• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Panasonic TH-50PX500U

Hoping you guys can give me some guidance on what my problem is. Thanks
    Attached Files

Re: Panasonic TH-50PX500U

The power light stays red, no blink. Unless it needs to be interrogated?

Comment

Is it still displaying a picture? Is it frozen?

Comment

I'll take a punt and say D board. You won't get a SOS blink with that kind of fault. D or DG boards but I have not really worked that kind of fault. It's definitely not Sd/Su/Sc/SS/PSU/ C boards.

Comment

[QUOTE=NickStam;460558]Is it still displaying a picture? Is it frozen?[/QUOTE
          The display isn't frozen. It functions properly just has the bars in front.

Comment

D board is a likely cause. You can check the on board test pattern.

SM for PX50U, a similar model:

page 39

Test patterns somewhere there - can't remember exactly how but think it's a few presses of the buttons to access it. Power off to exit.
            Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
            For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

I initiated the self test yesterday and these were the results....

UV OK
              SND OK
              ADV OK
              MEM OK
              DT1 OK
              DT2
              OK
              AVSWV OK
              AVSWA OK
              QC4P OK
              RTC
              OK
              HDMI OK
              PANEL OK

SOS: 8

I initiated the test two additional times and did not have the SOS code. I haven't found in the manual yet what that means but still looking.

Comment

SOS 8 is SS board MID voltage low or electrodes disconnected/loose. Has the TV ever failed to turn on, with a flashing red light 8 times?
                Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
                For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

No it turns on every time and the light has always stayed solid.

Comment

Thinking about ordering a D board and an SS board and give it a try. They aren't that expensive so what the heck.

Comment

I wouldn't order an SS board if the 8 blinks does not occur. Chances are the SS error could be original from the factory when they did the first test. (It obviously failed so they exchanged the SS board before shipment.)

Comment

Working...
                      X