Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Panasonic TCP50C2 10 Blinks

Hello,

I have a Panasonic TC-P50C2 and it is blinking 10 times upon power-up. So, I found a Panasonic "Technical Guide" (for 2010 13th gen plasmas) which includes a troubleshooting flow chart for blinking LEDs. Results are as follows:

1. Disconnect SS and SC boards - # of blinks changes to 7
    2. Reconnect SS board - # of blinks changes back to 10

The guide says "Replace the SS board" which I would like to interpret as "Fix the existing SS board" but I don't know what's wrong with it.

The silk screen indicates this board is a TNPA5072. All replacement boards I can find have an alpha suffix and that adds a lot of uncertainty to the matter when I consider the alternative of replacing the board.

I would greatly appreciate any advice on troubleshooting this board or identifying an acceptable replacement. Thanks in advance!

Steven

Re: Panasonic TCP50C2 10 Blinks

I have a similar SS on a 42", common failure, the SMD IGBTs short, looks like RJP30E4? Q001,Q002,Q021,Q022. You could test gnd to Vsus on SS connector SS11 and I'm expecting it's shorted.

I have not found an exact datasheet but the E3 is 40Amp, looking at the way they've run the numbers RJP30E4 I suspect is 360V 45amp Silicon N Channel IGBT made by RENESAS. package is D-pak

I fixed mine with different transistors not quite the same although mine TV has display issues still so unsure if what i did is part of the problem.

Given the relative low cost of a used/refurbished/pulled fron new Tv damaged in transit board it's probably best to get the board.

Yours is TNPA5072 no suffix or TXNSS1LNUU but any 50" TNPA5072 SS board including the Sanyo models should work. I believe there was a change in production on the type of connector for the panel ribbons but they still fit and connectes correctly.

REV AE looks the same just it has a lever action connector where the Panasonic you pull the collar out , insert and push the collar in and it clamps. The other one I found has different capacitors that would be because the panel model must have changed as the boards are tuned to the panels.

Panasonic original

Rev AE fitted to SANYO with panasonic panel

RJP30E4 example
    Up to you to decide which to get.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by tw2005; 10-31-2013, 04:18 AM.

Comment

Thanks tw2005! I found a 5 pack of the IGBTs on eBay for $10 so I'll try that first. I attempted to spec the transistor but there are minute differences between the E2 and E3 which leaves me with a lot of uncertainty about the E4 so I'd rather not push my luck. If these don't work, I'll pick up a new board.

That said...I got the pins off the board without issue but I'm struggling with the body of the units...any tips for removal?

Thanks again!!

Comment

Originally posted by svc View Post
        Thanks tw2005! I found a 5 pack of the IGBTs on eBay for $10 so I'll try that first. I attempted to spec the transistor but there are minute differences between the E2 and E3 which leaves me with a lot of uncertainty about the E4 so I'd rather not push my luck. If these don't work, I'll pick up a new board.

That said...I got the pins off the board without issue but I'm struggling with the body of the units...any tips for removal?

Thanks again!!
        Flux, tin the tab up with solder so you get good heat transfer and heat the transistor tab until it start bubbling and slides. I think I used a broad tip on a cheapo 40W iron

Comment

That worked almost too well to be true. Thanks 10^6

Comment

That worked almost too well to be true. Thanks 10^6
            No worries, please decode 10^6 for me ?

Did you check out the rest of the board for shorted components like the FET driver or those tiny 5pin npn/pnp transistors. I had no issues apart from those FETs.

EDIT: Ok Thanks a million, HA HA. 10^0 is fine.
            Last edited by tw2005; 11-02-2013, 11:09 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by tw2005 View Post
              No worries, please decode 10^6 for me ?

Did you check out the rest of the board for shorted components like the FET driver or those tiny 5pin npn/pnp transistors. I had no issues apart from those FETs.

EDIT: Ok Thanks a million, HA HA. 10^0 is fine.
              Sorry, forgot to subscribe to this thread. Yes, that was thanks a million!

The FET driver is fine. In testing the transistor packages, they're either bad or I have the pinout wrong:

(Where both emitters and both bases are connected)

PNP:
              B - 1/4
              C - 2
              E - 3

NPN:
              B - 1/4
              C - 5
              E - 3

Do I have these right? If so...how do I go about testing them? I would think a simple open circuit across each C - E would do it...but they're tied together in a different way than I'm used to. If I was taught this, I slept through it...

Comment

Sorry, forgot to subscribe to this thread. Yes, that was thanks a million!

The FET driver is fine. In testing the transistor packages, they're either bad or I have the pinout wrong:

(Where both emitters and both bases are connected)

PNP:
                B - 1/4
                C - 2
                E - 3

NPN:
                B - 1/4
                C - 5
                E - 3

Do I have these right? If so...how do I go about testing them? I would think a simple open circuit across each C - E would do it...but they're tied together in a different way than I'm used to. If I was taught this, I slept through it...
                Pin outs, tested in cct on a SC board, should be similar
                Attached Files

Comment

Yeah, had the pin out wrong...hahaha....

All 3 of those units are bad. Again I get about 300kohms when I should have 3Mohms. I'll order them later today...found in stock at Mouser. 3.50 for 6 of them but 20 in shipping...blahhhh

Comment

Working...
                  X