Vizio M3D421SR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vizio M3D421SR

Hi, I am trying to help my friend fix his Vizio M3D421SR that went out after one of the areas many power outages.

:Issue:

When TV is plugged into power the Vizio insignia turns on and stays on white color. It does not respond to any button presses, remote ect...

:Troubleshooting:

I pulled the TV apart and didn't see any blown caps and the fuse tested fine. He had a spare new power board left by the last Vizio tech that repaired it when it was still covered by warranty. So I swapped the boards and it still has the same issue.

I do have a little experience in electronics but its limited to, if its burnt replace it. I don't have a ohm meter at the moment but will be picking one up, is there any other tools I need to pickup?

I am new to the TV repair game so any help on where to go next would be greatly appreciated!

:Note:
    I will be out of the area for about a week but will jump head first into troubleshooting when I get home!
    :Note:
    Attached Files
    Last edited by snipethewolf; 10-30-2013, 08:04 PM.

Re: Vizio M3D421SR

I'm now home and have all the time in the world to get this repair going. Is there anyone that can point out what will need to be checked and where on the power and main boards?

I see a few repair services on eBay but would love to learn some new stuff!

Thanks,
    Tim

Comment

Working...
    X