Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Philips 58PUS7805 Menu working but no/weird picture from video sources

Hello everyone,

I got a 58pus7805 that shows some weird behavior.
    The menu and remote work fine and the picture is looking crisp and flawless while navigating the menu.
    However, when a video source is displayed the screen either goes solid green (HDMI), solid black (SAT TV) or shows some fragments on mostly green background (AVI Playback from USB).

I tried to reinstall the firmware through the menu which was rejected saying it already had the latest version.
    I managed to install the latest official firmware by holding the control button while plugging it in, but the behavior remained unchanged.

Some other minor things I found not working are:
    - the first step of the initial setup is to pair the remote control. The paring starts but never finishes and eventually a message is displayed that pairing was not possible. The remote works just fine in the menu but I assume that voice control will not work.
    - Network connections do not work at all. During installation there is no option to select WIFI but only cable for connection. But even with a LAN cable connected the setup process never manages to connect to the router.

I will try to connect to the service port using UART and hopefully get some more information.

If anyone has an Idea what else I could try I would really appreciate the input.

Best regards

Ier

since WLAN disappeared from installation menu mean 2 things
    1- module defect and it caused the rail 5V to disrupted ( remove the module ans check the sources)
    2- some one play before with service menu or replaced MB.. screen option are wrong and could be other value too.

Comment

thank you for your input.
      I removed the module but it seems to make no difference.
      If the settings in the service menu have been messed with or the mainboard is actually a replacement that maybe came from a different size tv:
      Is there any way to find working settings or fix this?

I will attach the log I recorded via UART
      Attached Files

Comment

from the log. Kernel Panic with USB and wifi both depending on 5V rail, so check this rail DC to DC on MB.
        also write the panel ID as you have on the cover... the last things log in service menu and inspect the info from serial to panel to size

Comment

I will check the 5v tomorrow.
          For now I already found out that on the rear sticker it says "set option 040".
          A Sticker on the inside that I assume states the panel type says "TPT580F2-PV5D.Q".

According to the service manual that should be panel ID 155

I checked the CSM and it shows the same serial number as on the back stricker and the correct set type wit the correct size.
          Panelcode 155 is also set correctly.
          It shows an Ethernat MAC Address but no Wireless MAC Address there (which makes sense because the mainboard cant communicate with the wifi board)

Click image for larger version

Name:	grafik.png
Views:	69
Size:	84.1 KB
ID:	3232500

Comment

Did a quick check on the wifi board when I realized it has very nice labeled test points.
            GND to VCC reads 5.0V

Comment

New Problem:
              I wanted to make sure that the set option is correct and performed the steps from the service manual shown above:
              062598 + HOME + 040.
              I think I misstyped the 040 when I first did this.

After the restart the screen was split in half, with both sides showing the same picture that should be fullscreen.

Since then I have üerformed the same process many times but it never changes back to normal.

Before I changed anything I made sure to perform every "write to USB" option the service menu has, so I hope I have the original value somewhere in that backup

*EDIT*
              Fixed that one. Option code 1 and 15 had been changed. I had taken a screenshot of the original values.
              For some reason Option 15 was 155 now and 104 before. I changed it back to 104 and the screen works as before

Comment

Now I also checked the factory menu (1999 + BACK).
                It shows PANEL_ID 104 so I am starting to lean towards this not beeing the original MB and that some of the settings are wrong.
                Or maybe the panel was changed at some point for the other version in the SM and the sticker wasnt updated

Comment

Originally posted by Ierwin View Post
                  Did a quick check on the wifi board when I realized it has very nice labeled test points.
                  GND to VCC reads 5.0V
                  at this point when VCC 5V exist, then the MT SOC I2C gate one or more suffer from BGA,, so the Kernel panic exist cause no communication

Comment

"suffer from BGA" you mean the soldering joints on the chip?

Comment

Rather, you need an NVM file. bin for your panel (58PUS7505_NVM...), something like this and update via usb.
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by lotas; 03-11-2024, 01:58 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ierwin View Post
                        "suffer from BGA" you mean the soldering joints on the chip?
                        yes,, take a look at the SOC diagram at yours service manual and you will see it control all ports which at yours set didn't work and make conflict

Comment

Working...
                        X