No announcement yet.

Samsung LED UHD TV - Bad Main Board or Bad T-Con Board? Pictures inside

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

so the BL come on and the T-con have 12V when MB disconnected from PSU....

NO need to do any jumpers... just disconnect the 2 LVDS from T-con side and turn on.. see the screen if it turn on

Comment

Originally posted by E--Man View Post
      Also posting picture of BL ON when PSU disconnected from MB. I notice that the sides of the screen show the BL but not in center of screen. Not sure if this is normal or not based on the technology
      this is just light leaking from the panel rand

Comment

Originally posted by Diah View Post
        so the BL come on and the T-con have 12V when MB disconnected from PSU....

NO need to do any jumpers... just disconnect the 2 LVDS from T-con side and turn on.. see the screen if it turn on
        To confirm, you mean with PSU connected to MB or not? If not, all I have is black screen in all cases. How to get pattern test display with PSU to MB disconnected and T-Con in standalone mode?

What to disconnect from attached picture?

Do you want me to just test to see if BL will come on?
        Attached Files

Comment

PSU disconnect from MB... and 2 LVDS from MB disconnected from T-CON.... so only PSU and T-CON + panel all ribbon should be in place as original

the screen if turn on color pattern
          Last edited by Diah; 05-14-2024, 09:43 AM.

Comment

PSU disconnect from MB... and 2 LVDS from MB disconnected from T-CON.... so only PSU and T-CON + panel all ribbon should be in place as original

the screen if turn on color pattern
            Completely understood and did it as per attached picture. When turn on, BL comes on but just black picture no pattern or image. Any way to trigger test pattern?
            Attached Files

Comment

only signal generator can trick it.. not yours level sorry..
              put every things back... and fed the set with HDMI signal... let see the screen with signal with out menu

Comment

only signal generator can trick it.. not yours level sorry..
                put every things back... and fed the set with HDMI signal... let see the screen with signal with out menu
                This is very unfortunate since I took it all apart to get to the BCB. Is there anything I can do before I put it all back together?

Ideally, I'd like to be able to remove 1 or more connections from the T-Con and STILL have some sort of image displayed. My main issue as it pertains to diagnosis is that as soon as I disconnect ANY connections from the T-Con the BL stays on but there is absolutely no image so it is pointless to disconnect. No way to tell the T-Con to stay on?

Comment

This is very unfortunate since I took it all apart to get to the BCB. Is there anything I can do before I put it all back together?

Ideally, I'd like to be able to remove 1 or more connections from the T-Con and STILL have some sort of image displayed. My main issue as it pertains to diagnosis is that as soon as I disconnect ANY connections from the T-Con the BL stays on but there is absolutely no image so it is pointless to disconnect. No way to tell the T-Con to stay on?
                  no need to put the back..LOL as its now when you did the test... just put back the LVDS and MB socket back then plug in HDMI signal..

from yours Photo at post #11 your screen have white bar and black with out lines.. mean yours panel are fine... now just need to roll out if T-CON or MB, so fed it with signal and show please the result... dont press menu at all.

Comment

no need to put the back..LOL as its now when you did the test... just put back the LVDS and MB socket back then plug in HDMI signal..

from yours Photo at post #11 your screen have white bar and black with out lines.. mean yours panel are fine... now just need to roll out if T-CON or MB, so fed it with signal and show please the result... dont press menu at all.
                    Here you go. The issue seems to mostly be amplified when Brightness setting is lowered for dark/black colors, and whites when the brightness is increased above 80+. Again, the menus seem to be completely not effected.

Would really like to know if it's the MB or T-Con!
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by E--Man; 05-14-2024, 03:22 PM. Reason: 9enffy

Comment

from the photos i would say its 80% T-con fault, as we can see the level of brightness and contrast how it effected , since we have 4 Gamma Chips on the T-CON.
                      don't blame me if my guess were wrong LOL

Comment

just one Note more from my side... the Fan cooler did it make noise? if it operated with 5V or 12V and there are over load it make it will effect the rail of 5 or 12V. just in case need to check it or try to disconnect it to check if the noise on picture remain or not.

Comment

from the photos i would say its 80% T-con fault, as we can see the level of brightness and contrast how it effected , since we have 4 Gamma Chips on the T-CON.
                          don't blame me if my guess were wrong LOL
                          Thanks Diah, in that case can you please explain why the menu is completely not effected whatsoever in any brightness setting? As mentioned some, the black areas of the menu are subject to the "Menu Transparency" setting but others menus such as the one I attached have no transparency and those are perfect even at the lowest setting.

Asking because I don't want to make the wrong decision since it may not be worth buying more than one board for this TV.
                          Attached Files

Comment

the set are Samsung, the firmware based on Linux , Menu are drawing written in format depending on many available such java or xml .. etc no gamma or brightness contrast control them,,, they will appear and take effect from the whole screen setting level. in short word... they are fixed drawing. video signal are another digital data effected with setting..

you have 75 Data set. ( Monitor ) with full function screen and BL. i was in hope to test for you T-CON with panel... but this impossible at yours side as we need signal generator ...this why i did judgment with explanation always... just because i am not sure 100% . so i gave 80..

look after the FAN note

Comment

by the way... its curve screen ?? from photo its look curve... if this true...we need to take out the bezel to inspect if there side COF ( this is possible issue too ) as many TVs effected with it.

Comment

the set are Samsung, the firmware based on Linux , Menu are drawing written in format depending on many available such java or xml .. etc no gamma or brightness contrast control them,,, they will appear and take effect from the whole screen setting level. in short word... they are fixed drawing. video signal are another digital data effected with setting..

you have 75 Data set. ( Monitor ) with full function screen and BL. i was in hope to test for you T-CON with panel... but this impossible at yours side as we need signal generator ...this why i did judgment with explanation always... just because i am not sure 100% . so i gave 80..

look after the FAN note
                                I see. The screen is not curved. Fan seems to be operating normally. Should I measure voltage at the cooling fan?

What about using tape to exclude certain pins on LVDS on either the Main board or T-Con board? Might that work and if so how to determine which pins?

Thanks again.

Comment

I see. The screen is not curved. Fan seems to be operating normally. Should I measure voltage at the cooling fan?

What about using tape to exclude certain pins on LVDS on either the Main board or T-Con board? Might that work and if so how to determine which pins?

Thanks again.
                                  the cooling FAN if didn't make noise.. no need to do any messurments
                                  however.. you need to take out the bezel and see if there are side COF...
                                  why i asked this 2 time... because from yours photos i can see BL leaking from left and right side... this mean the screen move from it place... if there are Side COF there thrn the attached ribbon of the COF lost connection to screen glass... and this is happened on many screen so if there are side cof try press with finger on the glass where they attached to... it could the screen come clear---
                                  if no side COF i will try to find other way

Comment

well well well... from this photo when you have yes..full level the screen are fine to my eyes.. but this is source HDMI with out signal.... it mean my 80% on T-CON wrong... because you have 4 chips on MB SDP 1301 -3 -4-5 for VIDEO process and upscale .. so the rest 20& add on it 79% MB one of this chips play crazy with us... the rest 1% if there no side COF

Comment

Working...
                                    X