The wierdest video problem ever! panasonic tc-p50g10

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The wierdest video problem ever! panasonic tc-p50g10

this is freaky weird i replaced my sc board because it was fried. look at this thread.

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showth...ight=tc-p50g10

it was working amazing turned on and off played with it for hours then left it for a month as it was an extra tv i didnt need at the moment.

month later i decided to clean it up with Windex.... was careful not to spay inside and always use Windex because if some did get inside it would evaporate....

then this happened when i turned it on a few hours later.
    it has vertical lines of all colors red blue green and white they are in different spots on different channels and inputs and different sizes and flicker randomly

it is only on the picture imputed not in menus notice in the menu you can see them but that is only because the menu is transparent. they are not on top of the menu

so screen is fine and ribbons should not be the problem....
    i did not turn it on before cleaning so i don't know what the hell is going on no caps are bulging....

please help.
    gold star the the wizz that has a clue....
    pic to fallow tonight when i can upload it.

Re: The wierdest video problem ever! panasonic tc-p50g10

pic
    Attached Files
    Last edited by krishuck; 07-15-2013, 01:37 PM.

Comment

help!!!!!
      pleaseeeeeessss!!!

Comment

Since it doesn't affect the OSD Menu I would say bad main board but I don't know much about plasmas, so I'm guessing main board or Control board.

Comment

could this be a bad cap issue on the power supply causing noise.... interference

Comment

Very unlikely, Panasonic basically never get bad caps.
            (You do not need to PM me, please avoid doing so in future. I will make my way through threads at my own leisurely pace.)
            Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
            For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Also, I wouldn't use Windex to clean the screen (LCD or plasma) - not good for the screen. I normally use a slightly damp microfiber cloth. Did you check your connectors at the logic control board to make sure they're seated properly?
              Last edited by capkid; 07-16-2013, 12:55 AM.
              LG Plasma Mal-Discharge Correction Service

Comment

ok cool but any ideas what board is bad or where to start. thanks in advance.

Comment

any way to test board... also someone said it coould be control board possibly logic board. not shur what board they are talking about....

Comment

"A" board.
                    Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
                    For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

are these serviceable or just replace it?

Comment

Usually just replace 'em.

Comment

Originally posted by tom66 View Post
                          Usually just replace 'em.
                          Is it possible that the ribbon cable from the "A" board to the SC board needs to be re-seated?
                          LG Plasma Mal-Discharge Correction Service

Comment

tried reseeting cables already....;(

Comment

Originally posted by capkid View Post
                              Is it possible that the ribbon cable from the "A" board to the SC board needs to be re-seated?
                              Very unlikely -- if anything would be cables to C board but as it doesn't affect the OSD then we're looking at a main board ("A" board) issue.

Comment

Like Tom says, if i was checking any cables it would be A-C boards. The TV I'm working on produced evenly spaced line like that however it was more localised. It had issues with corroded connections on the ribbons, I live in a very humid climate so may have caused this.

Being the entire panel and not the menus the a-board would have to be one of the suspects as well.

Comment

Working...
                                X