Sharp Aquos LC-60le600u No picture

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sharp Aquos LC-60le600u No picture

First I would like to thank everyone for all of the information in this forum. It has been overwhelming trying to figure out what happened with my Sharp. After reading, it seems that I may just have a bad tv, and it may not be worth repairing, but it was my first television, and it has died 1 month out of warranty.

Last week, the display stopped working, when watching on an HDMI input. I turned the tv on and off and after a few tries, the display showed the movie once again. That same night i gently lifted the tv and turned it slightly, and it continued working afterwards, so hopefully that didnt hurt it. The next day, however, I was unable to get a picture again. When I pressed power, the tv seemed to turn on, but the screen remained a black color, however it seems that the backlight was on. I also could hear audio coming from the speakers. Since then, I called Sharp support and they had me unplug and plug back in while holding various buttons. Nothing worked, and I never got the picture to show again, not even the menu or channel/input/volume. I opened the back, because I love fixing anything that I can, and was hoping to have some obvious black markings, or a blown something or other, but nothing looks bad. I reseated all cables and checked for loose screws, but nothing has helped.

Today i made it worse by somehow pulling the wires out of the key unit, and am unsure where each of the 4 wires needs to be reseated. I spent hours scouring, but couldnt figure it out. Most of what I have seen from the service manuals just shows the wire going from the key unit to the main board. Here is a pic of the main board side, maybe someone else has a similar model and can tell me where to plug each back in on the button side...

And the key side... i didn't include the 4 loose wires.

So my question is, is this worth trying to fix or am i better off having an expert come and repair it in my home? I don't want to throw parts at it(I have an addiction to classic cars, so I do enough of that). I also am not too keen on the thought of paying hundreds of dollars getting what seems to be a cheaply made tv repaired. If repairing would cost over $500 for example, I'd just replace with a higher quality set which will hopefully last a few years. Maybe I am being too optimistic though. Thanks for any advice or suggestions!

Re: Sharp Aquos LC-60le600u No picture

Oh, and I forgot to add, the last time it was working, I saw the input on the screen, but there were horizontal lines scrolling and eventually it seemed to wipe the input label away. I powered off and on and havent seen any lines or anything on the screen since.

Comment

On that key unit the wires are probably inline. So follow the wires from the board the loom connects to and they.should all be inline. Example. Wire o e of the output is wire one of the other side of the loom..wire two and so on.

With the blank picture issue try this. With tv on try grabbing the frame of the tv and gently twist it back and forth and see if a picture comes up or any kind of picture besides a blank picture.
      Last edited by freakaftr8; 03-09-2014, 02:15 PM.
      Did I leave the soldering iron on?

Comment

Thanks for the advice. You were correct about the wiring to the keyunit. Thanks for helping sort that out. I tried twisting gently but I was unable to see anything aside from the lit black screen. I still am able to play a dvd and switch inputs until i hear sound...

Comment

So this morning, after reassembling the front, I was verifying that I could not get a picture from any of the hdmi inputs. I decided to take a picture of the display glowing slightly, just to post it here in case I was wrong about the lighting. Suddenly, the screen displayed some horizontal gray lines, and then snapped to the final picture, which had the display divided in half. I am hoping this is important and helpful for you experts.

Here is a photo from the back, just showing the lighting:

This is when the lines displayed:

And this is the final screen that I saw, which from reading other posts, may be helpful:

Comment

im thinking t-con on this one,the split screen looks the same if you disconnect one of the two LVDS ribbons,

test fuses on t-con,also check the supply voltage to the t-con (VCC),which will e generated from the main board

clean with iso-alc the ribbon LVDS terminals and reseat.

check all output voltages on the psu to make sure they are what they should be.

ive had a couple of these in with a simular problem ,they turned out to be main board failiure though.due to a corrupt MCU

what panel is in this tv?,auo,samsung,etc?,should be printed on reverse of panel
            fixed so far...376 lg lcd tv's,24 onn tv;s,24 panasonic lcd,16 jvc lcd,12 marshall jcm800 amps,refurb of various disco equipment lighting,old style disco decks ,and a flymo!

----------------------------------------------
            please let us know if everything works ok if your tv gets fixed, as it will be and aid for anyone else having the same problem and wishing to fix it.it would save people clogging up this site with topics that are duplicated,and can be found easily using the search function.,and taking up valuable space.enjoy your fixed tv!,hopefully!

Comment

Thanks for the replies again. I cleaned and reseated the ribbon cables with no improvements, unfortunately. After some frustration, I called Sharp with the intention of complaining and inquiring about servicing, and somehow they neglected to tell me during the first few calls that my warranty had been extended 3 months for registering with aquos advantage. Since I called them with the issue a few weeks back, I beat the end of the warranty by 3 days, and have a technician coming to look at it on Thursday. I will let you know what it ends up being. Thanks again everyone!

Comment

Just an observation. The key unit may be a problem for you even if you get the correct wiring. I have a Sharp 60le835 with a similar key unit. The service manual states that it must be replaced if it is "defoliated". (I think they mean delaminated). Mine is a two piece board... one part with the printed circuit and connectors, the second part being a white, adhesive backed strip of plastic which sticks to the inside of the TV's bezel. If when removing the circuit board, you leave the white piece attached to the bezel (and it will happen if you are not careful), the touch commands will not transmit to the circuit board.

To prevent that, use a heat gun or blow dryer to heat soften the adhesive before trying to remove the circuit board.

Comment

Those symptoms are not.that of a faulty key unit. I'm thinking the panel us the issue. Possibl the tcon but looks like a panel problem.
                  Did I leave the soldering iron on?

Comment

Hows it going Shawn- I'm trying to fix this same tv for a relative- although theres issues with the power supply, it will not turn on to give me blinking service codes which has me thinking the key control board since the I have some voltage readings from the last 4 pins on the main board RA connector which is where that board plugs into. Pin12 - 0.00V, Pin13 - 3.25V, Pin14 - 3.15V, Pin15 - 3.15V. Do you know where I can find what the voltages should be for that RA connector? the main board is a Delta KF905, QPWBXF905WJZZ. This all originated from a power surge

Comment

Correction- the main board is a Goodwell and the power supply is a Delta

Comment

Working...
                      X