will upload pics soon

check psu fuse?

Re: Hitachi 32hk04u

so obviously another vestel

17pw25-4 psu with noticable damage from the off
    Attached Files

Comment

I've done a few of these (probably my 4th now); replace all secondary diodes and repair the primary (5 SMD parts and a couple through hole.) Quite an involved job. I have one sitting on my bench right now that isn't cooperating; not blowing fuses any more... but not working.
      Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
      For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

thanks tom

series of burnt smd parts on the backside, I don't suppose you have a part list handy seeing as you've done a few, save me a few hours

Comment

When you fix this could you do me a favour and measure some voltages?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/17PW25-4-P...item4ad363fdc2

plus ALL of the UF5402 diodes on secondary. They give you two in the kit but you must replace all of them for reliability.
          Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
          For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Originally posted by tom66 View Post
            When you fix this could you do me a favour and measure some voltages?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/17PW25-4-P...item4ad363fdc2

plus ALL of the UF5402 diodes on secondary. They give you two in the kit but you must replace all of them for reliability.
            ye of course happy to help, is it not better to buy them individually?

£12 for parts seems kinda pricy

Comment

It comes out to £8 if you buy the parts individually but I think you have to get them from Farnell and the FAN7529 from eBay, Farnell has a £20 minimum order.
              This is a fairly expensive and time consuming repair, it takes me about an hour each time.

Comment

these arnt bad there brand new? £4.00 postage
                http://www.espares.co.uk/product/es1...FaVZ2wodo7gA7g
                Last edited by vinceroger69; 04-29-2014, 03:03 PM. Reason: put in the wrong postage cost sorry now corrected

Comment

That is a pretty good price, might consider it for mine. A freebie 32" hitachi, probably same model #...

Comment

never used them myself but reading that add does say new they seem cheaper than ebay used ones.
                    Last edited by vinceroger69; 04-29-2014, 02:40 PM.

Comment

Only thing to be aware of is there are some versions of 17PW25-4 that have a jumper fitted and others which don't; they are interchangeable if you remove or fit the jumper.
                      Last edited by tom66; 04-29-2014, 02:43 PM.

Comment

thats good to know at that price cant go wrong imo.

Comment

tbh think i'm going to go for one of them, £12 in parts plus maybe a few hours changing them over

but can't seem to get £2 postage, £4 for me tv owes me £25 though, not sure atm

think that seems the better option and maybe stick the board on somewhere to clear £10 after postage hopefully
                          Last edited by anotherdude; 04-29-2014, 03:02 PM.

Comment

sorry my fault just re read postage costs you are right i was going of the lower price item its still not bad imo though.

Comment

just picked up a toshiba 32kv501b with a smashed screen for £10

looks very similar to this hitachi, not had a chance to open yet but from memory toshibas are vestels too correct?

Comment

Newer ones are but I'm afraid that uses a 17PW26-4 which is NOT compatible (believe me I've tried, and failed, to mod one into another.) I got the 26-4 from a 32KV501.

Comment

Originally posted by tom66 View Post
                                  Newer ones are but I'm afraid that uses a 17PW26-4 which is NOT compatible (believe me I've tried, and failed, to mod one into another.) I got the 26-4 from a 32KV501.
                                  are you sure tom, looking through google with the model number and power supply search i get hits all over the place for this PSU

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=32...en-GB:official

Comment

It's possible they used different PSUs throughout the production run (yay for consistency) but I definitely got my 17PW26-4 from a 32KVxxxB.

(Possibly a KV500 vs KV501... I don't have the TV anymore...)

Comment

just checked it, luckily enough a 17pw25-4

has the rocker switch too, so no messing round yay

Comment

for £10.00 thats a good buy aslong as its working? maybe the t con and mains good too for future projects too. theres always smashed screen ones being offered on freecycle etc if local i will collect them for the boards etc.

Comment

Working...
                                        X