bush led24970dvdfhd (vestel_17mb62-1) flashing red led

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: bush led24970dvdfhd (vestel_17mb62-1) flashing red led

I don't see what you intend to do if you do that. You might cause more damage, but more likely it won't boot up at all.

Try checking PROTECT test point to see if it is LOW, that indicates a short circuit detected.
    Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
    For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Yea the test point is low and I cant find the short and as a last ditch attempt I was thinking to disable the scc and see what blows or gets hot lol.

Comment

The way it works is to check 3.3V, 5V and 12V.
        Are any of these low? There's not really much short circuit current available on this board so I don't think anything will blow - it just won't work...
        Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
        For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

It's the 5v that's shorted

Comment

So, it would be good to try and figure out why. What part generates the 5V? If it's a buck converter, check its output diode and capacitors for shorts. If you have a bench power supply, try feeding in 5V separately to see what gets hot - remember to use a current limited supply as you don't want to destroy components.

Comment

Originally posted by tom66 View Post
              So, it would be good to try and figure out why. What part generates the 5V? If it's a buck converter, check its output diode and capacitors for shorts. If you have a bench power supply, try feeding in 5V separately to see what gets hot - remember to use a current limited supply as you don't want to destroy components.

5v comes from PSU and is good, hooked it up to a bench power supply, nothing got warm. So I have checked round the circuit looking for where the 5v stops.

the input voltage on chip U8 is at 5v. Vout checks at 0.3??
              Attached Files
              Last edited by LastMinuteMan; 07-25-2014, 01:29 PM.

Comment

Forgot to attach the data sheet for U8. I've had a look and cant tell if the result I got is normal or not.
                Attached Files

Comment

Did you get the problem sorted.? I have just got the same problem

Comment

I have the same problem in my ALBA 32" TV but with 17MB62-2.5 logic board.

Its showing as a short somewhere on the protection circuit.
                    I have replaced the logic board with the 2.6v of this board, same specs/connectors.

The issues I see:

V2.5 of the board:
                    Enters standby mode fine, proceed to turn on out of standby and just get flashing led.

V2.6 of the board:
                    Continues to flash red without intervention.

Cant work out how Im getting similar results with two different boards.
                    I have replaced the inverter board, PSU and TCON board for screen and nothing has resolved the issue.

Original problem I had was that on the original power supply (Vestel 17PW25-4), the FAN chip (7529) had blown its arse off along with several passive caps so had to replace. Did the replacement and this is now the issue I have.

Can anyone help??

Comment

Originally posted by capcoe View Post
                      I have the same problem in my ALBA 32" TV but with 17MB62-2.5 logic board.

Its showing as a short somewhere on the protection circuit.
                      I have replaced the logic board with the 2.6v of this board, same specs/connectors.

The issues I see:

V2.5 of the board:
                      Enters standby mode fine, proceed to turn on out of standby and just get flashing led.

V2.6 of the board:
                      Continues to flash red without intervention.

Cant work out how Im getting similar results with two different boards.
                      I have replaced the inverter board, PSU and TCON board for screen and nothing has resolved the issue.

Original problem I had was that on the original power supply (Vestel 17PW25-4), the FAN chip (7529) had blown its arse off along with several passive caps so had to replace. Did the replacement and this is now the issue I have.

Can anyone help??
                      Sorry, replaced the PSU not the FAN chip.

Comment

Working...
                      X