Panasonic TC-P60GT30 A board swap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Panasonic TC-P60GT30 A board swap

Recently we had a big storm. Believe lightning hit close by. My cable box was taken out along with the hdmi port on my receiver and of course my TV showed no signs of life. Upon turning TV on there was no lights, no sound, no relays clicking. Luckily I found this great site. I determined that I needed to replace the A board. Before doing enough reading, I quickly found and purchased a used board (TNPH0915-1-A). I did not realize the importance of suffix and panel size of donor board.
    Anyway, I received a TNPH0915-1-A with no suffix from a TC-P50GT30 . My toasted board is a TNPH0915-1-A, suffix AC in my TC-P60GT30. Upon reading I realized I might still be able to use this "wrong" donor board by swapping IC 9304 with the one from my orig. board. I successfully soldered the chip and my tv turns on and appears to work properly. I was so happy...
    Problem, TV nows turns off after 4 1/2 min. and flashes 11 blink code. Believe P50GT30 had a fan OK. Close look at A board and there are a couple extra components that were not on my board. ie. IC5607, couple of resistors. pulled these off the board but still have same problem.
    Any suggestions... Thank you

Re: Panasonic TC-P60GT30 A board swap

I think I will swap out IC8902 and report back.

Comment

OK, swapped out IC8902. TV appears to work normally, but for only 4 mins before it shuts down with blink 11. Did a firmware update. Did a self test.
      How can I disable this fan check?

Comment

You can't disable fan check easily. Are all fans spinning? Can also be triggered by excessive panel temperature.
        Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
        For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

My tcp60gt30 doesnt have any fans. No fans present, no fan connection (A8) on my orig. main board. The replacement board had the connector and a control chip IC5607.
          This all because I am using the "wrong" board in my set. However, I seem so close...

Comment

This thread may be helpful
            https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showth...t=24745&page=6
            Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
            For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Fantastic... bridging the signals and grounds did the trick. Everything appears to be working properly.
              I must express my appreciation for this fantastic resource forum, specifically to TOM66 for your individual help and to tw2005 posts regarding eeprom swaps.
              To think I actually repaired my own tv for $50 in parts and no prior tv repair knowledge.
              Thank you......

Comment

Awesome to hear!

Comment

Working...
                X