Samsung ln40a530p1fxza Loud screeching noise no screen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Samsung ln40a530p1fxza Loud screeching noise no screen

Okay I will have to do it tommrw my tester is with my brother in law but I think so too because when I jump the psu the backlight comes on

Comment

Okay bud im not sure if i am doing this right because when you consider my tv on i can only plug it in but the on and off button does not do anything.

When the tv was plugged in these were the dc voltages i got from the pins
      1. 5.10
      2. 2.86
      3. 5.10
      4. -2.0
      5. -2.0
      6. -2.0
      7. 12.9
      8. 12.9
      9. - 2.0
      10. -2.0
      11. -2.2
      12. -2.0
      13. 5.08
      14. 5.08
      15. 5.08
      16. 5.08
      17. -2.0
      18. -2.0
      19. 12.9
      20. -2.0
      21. 12.9
      22. 12.9
      23. 0.05
      24. 0.05
      When it was off the numbers kept falling and would not stay on a certain number

Comment

Hard to see, but try heating up this small cap I circled and see if the tv will come on.
        Attached Files

Comment

How would i do it ? heat it up then screw it back in?

I did oven bake it at 400 for 8 min but i waitied for it too cool down before putting it back in
          Last edited by gringoboy6; 07-26-2014, 05:22 PM. Reason: addition

Comment

I was doing some reading on the forum and i saw tom post this could this be my main board issue?
            http://www.ohmsupplies.co.uk/epages/...s/E2P095-CP274

Comment

Yeah glitcher when I heat up the main board at that spot the tv works . I also turned it on and off multiple times but how can I fix this so I do not need to heat it up every single time

Comment

I'm guessing then that capacitor you are heating up is faulty and needs to be replaced
                "Tantalum for the brave, Solid Aluminium for the wise, Wet Electrolytic for the adventurous"
                -David VanHorn

Comment

yep, you'll probably need to replace that cap. here's the part. http://www.digikey.com/product-detai...0CT-ND/4146673

Comment

How would I replace it? It's so small lol any tips ?

Comment

Originally posted by gringoboy6 View Post
                      How would I replace it? It's so small lol any tips ?
                      If you know someone who is good at Surface mount soldiering I would ask that person to help.

If you do not feel confident enough maybe take the board/part to a local repair shop and see how much they would charge to change out that SMD cap for you.

Might want to check your local CL and see if anyone does or offering repair/soldier work.

Comment

Okay and after speaking to my brother in law he said that when the tv was on the hdmi input would not work but the av component would. Would this fix this as well?

Comment

?

Comment

Yes I think this should fix the hdmi problem as well. The tv being unable to display high def sources was one of the symptoms cause by this.

Comment

Hi, sorry to hijack the thread. I was looking at the circuit diagram posted on Tom's web site and would like to clarify something. On my power board, RM852 and RM853 is burnt and I would like to replace it. On the circuit diagram, it days 3.9KRF. Is the resistance of the SMD resistor 3.9kOhm? Thanks.

Comment

3.9k Ohms sounds logical, not sure what the "RF" on the end means, though.

If the resistor burnt, probably something 'downstream' from it is shorted or otherwise bad. In this case, ICM802. Also check RM851 since that is in series with the other two you mentioned. If 2 have blown, the 3rd one is probably at least damaged in some way as well.

Also, for anyone who didn't know, the M in the RMxxx refdes refers to the parts for that specific page of the schematic and the corresponding board\area. As you can see, the other pages have other letters.
                                "Tantalum for the brave, Solid Aluminium for the wise, Wet Electrolytic for the adventurous"
                                -David VanHorn

Comment

Originally posted by Agent24 View Post
                                  3.9k Ohms sounds logical, not sure what the "RF" on the end means, though.

If the resistor burnt, probably something 'downstream' from it is shorted or otherwise bad. In this case, ICM802. Also check RM851 since that is in series with the other two you mentioned. If 2 have blown, the 3rd one is probably at least damaged in some way as well.

Also, for anyone who didn't know, the M in the RMxxx refdes refers to the parts for that specific page of the schematic and the corresponding board\area. As you can see, the other pages have other letters.
                                  Cm802 looks fine. But DM802 is burnt. I have no electronics background. Do u think if DM802 caused the RM852 and RM853 to be burnt? Thanks.

Comment

Btw, the standby 5v is at 0v when I measured it. Hope that helps.

Comment

I'm not surprised that you have no 5v standby. Something is wrong with the primary side of that standby power circuit.

I don't think DM802 (a diode) would cause the resistors to have burnt. It's more likely the ICM802 (the ICE2QS01 switching IC for the power supply) has gone bad and caused those resistors and that diode to burn out.

Not every bad component fails with visible external signs. Some might burn underneath where you can't see, too.
                                      -David VanHorn

Comment

A newbie here but not entirely a newbie to replacing components...just off my game.

I have a ln40a530p1fxza which just recently starting the screeching noise with what I call rebooting. It turns on and seems to be unable to sync with HMDI then turns off. Then turns on and screams like a B-horror movie girl while showing a picture that is worse than a bump in the night. Rinse, repeat over and over. It has been happening for quite some time now and I'm sick of it. The lady is sick of it. The dog is has tried to piss on it.

I've found on the main board in the center back (which I think is the PSU...has to be) has a nicely fattened cap in position CM810 oozing the 'fountain of youth' and I'm sure that is it. I hope that is it as I know often the unstable power sources for HMDI can really cause some sync issues unbeknownst to most.

Has anyone else seen this cap go or others near it with these behaviors?

The worst part of this is that the lady is pissed I know how to fix this and not just buy a new TV like my brand new surround system

Comment

C102. Read post 129 for screeching and rebooting problem.
                                          https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showth...ht=C102&page=7
                                          Common problem in LN500 series.
                                          Last edited by budm; 09-11-2015, 09:04 PM.
                                          Never stop learning
                                          Basic LCD TV and Monitor troubleshooting guides.
                                          http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...956#post305956

Voltage Regulator (LDO) testing:
                                          http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...999#post300999

Inverter testing using old CFL:
                                          http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...er+testing+cfl

Tear down pictures : Hit the ">" Show Albums and stories" on the left side
                                          http://s807.photobucket.com/user/budm/library/

TV Factory reset codes listing:
                                          http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=24809

Comment

Working...
                                          X