Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Soniq L32V12A 32" LCD won't turn on

Hi All,

Got this 32" HD LCD tv from ebay a few months ago real cheap, and finally got around to taking a look.

Photos attached showing layout.

Power supply is a Megmeet MIP320FL. No caps appear bulged, but a couple of them test a little high for ESR (tested in-circuit). Caps are a mix of Samxon, CapXon and Aishi.

Video board is labelled ST306TP-T7 - caps are KLA anda gain, none appear bulged.

Symptoms are when the power is turned on at the mains, the red standby light on the front of the TV flashes 4 or 5 times, but no response when the power button is pressed on the side of the TV. Remote doesn't work either.

big connector on the bottom RH side of the power supply has several voltage labels (STB, +5VSB, +5V, +12V) The only one that measures any voltage is the one labelled +5VSB.

Any suggestions on what else I can check before I end up recapped the PSU as a start point?

Photos (best I can do indoors right now) are attached.

Thanks,

Paul.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by psmedley; 07-01-2013, 03:31 AM.

Re: Soniq L32V12A 32" LCD won't turn on

Check BLON (ON/OFF) signal and DIM on bottom right connector:
    https://www.badcaps.net/forum/attach...1&d=1372670781

Any audio if you connect a source and fiddle with source button?
    Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
    For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Will check that input tomorrow, however note that the standby light does not change colour when the power button is pressed, so I'm not expecting audio.....

Comment

Would probably be main board fault then, unless power board output voltages are low or otherwise incorrect.
        Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
        For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Originally posted by tom66 View Post
          Would probably be main board fault then, unless power board output voltages are low or otherwise incorrect.
          Checked out the caps on the main board - there are several with marginally high ESR, and several with very high ESR. I'll recap it over the next few days and see how I go.

Thanks for the help thus far

Comment

Hi Psmedley,

How did you go with the Soniq television?

I have the same tv which most times takes a very long time to turn on, when it is faulty, you hear a quick start up tune / jingle but the picture or television sound does not work.

Cheers

Len

Comment

Hi Len,

I actually got distracted on some other projects and haven't got back to the tv yet. Based on your symptoms I'd be suspecting bad caps on the power supply...

Comment

Thanks Psmedley,

The job got put on the back burner too, but I replaced nine caps on the power supply yesterday and hey presto, $8, problem fixed.

Cheers
                Attached Files

Comment

Hi Psmedley
                  did you ever get your tv sorted
                  i have the same one with the same problem a friend looked at it and changed some caps and it worked fine for a while then went back to not turning on just showing the stand by red light

Comment

Working...
                  X