No announcement yet.

Samsung QE82Q70RAT no backlight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes! And that's with TV on? I'll have to look through thread again but I'm positive some of those should be 3 volts. Maybe we on to something

Comment

Do you have a legend like this one does? If so does it show it as 3v point 1?

Comment

Originally posted by Diah View Post
        the socket between PSU and LED driver boards are rail supply
        we are interesting on the socket between LED driver boards and MB this is the key control of signal
        Click image for larger version

Name:	led driver.png
Views:	71
Size:	496.0 KB
ID:	3277492
        So that is what I have on the 16-pin connector CN9001A. (I didn't measure the serial pins since I don't think a reading with the multimeter will be relevant. Just tell me if I should measure it or scope it.)
        Pin Name Measure
        1 GND 0V
        2 SEAMLESS 0V
        3 GND 0V
        4 SCL_LED 2,71V
        5 BLU_ON/OFF 3,223V
        6 TEST_SD 1,38V
        7 SDA_LED 2,70V
        8 GND 0V
        9 TEST_LD 0,9V to 1,2V
        10 VSYNC_IN Skipped
        11 SERIAL_STT Skipped
        12 SERIAL_UHR Skipped
        13 SERIAL_DATA Skipped
        14 GND 0V
        15 GND 0V
        16 CONTACT 0V

Name:	led driver connector.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	200.6 KB
ID:	3277529

Comment

Originally posted by EazyBone View Post
          Do you have a legend like this one does? If so does it show it as 3v point 1?
          You are right I have the pin description table and I'm sorry I cropped it on my previous closeup picture I totally missed it. Here it is and you are right it show 3.3V... Do I have so bad luck that I've managed to order a defective driver board? 😥

Name:	IMG_8545.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	2.47 MB
ID:	3277536

Comment

Originally posted by sansanpartida View Post

So that is what I have on the 16-pin connector CN9001A. (I didn't measure the serial pins since I don't think a reading with the multimeter will be relevant. Just tell me if I should measure it or scope it.)
            Pin Name Measure
            1 GND 0V
            2 SEAMLESS 0V
            3 GND 0V
            4 SCL_LED 2,71V
            5 BLU_ON/OFF 3,223V
            6 TEST_SD 1,38V
            7 SDA_LED 2,70V
            8 GND 0V
            9 TEST_LD 0,9V to 1,2V
            10 VSYNC_IN Skipped
            11 SERIAL_STT Skipped
            12 SERIAL_UHR Skipped
            13 SERIAL_DATA Skipped
            14 GND 0V
            15 GND 0V
            16 CONTACT 0V
            MB are fine... driver boards or LED fault

Comment

I think also, I was able to find which pin number 1 on that legend was connected to, to the main board connector. When the connector was plugged in (all normal) that pin read 1.4v for me but when I disconnected the connector from LED driver to main and then tested that same pin (now at main board) the voltage was 3v.

Let me know if that made sense lol.

And I don't know for sure. But as that picture shows when it was working correctly for me that line was 3v.

See if you can find the pin 1 is connected to, to the main board

Comment

I think also, I was able to find which pin number 1 on that legend was connected to, to the main board connector. When the connector was plugged in (all normal) that pin read 1.4v for me but when I disconnected the connector from LED driver to main and then tested that same pin (now at main board) the voltage was 3v.

Let me know if that made sense lol.

And I don't know for sure. But as that picture shows when it was working correctly for me that line was 3v.

See if you can find the pin 1 is connected to, to the main board
                Sorry, I don't think I understand your message..
                - If I unplug the cable coming from the motherboard and going to the driver board with the TV ON: I read 0.7V.
                - Then, as soon as I plug in the cable, I have 1.36V.

Comment

I think also,
                  this set had edge or direct LED BL..? if edge tester will report fine but there fault at protect led zener

Comment

I'll test the backlight again tomorrow. I'm exhausted right now. Can someone write me a quick and comprehensive guide on how to test the LEDs to exclude a faulty LED strip assembly? I quickly tested all the ribbons with 84V and really low current, and the light was really faint. I thought that was OK, but maybe that doesn't mean the strip is fine...

Thanks in advance. I really appreciate your help!

Comment

Originally posted by Diah View Post
                      this set had edge or direct LED BL..? if edge tester will report fine but there fault at protect led zener
                      This is full array backlights

Comment

I'll test the backlight again tomorrow. I'm exhausted right now. Can someone write me a quick and comprehensive guide on how to test the LEDs to exclude a faulty LED strip assembly? I quickly tested all the ribbons with 84V and really low current, and the light was really faint. I thought that was OK, but maybe that doesn't mean the strip is fine...

Thanks in advance. I really appreciate your help!
                        Turn the tester to max volts/amps like I said. When not touching anything it'll read 330 or something and then when you test each led strip it should give like 100 milliamps and 84.6 (or whatever voltage) across the board then. There will be 64 light strips to test.

If you were getting them to light up dimly you were doing it right.

Make sure that switch is NOT on 1ma, set it all to max.

Then like I said, move down each pin on each side as you were doing. BUT if you don't have the 3.3 V to led driver. That's probably the issue.

And as for your 1.4v drops when disconnecting, yes you did that test fine and maybe I was mistaken on my numbers. But I think we are probably in the correct area if that doesn't have 3.3 v with the TV on
                        Last edited by EazyBone; 05-24-2024, 05:31 PM.

Comment

Turn the tester to max volts/amps like I said. When not touching anything it'll read 330 or something and then when you test each led strip it should give like 100 milliamps and 84.6 (or whatever voltage) across the board then. There will be 64 light strips to test.

If you were getting them to light up dimly you were doing it right.

Make sure that switch is NOT on 1ma, set it all to max.

Then like I said, move down each pin on each side as you were doing. BUT if you don't have the 3.3 V to led driver. That's probably the issue.

And as for your 1.4v drops when disconnecting, yes you did that test fine and maybe I was mistaken on my numbers. But I think we are probably in the correct area if that doesn't have 3.3 v with the TV on
                          OK, I was afraid of blowing the LED by putting the tester to 300V max Amp… I'll go to my parents' house in a few minutes and keep you updated.

So, to be sure, I'll do the test correctly:

Tester on max settings; positive leads to the center of the ribbon and negative to the 8 outermost pins and see if they turn on.

Is that right?

Comment

OK, I was afraid of blowing the LED by putting the tester to 300V max Amp… I'll go to my parents' house in a few minutes and keep you updated.

So, to be sure, I'll do the test correctly:

Tester on max settings; positive leads to the center of the ribbon and negative to the 8 outermost pins and see if they turn on.

Is that right?
                            Yea, however you got it to work last time. If you accidentally switch the terminals it just won't work. It shouldn't blow anything no. Yes they find the correct voltage to run through, they also supply like 120mv when then tv turned on will supply like 400mv or much more so it's gonna be fine.

Definitely test again, but it's looking like we still found something at the led driver board, or at least that was my problem before and looking like it could be yours also.

Comment

Yea, however you got it to work last time. If you accidentally switch the terminals it just won't work. It shouldn't blow anything no. Yes they find the correct voltage to run through, they also supply like 120mv when then tv turned on will supply like 400mv or much more so it's gonna be fine.

Definitely test again, but it's looking like we still found something at the led driver board, or at least that was my problem before and looking like it could be yours also.
                              So far, I'm observing the tester voltage dropping from 300V to 90V each time I touch a connected LED on the ribbon. The light is really faint though. Is this expected behavior? I think I've checked the voltage drop along the entire ribbon but haven't double-checked the light on the other side of the TV each time. Should I verify the voltage drop with a light? My little orange assistant isn't much help, and it's hard to check the ribbon on the backside of the TV and confirm if the LED is on 😅

Name:	IMG_4735.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	2.59 MB
ID:	3277954

Comment

If you look through the back of the TV they will light up and can see the light through the holes. But if they all read the same number exactly then I wouldn't try and look at other side (never have). Only if any of them read any number then the exact number would I consider opening the TV up even. This thing is huge to me, so if you had to take the screen off I'd want to be sure.

Yes if all 64 tests at 90v then you are probably good on LEDs.

Comment

Working...
                                X