X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Z50PJ240 Powers on then back off clicks but no picture

Originally posted by soog35 View Post
    TW and TOM
    I got the new PSU but haven't installed yet. The D304 diode seems to be open, so this could be defective. I have a pic of the diode and a video link of me testing it. Do you guys think this would give me trouble if I install this as is. I don't want to mess up anything else. I still have a good diode I could replace it, or maybe I need to send it back. Does it look bad to you guys?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q-U5mcdy2kA
    Is the board on the left the replacement? Vidoe left your right as you stood.

Comment

Yes, the board on the left is the new one.

Comment

I'm trying to understand your meter but I assume in continuity mode but displaying ohms? 0.7 ohms and constant continuity beep is what you will get there. I get 0.6 ohms and dead short in continuity test but we've discussed this as the diode is sitting across a 0.26ohm resistor.

Your other board is wrong , maybe resistor is open?

Comment

D304 tests open both of my PSU's with the 3 5w 10ohm resistor setup and both boards are good.

Comment

So the new board is correct because of the resistor that is parallel and the old one on the right is bad then?

Comment

Originally posted by Brentsky View Post
              D304 tests open both of my PSU's with the 3 5w 10ohm resistor setup and both boards are good.
              what do you define open by on the meter? Can't be open across a 0.26 ohm resistor. open would be OL, short or low ohms I get 000 on continuity, 0.7 ohms in resistance on an old fluke.

what does your meter display and in what setting?

My board is good too.

Comment

So the new board is correct because of the resistor that is parallel and the old one on the right is bad then?
                what you have at that point on the new board is correct and the same as mine.

What you have on your old board is wrong.

Comment

ok thanks, good to know. I was going by a diode video test that if it was beeping it was opened and probably bad, but it was an out of circuit test by itself.

So if it were out of circuit would it test differently?

Comment

yes, out of cct current flows i one direction , not the other. So effectively open cct one way, and could be 0.4-0.5. in diode mode.

You seem very concerned about this diode.

Comment

Sorry...lol just trying learn and understand things better.

Comment

That's ok. So am I, I think I'm as nervous as you about what happens next. hope it's a happy ending.

Comment

Going on 2:00am now, I will have to wait till morning to hook it up. I will let you know what happens.
                          Last edited by soog35; 11-03-2013, 12:53 AM.

Comment

No doubt, good idea to give it a break, most silly mistakes happen due to fatigue.

Comment

I put the PSU board in and so far working great. Been on for 6 hours so far.
                              A big thanks to everyone who helped me, especially Tom and TW. You guys are awesome.

Comment

I put the PSU board in and so far working great. Been on for 6 hours so far.
                                A big thanks to everyone who helped me, especially Tom and TW. You guys are awesome.
                                Good one, full marks to Tom though, he sussed this one out I think. I just wanted to cover the sustains just in case a dead short possibly did any damage.

Comment

Originally posted by Brentsky View Post
                                  Hey TW thx for the info. I must have jumped the wrong link or something cause it was showing $122 and 0 in stock on the ysus but that wasn't the green choice. I pulled all the buffer boards out and not a single spot that even looks close to like anything would have happened to them . I guess for now I'm gonna wait on the replacement Ysus board and am also gonna order a ysus/zsus and buffer board set from your link. It's worth the $100 to get this going again. I had previously checked the zsus board and saw no signs of any damage to that either however we all know not all problems are easily visible. I will certainly post back once I find the culprit.
                                  For info, https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=32580

Ysus only did not fix this one, sounds like the new ysus may havew popped.

Comment

OK so I got the new Ysus board and Zsus boards in today and replaced them. it was immediately better than the previous Ysus replacement and had a normal looking picture until it got to the center of the screen and there was some distortion. then it went away on it's own after a minute. then I come back to the TV about 10 minutes later and there is a big black bar down the center of the TV. if I turn the TV off when I turn it on it flashes multi colors on that bar until the picture comes up and then it's just the black bar. any ideas as to what would cause this ? Bad Zsus replacement board ?

Comment

Also I placed the old Zsus board back in and turned it on and it was all greay again and distorted so I'm certain the old Zsus was failed as well. after placing the new zsus back in the black bar has colored lines poping all over it but I can see the cable menu bar under those colors ? Hope that info helps in pointing me in the right direction . I'm so close here ... Just want my TV working. Thanks

Comment

Reseat the connector on that part of the bottom of the panel, horizontal axis of panel. Bad Z-sustain cannot cause this. Do not reseat while power plugged in.
                                        Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
                                        For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Thanks Tom66, Do you mean from the buffers on the bottom to the panel ?

Comment

Working...
                                          X