Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: zenith Z50P3 PLASMA TV screen issues pink and purple grainy no image

Shelby,

I'm not sure about the compatibility between the different board pairs but maybe they cannot be mixed and matched? I thought I'd offer this. I have a pair of buffers here. They came out of the Zenith Z50P3 that had a bad power supply. I know for a fact that the Y-SUS and Z-SUS worked because I tested them in an LG set and sold them. The buffers however, are different in the LG version for whatever reason. I was scared to test them in it. That being said, I'd be glad to send these to you if you'd like to try them as a pair. I haven't tested them for shorts, but again, I'm quite confident they are good. Part numbers are EBR38447801 (BOTTOM) and EBR38447601 (TOP).

If I send them and they work, maybe you could just cover my shipping.

Let me know and shoot me a PM if you want them with your address.

TTYL,

Aaron

Comment

that should not do that. Unless the buffer sure did and loaded down the Ysustain board
      Did I leave the soldering iron on?

Comment

are you checking the Y sustain board for open resistors? I think there's a pair of two 100 ohm resistors in parallel that go belly up when there's a short on a buffer board it might be a simple fix

Comment

buffer was not shorted prior to installing

Comment

remember..this is the 2nd tv.....1st one seems fixed...and have had it on today for 2hrs still good

both had identical issues.....both z50p3 zenith

Comment

and y sustain both heat sinks are warm....when tv on...will take out buffer to check for short....since screen now pink again

Comment

ok just tested upper buffer....its now shorted on all 4 ribbon cable connectors....it was ok prior to installing todsy...so its either a bad y sus or y buffer compatibility issue

what do u think

Comment

Check the VSC voltage on your Y-sustain with no buffers installed.
                  I would say bad board over Y-sustain if pic was OK before.
                  Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
                  For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

prior to today entire display on 2nd zenith was pink white....ordered a sub part y buffer upper... was good prior to installing today.....tv powered on and i actually got a good pic on top 40% of display...lower 60% was black....then 2min later screen went entirely pink and white again......pulled y upper buffer out and its now shorted on all ics...

????????

Comment

Originally posted by shelby5041 View Post
                      prior to today entire display on 2nd zenith was pink white....ordered a sub part y buffer upper... was good prior to installing today.....tv powered on and i actually got a good pic on top 40% of display...lower 60% was black....then 2min later screen went entirely pink and white again......pulled y upper buffer out and its now shorted on all ics...

????????
                      Maybe the lower buffer is bad/shorted and took out the top. Is the lower board shorted?

Comment

lower y buffer is not shorted

but the y sustain was bought 4 yrs ago on ebay and can not verify it is actually good..........it was sold as working but you know how that goes on ebay

Comment

but remmeber the upper buffer i bought was a "sub part" listed on encompass parts....and was not a matching set with the lower......

so it could be suspect....as being fully compatible

Comment

i tested both upper and lower buffers prior to installing them today........they were both not shorted.....but now the upper buffer is shorted

Comment

you never know that upper buffer board might have been on its way out and that's why you had the black area covering the last 20% of the upper half of the screen and then it finally went. How do you even know the ysus is shorted? what happens when you install just a lower y buffer?

If the Y suatain is shorted it is going to short a buffer board it'll automatically blow the lower as soon as you turn it on I believe
                              Last edited by freakaftr8; 12-11-2014, 08:45 PM.

Comment

the y sustain could be bad......but there is no way to have the lower buffer installed without having the upper installed because the lower gets it power from the upper

definitely the upper is now shorted and wasnt before..........and thats why screen went pink and white again........what caused it is the issue....

im going to order another upper..if i can find one...very rare

and i have another y board ill try when i get the upper buffer

Comment

i never said the y board was shorted...............but yeah the upper buffer could have been on its last legs but for it to happen within 1 min of me installing it doesnt seem a viable reason....im thinking its either that the y buffer was not compatible or the y sus is bad

Comment

unless the buffer board came out of a TV that had a cracked screen and seriously stressed one of the IC's which I've seen happen plenty of times then when you put it into a good screen it automatically shorts out and then loads down the Ysust at the same time. if the Y buffer board was incompatible it won't show any proper image the fact you were getting 30% of the upper screen goes to show that the board is compatible. So I think you're just dealing with a handful of bad parts here so yes order upper buffer board and your extra Y sustain try those

Comment

ok so you think becasue i got ab out 30-40% good pic the board is compatible?

if so ill try to order another one...im getting a refund on this one as we speak...and i do have another y i bought couple weeks ago ill try once i get another upper buffer

but yeah i thinks its narrowed down to y or upper or both and im confident i will fix this tv ...just like i fixed the other one....

thanks

Comment

i do have a question to everyone...i know how to test buffers for short but is there any way i can actually test a y sus ?

i dont want to install bad y sus in my tv anymore......if there is a basic test using mulimeter with board out of tv or just in tv without z or buffers hooked up please let me know

thanks

Comment

hi i am still trying to fix the 2nd zenith and have a general queation

i bought another y sus board few weeks ago (sold as working lol)..and just got another y upper...but the y sus has a blown large 4a fuse on it.....should i just replace the fuse with a good one or assume that the board is bad and not take a chance at frying other boards on my tv if i try to install it and replace fuse?

Comment

Working...
                                          X