Panasonic TCP50S1 BLINKING TEN TIMES THEN REPEAT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Panasonic TCP50S1 BLINKING TEN TIMES THEN REPEAT

JUST FOUND A PANASONIC TCP50S1 PLASMA IN THE HALLWAY TRASH AREA ITS GIVING THE TEN BLINK CODE THE FIRST THING I CHECKED WAS THE DISCONNECT THE SC CARD POWER AND DATA AND IT GAVE BACK 6 BLINK CODE WHAT DOES THIS MEAN ANY BODY HAVE ADVICE ALSO NO LED'S LIT ANYWHERE ON ANY CARD THE FANS BUMP ON FOR A SECOND THEN STOP BEFORE BLINKING SEQUENCE hheellppp!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: Panasonic TCP50S1 BLINKING TEN TIMES THEN REPEAT

mine got same problem, the sc board was short ,found 7 or 8 igbt short and a small diode .i still wait for 1 part to test it ... check for continuity at conector sc2 if i short the board need repair ..is it a tnpa4782ab ? also check resistance on sd/su board and ss board as well ...if you isolate the sc completely do you get around 200v dc on the power suply the "blue and white" ...when doing this check the led on the ss board. mine glow when sc board is discconect but dont glow when sc is plug that how i determine the ss was good ..

Comment

found the manual here::
      tgohome.com/ServiceManuals

Comment

tipat where do you check continuity for short at the sc board is it at the blue and white wire connector?

Comment

Yes, that's the one, SC2

Comment

I found sc2 connector is not shorted but still no led lit .
            Amended start up symptoms
            1. press start button
            2. red led on front lit 1 second
            3. cooling fans attempt to start simultaneous high pitch sound very faint sound might be from fans, then fans stop sound also
            4.10 blinks begins and repeats
            5. cannot shut off tv with power switch after this have to uplug and then wait 20 minutes minimum to attempt other tests someting staying open after 10 blinks

I think this is the accurate description for what happens

Comment

After isolation of sc board ss led did glow 6 blinks can I isolate ss board should sc board led light ?

Comment

ok you said the ss board light glow or just the power red light???on the ss board near r032 r031 is locate a small diode d253 that one should glow "green" when power up and the power led should blink 6 time(the sc board must be disconect)that indicate your ss board is ok.... also check the sd/su board resistance.you ave to unplug all conector of the board check resistance betwen vf ground and pin 2 at conector su 41 and sd 42 pin 9 reading should be near 2.4 m ohm (vf ground is where the screw link the sc to sd/su), i speak french sorry for error lol
                Last edited by tipat; 01-30-2014, 12:05 PM.

Comment

thanks I will check these and get back to you guys later

Comment

when checking su and sd boards do I have to disconnect the ribbon connects as well and the ground screw (vf) is it the middle one where three screws are 1 half inch from each other like this ('.') thanks guys

Comment

i check mine with ribbon cable disconnect and the vf ground screw is the 4 screw that link sc to sd/su..

Comment

check this...
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by tipat; 02-01-2014, 01:59 PM.

Comment

Thanks everyone for the extremely helpful info after rechecking all boards I found th sc board connector showing resistance on my auto ranging multimeter jumping around at this connector what should a short read like when I touch my test leads together I read .2 or .1 after a short fluctuation when checking connector at SC board it reads something but never settles down to a steady reading any one understand this also if this board is bad can it be fixed by changing components like caps and does this board have fuse circuit on it

Comment

Working...
                          X