Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MASTER TL240 and new mainboard LW36BKC01

Hello,
    I have an old MASTER TL-240 LED TV. Since it stopped working and it had a DVB-T receiver that is being dismissed in Italy, I've decided to replace the mainboard with a DVB-T2 one.
    The original problem was that when switching on the TV, the power LED was transitioning from red to steady blue, without showing video or audio.
    After checking some voltages on the power supply board (HKL-240101-B Rev. 1.4, HKL from now on) someone suggested me to replace the mainboard.
    Now I have some doubts about how to connect the new mainboard to the old power supply.
    First of all, the new main requires 4A and I don't know if the HKL is capable of that.
    If yes, I don't understand if I can power the new mainboard with the HKL only, or if I have to connect another external power supply to the DC IN plug.
    And then, I'm not sure if the pinouts of the two boards are compatible. The HKL has a plug with 7 pins, that are connected to a flat cable that is splitted in two parts: one leads to a small connector with +5V and ground. The other part goes to another connector that is mechanically compatible with the connector on the new mainboard, but the names of the pins are different: on the HKL the pins are "12V, 12V, O/F, DIM, GND, GND" and on the new mainboard are "12V, 12V, BLON, ADJ, GND, GND".
    How to proceed?
    Attached Files
    Last edited by orcic; 05-12-2023, 08:11 AM. Reason: add some missing "s" for plurals

Re: MASTER TL240 and new mainboard LW36BKC01

They should be the same pinouts, BLON= O/F (Backlight on/off) ADJ = DIM (Backlight dimming)
    If the power supply rand the original board it should be fine with the new board as well.
    Last edited by R_J; 05-12-2023, 04:33 PM.

Comment

Re: MASTER TL240 and new mainboard LW36BKC01

If you look at this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9s69tQM2-Yo
      The guy is connecting an external power supply to the DC plug, and the connector with those "12V, 12V, BLON, ADJ, GND, GND" pins is connected to the panel directly.
      Should I assume that I'm going wrong with my idea of connecting the power supply output to the mainboard's "12V, 12V, BLON, ADJ, GND, GND" connector?
      Is it possible that the connector on the mainboard is an Input/Output? How to be sure?
      Last edited by orcic; 05-15-2023, 03:42 AM. Reason: typo correction

Comment

Working...
      X