted out.........tested it shorted and removed heat sink and ic cracked..........so now what?

if this is the case why woudnt the top half of display be totally black??

its not..its bright pink and white........could this just be a y buffer issue or is the y board also bad and is the z board bad?...heat sinks on y and z all get warm so the ics are working.....i just cant imagine the issue my tv has ius just casued by a bad upper y buffer there must be other issues

Comment

Shorted buffers can pull down the Vscan supply causing similar symptoms.
            Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
            For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

thannks....i guess ill try and install the good y buffer i got today....and see what happens....maybe ill get lucky and the tv will actually work again

Comment

ok well what should happen if i totally unplug the lower and upper buffer board?

black display?

Comment

mines not black it stays bright pink with white....when buffers are disconnected....so how can that be?

Comment

?? That's not supposed to happen. What happens if you disconnect zsus?
                    Did I leave the soldering iron on?

Comment

Yeah that is very odd, I have got tiny pixel sparkles from Y-sus disconnected & Z-sus connected before but never anything bright - without the reset voltage from Y-sus hardly any light can be produced.
                      Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
                      For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

if i disconnect z the display goes black

with or without buffers connected

Comment

Is that with the orange ribbons from the Y-buffer disconnected too?

Comment

no.... thats with the power cable going to buffers from y disconnected

Comment

Well, I wouldn't call any budget LED TV "nice" by any means...

Comment

tom what r u talking about budget led?

Comment

Your previous post.

Originally posted by shelby5041 View Post
                                  not long ago it would cost about $1500.00 to get a nice 50 inch projection tv.......now you can get a nice 50 inch led lcd tv for a measly $199.00

something that used to take someone a couple months worth of savings now can be bought basically in 1 days pay

its sad.......
                                  Plasma TVs have superior image quality... anyone in the videophile business would agree. More natural. High colour depth. Better on 3D modes. High contrast and high region/peak brightness. But unfortunately, they could not compete with the store-mode LED TVs with their ultra bright screens (but terrible black level, motion response, ghosting, and backlight unevenness)

Comment

Totally agree. I just replaced our bedroom TV with a Panasonic Plasma. IMHO best plasma TV money can buy. The sony kdl-55hx729 that I replaced it with had blotchy black scenes. Like usual with led. TVs unfortunately.

But on your tv Shelby even with the ysus disconnected and the ribbons still connected to the buffers you should still be getting g a black image. So I think we're on to something now. What happens of you reconnect the Ysus and leave Zsus connected and disconnect the connector on the power supply for VA?
                                    Did I leave the soldering iron on?

Comment

Just be very careful with Va connector... do not disconnect it with power plugged in, and check it has dropped to <5V before connecting again.

Comment

update 12/914

i have some good news ...it seems i have some sort of picture now....i was finally able to get a non shorted y upper and used a new y that i bought a few yrs ago and the pink and white are now all gone......from the beginjing it now seems the y buffer i bought from shop jimmy was bad all this time and i didnt know....it threw me off track and thats why i changed the logic..the z and etc etc....but all this time i think it was a bad buffer anbd possibly y.........all the people that told me the panel was bad was just a cop out lol.............i stuck with it and i dont think im far from actually fixing this tv now

there is a slight issue now though part of the screen on bottom is black and i tested the lower buffers and thety are no shorted.....any ideas????

this has been one tuff tv to repair only because boards i bought were bad and i didnt know it......im going to try and post a photo of tv now

Comment

and one thing i did learn is that when u buy a used board that is sold as working...there is a chance that its defective

and also i learned that just because someone says its a bad panel that can simply be a cop out answer.....

and i learned that coming in this forum and talking to several people and using the knowledge can result in success

and also i learned common sense can go a long way...........i had people tell me it was a z board issue and from my common sense when i was pluggin and unpluggin boards ....it didnt tell me z board was bad....i was pointing towards y or buffers...because of how tv acted when i was unplugging boards
                                          Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                          X