Sony KDL-46NX810 – 6 blinks and digital channels disappear

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sony KDL-46NX810 – 6 blinks and digital channels disappear

I bought this TV set refurbished in August 2012, at a Sony Outlet store.
    I have a couple of problems:
    1. Occasionally the backlight goes out occurs, picture does not appear but sound does. Shortly after that, the TV goes into standby mode and then get the 6 blink standby light diagnostic. If I remove power from the set and let it sit for a while (say one day) and then power it back on, then chances are good that it will start properly and I'll have a picture again.
      When I power on the set in self-diagnostic mode (DISPLAY,5, VOL -, Power), the backlight error count goes up by one.
    2. After the set has been turned off and then on again, the settings for TV source (reverts back to “Antenna” from “Cable”) and the channels will have disappeared (so I have to go through the setup again [30+ minutes] to pick up all the digital channels my cable company provides)

The main annoyance is with the first problem as it is intermittent

I haven't changed the main board yet, though I suspect that it's going to be the first thing that I'll do, as I don't think that the backlight is really at fault.

I do have the service manual for this TV and am busily poring over the schematics even though I'm not that familiar with electronics (though I do know what a capacitor is, and what it does…)

Anyone out there have any ideas how I can solve these “glitches”?

Re: Sony KDL-46NX810 – 6 blinks and digital channels disappear

I have repaired a KDL46NX720 recently(I have it in my livingroom=~$200 with new pair of glasses ). It had most likely a different issue then yours.
    Mine turned on normally and after showing the image and sound it would turn off and blink a 4 error code.
    My problem it was the LED driver board, right in the center of the TV.
    On my board, I had some check points at each IC. I have measured at each that voltage and and at one of them I had a different voltage then at the rest of them.
    After opening the panel, I have noticed that the last 16 LEDs at the bottom and at the top would turn on initially and then they would turn off. By replacing that board, fixed my TV.
    You could check those test point if you have them, to see if you are getting different numbers. I think, if they are all the same, then you may have a different issue and not LED and LED driver issue.

Comment

Thanks for the info...I'll have a look at the schematics..presumably test points will be marked.

Comment

This is the board that I had in mine. I have circled those test points:
        Attached Files

Comment

Well, at last I got around to sorting this issue and bought the replacement backlight inverter board for about $20 (American) and replaced the board in the TV.

Lo! and behold! it worked. So far (and I'm keeping my fingers crossed) the TV has beenhttps://www.badcaps.net/forum/images/smilies/dancingsmilies.gif working well with no blink codes and no disappearing screen.

Comment

Working...
          X