LG 42PJ350-UB Sound, No Pic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LG 42PJ350-UB Sound, No Pic

Red LED on at standby, off when powered up.

Vs = 205V
    Va = 65
    Vsc = 145V
    Vzb = 110

I haven't found where to test -195V. Good fuse on Y-Sus. Good voltages at Z-Sus. Power comes on and off with power button. Panel does not appear to prime. No buzz, no obvious cracks in panel.

I disconnected the LVDS cable and used a 219ohm resistor to short EXT and AUTO GEN on the control board. Still no picture.

I'm thinking Y-Sus. Have any of you had any luck fixing the Y-sus on these?
    Attached Files

Re: LG 42PJ350-UB Sound, No Pic

The -Vy (-195V) test point appears to be located below the row of large caps on the Y-Sus. The "-Vy" label might be covered in silicone.
    Attached Files
    LG Plasma Mal-Discharge Correction Service

Comment

For EXT AUTO GEN, a wire jumper works best.
      Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
      For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Bad control board.
        Attached Files

Comment

Another one saved - nice!

Comment

Hi
            I have the same model TV with sound only no picture, can you help determine if its the control board or Y SUS board please
            Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by nick1969 View Post
              Hi
              I have the same model TV with sound only no picture, can you help determine if its the control board or Y SUS board please
              Thanks
              So, you can just repeat the tests performed earlier:

(1) Check the VS and VA voltages leaving the power supply.
              (2) Check VSC and -Vy voltages on the Y-Sus then check Vzb on the Z-Sustain.
              (3) If voltages are normal, place a jumper on the EXT_AUTO_GEN points on the logic board to see if test patterns show onscreen.

Edit: Let us know if you need more "how to" info.
              Last edited by capkid; 08-25-2013, 01:03 AM.

Comment

Thanks, i will open it up soon and check those voltages first, can you mark on the control board what 2 i need to jump please
                Attached Files

Comment

Two holes adjacent of the "XD" LG chip: marked EXT AUTO GEN. Just put a wire between them, and disconnect the silver-and-black connector at the top of the board.
                  Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
                  For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Vs = 204.6V
                    Va = 60.6V
                    Vsc = 23.5V
                    Vy = 22.9V

im guessing its Y sus board since VSC and Vy voltages are too low

Comment

Try with the buffer boards disconnected; the buffer boards connect to the Y-sus.

Comment

Hi
                        with the buffer ribbon cable unplugged VSC is 2.5v and Vy 1.9v

Comment

You need to unscrew the buffer boards completely, just have them connected to the orange ribbons and nothing else.

Comment

Hi,

I have the same problem on my lg, i check the voltages and i have this:

vs - 213v
                            va - 63v
                            vsc - 150v
                            vzb - 120v

now, i put a wire on EXT AUTO GEN and 3 images appears but just for 1 seconds

1 - http://imageshack.com/a/img838/6903/f319.jpg
                            2 - http://imageshack.com/a/img839/7836/b6dc.jpg
                            3 - http://imageshack.com/a/img854/7278/g7kw.jpg

someone knows how fix it?? thanks..

Comment

Do -Vy and Vsc disappear when that image goes away? What about Vs and Va?

Comment

hi,
                                thanks to wast your time with me...

i think vsc dissapear when image goes way..my mulltimeter just go to 500v..so when image goes away give me 1 on multimeter, when image comes, multimeter give me +-200v depends the image...

vs and va no change...

Comment

so Tom66, you don t know what it is???

Comment

Hi guys, I too have a problem with this 42PJ350 set.

Much as above.
                                    Va = 60.4
                                    Vs = 204.4
                                    Vsc = 146.1
                                    -Vy = -196.2
                                    Vzb = 110 however after a few seconds this begins to drop, if checked after 5 minutes, this has all but disappeared.

I have no buzz from YSUS and no glow on the screen in dark room.

I have no flashes at all on the CTRL board although the voltages to it appear to be fine also the onboard regulators are working and giving out 3.3v & 1.2v as would be expected.

I have linked Stby with RL_ON and M_ON at the mainboard with 220R resistors in order to make the screen glow but to no avail. I still get no buzz or glow.

I scoped J43 on the ZSUS board labelled "ZSUS_Waveform" for all I don't know what to expect here I get a pretty constant 17.75volts and no waveform.

From the above, I am almost sure PSU, Mainboard (Computer) and YSUS/buffers are all ok.

Can anybody add anything I can test here to confirm my suspicions of CTRL board faulty or ZSUS board. I can't be sure which it is.

Thanks in advance for any replies.

P.S. It is getting on here in the UK so I may not reply for a few hours.

Comment

Bump...

Can anyone think of where to go next with the problem on this set?

I'm scratching my head now.

Comment

Would it help if I say please

Comment

Working...
                                        X