Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SAMSUNG LCD LN40D610M4FXZA - Backlight & Sound OK. No pitcure - Blank Screen.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SAMSUNG LCD LN40D610M4FXZA - Backlight & Sound OK. No pitcure - Blank Screen.

I have a 3 year old SAMSUNG 40" LCD TV (LN40D610M4FXZA).

Last week, observed 75% of screen with horizontal while lines and 25% with good picture. I thought that cleaning the LVDS cable edge would solve the problem.

After Cleaning the LVDS cable, There is no picture at all. I see back light is on, SOUND is OK. Can play video files using USB source(no video just the sound is audible).

I thought of seeking a technician and called SEARS home services, technician over the phone suggested me that 100% is chance of BAD PANEL and not worth fixing it. I asked him to visit and diagnose the problem. He diagnosed and told that it is possible T-CON board. He ordered OEM T-CON board ($87) and couple of days later when he replaced the T-CON Board, the problem is still out there. He told me that it is a BAD PANEL and refunded the amount for T-CON board.

I still believe the TV can be restored to its working state.

Please suggest and share your expertise to troubleshoot the problem.

Re: SAMSUNG LCD LN40D610M4FXZA - Backlight & Sound OK. No pitcure - Blank Screen.

From what I've read so far any screen with Horizontal lines is the effect of a bad panel.
    So i think the SEARS Tech was right. IMHO the only fix is to replace the panel, though.

Comment

Re: SAMSUNG LCD LN40D610M4FXZA - Backlight & Sound OK. No pitcure - Blank Screen.

I am also with the Tech too, these Samsung panels suffer failure A LOT. You could try a new mainboard but I think you are going to be wasting time and money.

Comment

One other thing you can try is disconnecting one side of the T-con power on the TV and see if half a picture comes up. Rinse and repeat for the other side.

Comment

Thanks Everyone for responding to post.

Yeah, It's true, Total waste of time and money. But Still I do not want to trash it hoping that there might be a solution to this.

I have replaced the LVDS cable and I can see the picture now (75% with horizontal lines and remaining 25% with good picture). Please see attached image.

When we replaced a T-CON with Sears TECH, we were not able to verify the pitcure as LVDS was faulty that time. Now I am going to order a new T-CON and see if this resolves it.

I will also try shuffling T-con cables. Thanks for all your suggestions.

Please post your comments after looking at this image, anticipating to hear that it is not the panel and something else.

Also, before deciding to buy a new one, one last try as instructed from this site.

http://www.highdefforum.com/flat-pan...ln-t4661f.html
          Attached Files

Comment

Can't quite understand what shuffling the cables will accomplish. More likely to be damaged by manual twisting and bending than just sitting there. If they are already faulty, shuffling them will make no difference.

Best wishes.

Comment

Ok. I got a new T-CON board, and display is still worse. As Shinju suggested, I tried disconnecting Right side of T-CON leaving Left side intact with panel.

Half screen display was perfectly fine, when disconnecting left side of T-CON and connection RIGHT side to Panel, There is no image All I got is only vertical lines and display fades off.

I tried tapping the TABS and noticed nothing. I suspect that right side panel LCD driver board is at fault and wondering if there is any remedy to it.

Please take a look at the pictures and suggest
              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
              X