Westinghouse LD-4655VX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Westinghouse LD-4655VX

Sorry to hear you had troubles pallain. Received my ffc recently for my set, and I'm going to install it tomorrow. Your experience will make me extra cautious.
    If it means anything, thanks for sharing.......it can only help us learn what to do, and what not to do.
    Regards

Comment

Good luck guys. I remember a snap as i was screwing final trim screws in from behind then some cracking. Turned it over and turned it on. I am still very upset after being so happy I fixed it. I'm gonna look for another one possibly before I sell off the parts.

Comment

update, got one for $36 local, fixed in 10 minutes with my parts. Board had burnt chip and used my xtra ribbon cable.

Comment

looking for the left led strip or right will 3m tape it, anyone have one mine was badly burnt at the connector email jettboat@hotmail.com

Comment

found a set on e-bay that got it working & sold

Comment

So, the same neighbor just sent me an email. He got the exact same TV again with the exact same problem. Now to find this part again :/

Comment

Original seller seems to be kaput, is this compatible? I hope it is because I just ordered it: http://www.ebay.com/itm/0-5mm-pitch-...item1c384ed8a5

While I think it's comical somebody would buy the exact same clearly faulty designed TV again he once again got the 4 year warranty so they cut him a check for the full retail price he paid for the TV, and left it with him. He's giving me $100+parts to fix it, of course if it doesn't work he doesn't care and I can just scrap it.

We'll see!
                Last edited by shovenose; 11-01-2014, 11:19 PM.

Comment

I see this part you ordered is a 12 pin .5 wide If I remember correctly this model was 4 or 6 pin.25 wide. It might work if you cut to fit in the receptacles but needs both exact sides done on same pins without messing the others up. GL

Comment

Originally posted by jettboat View Post
                    I see this part you ordered is a 12 pin .5 wide If I remember correctly this model was 4 or 6 pin.25 wide. It might work if you cut to fit in the receptacles but needs both exact sides done on same pins without messing the others up. GL
                    Um, I"m fairly certain this is the correct width. If not I will feel rather stupid

Comment

Well, the part was correct. Arrived promptly, very well packaged. It was a little bit too short in that there was minimal slack unlike the longer ones I used last time, but it would have worked. Unfortunately the little connector to the LED strip broke off as soon as pushed in the connector. F*CK!!!

Since I'm assuming he won't want his dead TV back, if somebody wants the mainboard, power supply, remote*, or panel (if you're local) hmu via PM.

*both remotes turn on both TVs so I think they are all the same.
                      Last edited by shovenose; 11-07-2014, 10:16 AM.

Comment

I had same issue found the led boards with cables cheap

Comment

Well, once I get confirmation from neighbor he doesn't want the unit anybody can come have it for cheap :P as is.

Comment

One time, it happened to me too, but I have managed to remove that connector and I have managed to solder the ribbon to the PCB pads. It's not easy at all, but what can you loose at this point?

Comment

Originally posted by tibimakai View Post
                              One time, it happened to me too, but I have managed to remove that connector and I have managed to solder the ribbon to the PCB pads. It's not easy at all, but what can you loose at this point?
                              I guess if I wanted to take the time to deal with I could but fact of the matter is I don't.

Comment

Working...
                              X