Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Panasonic TC-P55GT30 7 blinks - ebay SC repair?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Panasonic TC-P55GT30 7 blinks - ebay SC repair?

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=33078 This thread has the thumbnails click able. I am not sure why my attachment doesn't allow it.

Comment

Good news, SC board came in yesterday, installed it, TV works perfectly now.

No image distortion, no buzzing, and obviously it also actually turns on.

This was the eBay auction I bought: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Panasonic-TC...E:L:OU:US:3160

Here's the seller for when that page disappears: http://myworld.ebay.com/yalucinc2012...p2047675.l2559

Thanks everyone for the help and for contributing to this thread and the other one - saved me a bunch of money and time!

Comment

Looks like I'm good too! Got my board back from Moduslink PTS. I highly recommend them for board repairs (granted this is my only one I ever did with them). However that being said I received my SC board approx a week and half after I mailed it out. Board came back with great packing, and when I e-mailed them 2 days ago asking about the status they responded within 2 hours.

Needless to say I attached the board and did the isolation test with the SC50 jumper and the tv powered on with a black screen (good sign). I re attached the SU and SD boards (previously tested those for shorts so I new it was safe) and I powered on once again the TV stayed on. I attached my laptop via HDMI and ran a movie to quickly test the video and make sure there were no other issues and everything looked great.

Thanks to all for your advice!

Comment

Revive of this thread.

Since I'm new and can't start a thread.

I have the TC-P55GT30, now there was a pwoer outage a few months ago and now the tv will not turn on at all.

I've tried everything. I've tried replacing the board twice, I've tried replacing teh part of the socket, even tried replacing the power button.

Nothing. Same problem as always.

What's going on?>

Comment

Originally posted by taiwwa View Post
            Revive of this thread.

Since I'm new and can't start a thread.

I have the TC-P55GT30, now there was a pwoer outage a few months ago and now the tv will not turn on at all.

I've tried everything. I've tried replacing the board twice, I've tried replacing teh part of the socket, even tried replacing the power button.

Nothing. Same problem as always.

What's going on?>
            Need to give us better info, like what has been replaced twice? The power board?

Is there any power indication like the standby LED?

Any clicks from a relay on plugin?

These later models i believe if the PSU is shorted on startup will not produce a blink code or maybe the A board is dead if you had a power surge.

SC board failure is also very common and can short the PSU.

Describe in full what happens from when it's plugged in to when you turn it on and if there are any blinks of the front LED.

Comment

Originally posted by tw2005 View Post
              Need to give us better info, like what has been replaced twice? The power board?

Is there any power indication like the standby LED?

Any clicks from a relay on plugin?

These later models i believe if the PSU is shorted on startup will not produce a blink code or maybe the A board is dead if you had a power surge.

SC board failure is also very common and can short the PSU.

Describe in full what happens from when it's plugged in to when you turn it on and if there are any blinks of the front LED.
              Replaced the power board. Also tried a different power switch and power filter. And a new power cord.

No clicks. No sign of life at all.

So you're saying it coudl be the "A" or the "SC" board?

Comment

First try different wall socket or check this one where you plugged tv in

Download manual from elektrotanya.com
                If there isn't power indication by power led there are 2 possibilities (acoording to manual):
                P board or A board
                Check fuses on P board: F101, F102, F103, F301, F451, F501
                Than you can measure resistances on P board connectors (when tv is of)

I know you probably did all of this but we have to know everything you did, it would be easier to troubleshout this problem if you give as much as possible info

Comment

Originally posted by taiwwa View Post
                  Replaced the power board. Also tried a different power switch and power filter. And a new power cord.

No clicks. No sign of life at all.

So you're saying it coudl be the "A" or the "SC" board?
                  I'm leaning towards the A-board.

Here's a flow chart for this condition out of the ST30 series training guide but I expect should also work for the GT.

Edit:

Oh, it'd be handy to either have this as a separate post or stick to the one thread. I realise you just joined but now you have the fault finding fragmented for all those interested in following this.
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by tw2005; 12-27-2013, 05:06 PM.

Comment

Working...
                  X