Samsung PN50A510 P3FXZA Plasma Cycling On/Off

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Samsung PN50A510 P3FXZA Plasma Cycling On/Off

Question on reflow....do u just put entire main board in over at 375 for 20 min?

What about the pastic components on the board?

Comment

Disregard reflow question i figured it out but it didnt fix issue...will try replacing c102

Comment

20 minutes? No.
        That's called "cooking" the board, not reflowing it!

You also need flux on the component you want to reflow.
        5 minutes, 220C maximum temperature, and ramp oven up slowly, then allow board to cool down in oven slowly.
        Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
        For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

i did 9min at 385f .....it didnt fix.....

Comment

i left in oven to cool down 45min

Comment

thanks for ur good advice tom....forgot aboyt flux.....should i try again with flux ?

im thinking maybe its the infamous bad cap issue c102 like kevin and many many others had

Comment

Hi..i know this thread started a few years ago...but i have samecsymptoms of tv cycling on and off indefinitely....all voltages coming from ps good....i isolated to main issue per experts in here telling me to jumper pins 3-4 on logic and disconnect lvds from logic to main

I did this and tv still cycles on and off but during the on cycle i now get a crisp bright test pattern display on the screen....due tonthis im being told its probably a main board issue as my research was directing me towards

However....i have done all the fixes per this thread and tv still cycles on and off....

I refllowed main board 385f for 9 min in oven
                I replaced c102

Afny input would be appreciated......if main board was affordable like under $50 i would replace it but as we all know this main hard to find and over $100.....this tv isnt worth repairing at that cost.

Comment

There is an ic101 in the repair kit for this main board......but i haventvseen anyone needing to replace it in here to fix their issue...

Comment

Fyi

C131 is located on top side board not bottom as c102 is

They are both 47uf 10v caps

Ic1203 is on top side board
                    Ic101 is on bottom side board next to c102

Comment

if the repair kit is cheap enough i would change both the ic s and both capacitors that way you have ruled them out all because no one else has seemed too of changed the ics does not mean they have not failed on your set you may just be the unlucky one

Comment

thanks vince

ill replace c131 (1.00 arrow.com) and ic101 $1.00 ebay)

Comment

fyi ic1203 i belive is for audio issue only....which i dont have

Comment

and im using low esr elrctro alum cap i just mount the through hole style legs to thr surf mount pads

for testing purposes should work fine...

Comment

Hi vinceroni....i replaced both caps c102 and c131...tv still cycles on and off

Im waiting for ic101 shipment

Comment

Aaron said he has never had to replace the ic...he said c102 and c131 should fix

in my case thats not true

Comment

Hi,

Can I use a 47uF Electrolytic Capacitor I have in hand with the same or higher voltage?

Comment

Originally posted by E--Man View Post
                                    Hi,

Can I use a 47uF Electrolytic Capacitor I have in hand with the same or higher voltage?
                                    as long as you get the polarity rite when you fit the capacitor you should be fine

Comment

Originally posted by vinceroger69 View Post
                                      as long as you get the polarity rite when you fit the capacitor you should be fine
                                      Many thanks for the quick reply!

Comment

BTW, the white bar on that Tantalum cap = Positive.
                                        Never stop learning
                                        Basic LCD TV and Monitor troubleshooting guides.
                                        http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...956#post305956

Voltage Regulator (LDO) testing:
                                        http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...999#post300999

Inverter testing using old CFL:
                                        http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...er+testing+cfl

Tear down pictures : Hit the ">" Show Albums and stories" on the left side
                                        http://s807.photobucket.com/user/budm/library/

TV Factory reset codes listing:
                                        http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=24809

Comment

Originally posted by budm View Post
                                          BTW, the white bar on that Tantalum cap = Positive.
                                          Thanks budm i was trying to find that information too add to my reply

Comment

Working...
                                          X