X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HITACHI 55HK6T64U Picture ghosting and jumping

Hi all,

First post so please bear with

So I found a similar issue on another thread but have been advised to open a new one so here it is.

One day this TV started doing this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=42QlTOSOCjw

This happens on all inputs and menu screens.

Thank you to nomoresonys for previous advice - to check voltage on powerboard connector and possible loose/bad tab bond.

I've opened it up and tried reseating all the ribbon connections but the problem remains. I need some support in testing the DC output on the powerboard as I can't see which is GND and +12v. Would somebody be very kind and point out what pins are which?

I watched the youtube video for the tape cutoff method https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j7vl7-vZEL8 but noticed on mine the picture completely disappeared when removing one of the ribbons from the TCON rather than just one side. I also think this one is different as the ribbons push in rather than lay on so not sure if it will go in with some tape on.

Sorry if I sound like a numpty, I'm not stupid just not something I've done before.

Thanks all

I've got the readings from the power board and the main board power.
    Power board pin readings (top to bottom as per picture):
    12.06v
    Decreasing reading
    3.34v
    3.316v
    0.018v
    25.14v

Main board pin readings (Left to right):
    25.13v
    0.018v
    3.315v
    3.344v
    Decreasing
    12.03v
    12.03v
    0.134v
    0.103v
    0v
    Does this look right?

I also tried taping one of the ribbons that come out of the TCON and the whole picture disappears as per before.

Any advice please guys?

Is this a throw away job?

Comment

Try this simple test, heat all the electrolytic caps with a hairdryer for a couple minutes then try the tv, don't wait til it cools off, try it while it's still hot.

Comment

Working...
      X