Panasonic TH-50PX75U 10 blinks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Panasonic TH-50PX75U 10 blinks

I picked this set up yesterday, initially presented as no power no blinks. After getting it home and opening it up I found a loose harness between main and control board. A slight push and it came back to life.

I brought it into the house and hooked it up for the kids to play games on, after about two hours it shut off and gave 10 blinks. Tonight I opened it up again and replaced the ceramic caps on mc201 and mc301. Had the kids play games again and it worked for about two hours before shutting down and giving 10 blinks again. Probably going to switch out the chips on the mc boards next.

Attached is before and after of the mc board, those little caps are a pain to solder. This one seems to be using a smaller caps when I meter them they are .224 uf, I used the 1uf 35v mlcc caps I used on the newer panasonics.
    Attached Files
    Liberating magic smoke one part at a time

Re: Panasonic TH-50PX75U 10 blinks

Originally posted by Caleb View Post
    I picked this set up yesterday, initially presented as no power no blinks. After getting it home and opening it up I found a loose harness between main and control board. A slight push and it came back to life.

I brought it into the house and hooked it up for the kids to play games on, after about two hours it shut off and gave 10 blinks. Tonight I opened it up again and replaced the ceramic caps on mc201 and mc301. Had the kids play games again and it worked for about two hours before shutting down and giving 10 blinks again. Probably going to switch out the chips on the mc boards next.

Attached is before and after of the mc board, those little caps are a pain to solder. This one seems to be using a smaller caps when I meter them they are .224 uf, I used the 1uf 35v mlcc caps I used on the newer panasonics.
    10 blinks on this model is usually an internal thermal fuse on smps. Hadn't heard of it being intermittent. Maybe it is thermally cycling. Win Tips says install a 7 amp micro-fuse between R251 and R252 on bottom of smps. Might want to try that.

Comment

Thanks I will give that a try if it does it again. It hasn't done it again since I posted. I was beginning to think maybe the harness that was loose was moving as it warmed up and causing the error. I'm going to hot glue it in for good measure as well

Comment

Have the same tv with 10 blinks as soon as tv turns on. Clicks three times as soon as its plugged in and blinks 10. Pushing the power button does nothing. Diagnosed for the A Board by removing A5 A6 A7 and power on, however, the screen does nothing BUT the Led is off also. Does that mean A Board???

Comment

bump???

Comment

That would seem to indicate you have more than one fault, the tv should turn on by itself and have a white screen if those harnesses are unplugged and the other boards are good. I think you might try some freeze spray on the mc201 and mc301 modules. You might also try some testing on the other boards, the 10 blinks may just be the first fault and not the only fault. You may also want to try out the micro fuse suggested earlier. Mine seems to just have been that loose a5 connector, haven't had any troubles since I glued it in.
            Last edited by Caleb; 04-10-2014, 05:03 PM.

Comment

I bought djance's tv, then I found this thread. Same 3 clicks, 10 blinks. I diagnosed it as the power board however. When I disconnect A5, A6, and A7, the tv does not turn on with a white screen by itself.

I tried to cool down the ics on the MC201 and MC301, but still get the 3 clicks right away.

I found 4 fuses on the power board that tested good. I read there is a 5th, but couldn't find it. I'm a bit of a noob, so I'm not sure where r251 and r252 are, or what the smps looks like.

Comment

Originally posted by nikulabs View Post
                I bought djance's tv, then I found this thread. Same 3 clicks, 10 blinks. I diagnosed it as the power board however. When I disconnect A5, A6, and A7, the tv does not turn on with a white screen by itself.

I tried to cool down the ics on the MC201 and MC301, but still get the 3 clicks right away.

I found 4 fuses on the power board that tested good. I read there is a 5th, but couldn't find it. I'm a bit of a noob, so I'm not sure where r251 and r252 are, or what the smps looks like.
                How can you not know what the SMPS looks like when you are working on it and have it in front of you?

Somewhere around T201, R251-254, 68K 0.1W, so expect surface chip resistor on the underside. Also looks like there's thermal fuse in that transformer as part of that resistor group. that maybe waht you are refeering to.

I think Tom may have some closer experience with these, I have a vague memory of him finding a bad fuse in one recently.

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=35320

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qQ_iLxx3Fj4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mBw8q33pqj4
                Last edited by tw2005; 04-17-2014, 09:18 PM.

Comment

Well mine has started randomly shutting off with 10 blinks again, I pulled the power board and soldered in a fuse across r251-r252 put back in tv and it ran happily for an hour before shutting off yet again. I started poking around in the area around where I put the fuse and those resistors were reading about 140k then I tested them again after I pulled the power supply yet again and I was getting 2 megohm so I think it may be a cracked trace near those resistors. Didnt have any more time to mess with it yesterday but I think I will put a standard resistor across from the feedback pin to the transformer pin and see if that clears it up. Mine seems to be rather strange in that if I unplug it and replug it it will come right on and play for an hour or so before the fault comes back, makes it frustrating to try and find whats causing it.

Comment

After some searching on the web I found a long thread with 2007 and 2008 panys shutting off randomly with 10 blinks due to an HDMI buffering issue. I am curious if this is my trouble as well as the set worked just fine in the living room on component input, I moved it into the bedroom and used HDMI and then it started having problems. Anyone hear heard of this before? The thread suggested using the front HDMI as it didnt seem to cause troubles. I will try to test out this theory and see what I get. I think it may still have an intermittent fault in the power supply as it doesnt turn on with the connectors unplugged from the main board like it is supposed to.

Comment

I had a Panny with a 10 blink and it turned out to be the A board. Worst part is how board specific the Panny's are.
                      Last edited by dcapper; 05-05-2014, 10:17 AM.

Comment

LED blinks 10 TIMES AFTER POWER SWITCH IS ON
                        repair this equipment with the C145 in the PCBoard c1 short stays in the bottom left hand facing the board

* My English is not good

Comment

PcBoard, I will check that out, what fails on c145? Esr? What do you mean by c1 short stays?

Comment

Working...
                          X