Panasonic TH50PX600U Plasma - no picture/OSD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Panasonic TH50PX600U Plasma - no picture/OSD

Done a lot of work so far but stumped a bit. At first I had 20 LED blinks and no picture, which according to Page 6 of this diagnostic guide:

is a communications error. I bought and replaced the DG and D board. Now no more LED blinks, but still no picture and no OSD. Followed the procedure on Page 32 and Page 38 (I get a white screen when unplugging DG5), and the LEDs on SC and SS are lit, which indicates DG or D board (which I replaced).

Any ideas?

Re: Panasonic TH50PX600U Plasma - no picture/OSD

Are the new boards the same revision as your? Does it power on normal now and the SC,SS leds lit?

Possibly try reseating the LVDS cable at both the D board and the DG board. I think maybe D5-DG25.

I had a SD PV60 which had a black screen but powered normal. Very bad LVDS cable, suspect dirty contacts, had to reseat several times before I made any progress.

Before I did that, I turned the TV on , Tv mode, disconnected antenna lead and plugged the video out from the back of the TV to the av input of another and I got the no signal banner displayed on the monitoring TV.

Proved to me there was hope my TV main board was ok and made me take a shot at the LVDS.

This may not be your issue , just some ideas to try.

If the set is not turning on at all and no SC,SS leds then what I mentioned above won't apply.

Comment

Thanks - I will check cables and revisions. I also want to test an A/V input to see if I have sound but I bet I do.

Yes, after replacing D board, it no longer error blinks, and it does power on OK with a glow. The LEDs on SS and SC are lit. Removing DG5 gives a white screen, that indicates D board, maybe it is bad rev or bad board ;-(

Comment

Full white is GOOD for D board and indicates panel is fine. DG or H likely cause.
        Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
        For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

So being that I already replaced the DG and D board, that would leave the H board as most likely suspect? I tested yesterday and I don't think there is NO sound either (hard to test without picture ;-()), if that helps.

So it looks like:
          - H board
          - cables need to reseated

Make sense?
          Thanks for help.

Comment

Ah ha - well I replaced the DG board and D board.

Turns out I replace the DG with the wrong version number - I used TNPA3903BCS rather than TNPA3903BFS. I suppose this is my problem since the price and availability is very different ;-)

Comment

Working...
            X