Samsung UE55JU6800K No Picture

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Samsung UE55JU6800K No Picture

Samsung UE55JU6800K with no image on screen.

I have had this TV many years without fault, however aprox 6 months ago I fitted a new set of backlights as some of the lens caps had fallen off.

Was working fine, until 3 days ago, when watching TV the screen just went blank (still illuminated)
    I turned the TV off and left it around 12 hours, and when turned it on again it seemed to work perfectly again. After around 45 mins the screen went blank again.
    Left it off overnight and turned it on, and the Smart TV logo came on as normal, then screen went blank.

I have tried disconnecting each ribbon cable from the Tcon in turn, and disconnecting the Left makes no difference, still just blank screen. Disconnecting the right, displays the TV Image correctly on one side, and blank white screen on the other (with very faint verticle lines in the white)

Any help grately appreciated.

from yours testing.. the half white screen are the fault... if it had U ribbon at the middle try disconnect it to see if you can get 3/4 screen ... other wise test caps on this site

Comment

have you got oscilloscope?

Comment

Originally posted by Diah View Post
        from yours testing.. the half white screen are the fault... if it had U ribbon at the middle try disconnect it to see if you can get 3/4 screen ... other wise test caps on this site
        No U ribbon unfortunately

Comment

Originally posted by Davi.p View Post
          have you got oscilloscope?
          I dont im afraid

Comment

I remember reaading a while back, someone advising to pull the tabs off the side of the screen? Can anyone confirm if this could be an option?

Comment

The fact the tv showed defect after certain amount of decreasing time tells me probably you have a mainboard defect and now maybe both bad MB and screen, so this is a complex case, this why i suggested use of o.scope, a bad driving could ruin the screen circuitry maybe, facing such a obsucre defect only with common workarounds can last not long, it would be useful once for all times to discover the source of that very common issue, i haven't read what ends does the tv treated with masking tapes and so on, anyway since you haven't the instrument, you can use the common 3 options widely discussed in the forum, strip boards inspection 4 shorts, masking tape and last resource ripping off of tabs but if them are present..

Comment

Working...
              X