X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Westinghouse LD-4655VX

Originally posted by shovenose View Post
    Thank you for the info! I think my laptop charger had sufficient protection
    By FCC (or FFC?) You mean the flat ribbon cable thing right?
    Dam spell checker. ffc is correct.

Comment

Hey shovenose
      Do me a favor, when you get those cables, let me know if they work out. width, length, pitch...ect.
      Thanks.
      Regards.
      Last edited by raptor49; 05-21-2013, 05:23 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by raptor49 View Post
        Hey shovenose
        Do me a favor, when you get those cables, let me know if they work out. width, length, pitch...ect.
        Thanks.
        Regards.
        will do, are you looking for the same ones?

Comment

Yes. 2 weeks ago today, I was walking my dog and found a Westinghouse ld-4680 tv gently leaning on a empty Vizio box, (apparently to replace the Westinghouse set).
          Not many hours on this tv. No dust inside... like new.
          Did the troubleshooting thing the wrong way and cooked the left ffc to led assembly.
          If that cable works for you, I'll be ordering one next payday.
          Regards

Comment

I was given one of these also, same exact problem. I am going to try these cables. thanks guys. One question though, will it pull through the little openings? Is it taped in anywhere? I was going to use the current one to pull the new one through taped to it or something. Or string.

Comment

Originally posted by pallain View Post
              I was given one of these also, same exact problem. I am going to try these cables. thanks guys. One question though, will it pull through the little openings? Is it taped in anywhere? I was going to use the current one to pull the new one through taped to it or something. Or string.
              I was unable to pull the old out so I'm just gonna route the cable around the edge of the panel assembly. I have yet to get my FFC cable because it's coming from Thailand.

Comment

OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG THANK YOU EVERYBODY IT WORKS!!!!!!!!!!!

Initially the new cable was not working I had a hunch and flipped one end around and now it worked!
                Attached Files

Comment

Additionally, I have 3 extra cables. I want to keep 1 but that means I have 2 for sale. I'll do $13+ free shipping to anywhere in the US. Just PM me if you want one.

Just three things:
                  1. This FFC is extra long. you will end up with some slack. I just shoved that up by the mainboard where there was space.
                  2. If you plug the end of the mianboard end of the FFC in normally (with the pins down and the blue thing facing toward you)... the LED end will need to be upside down... meaning the blue side is inward and the pins are outward... this works fine because that end of the FFC has the pins on the upper part too, you just need to make sure you close the black thing.
                  3. I didn't try to put the new FFC through the panel like Westinghouse did. That's why I ordered the longest cable possible... I simply routed it around the entire panel assembly.
                  Last edited by shovenose; 06-01-2013, 10:09 AM.

Comment

Nice one! Hmm... I wonder what the UK model of this is.
                    Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
                    For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Originally posted by tom66 View Post
                      Nice one! Hmm... I wonder what the UK model of this is.
                      Thank you again to everybody in this thread... $15 to fix a nice TV... wow!

My phone's camera seems to make everything purple but it does not look purple in real life... and idk what that white region on the bottom bezel in the photo is perhaps a reflection but it's not there in real life either...

mom and I watched a movie on it yesterday... she kept complaining it was "too big" lol... her tv is 22", before that she had a 17", before that a 12"... lol
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by shovenose; 06-01-2013, 10:05 AM.

Comment

LED TVs look nice, but wait till you fix a nice 42"~50" 1080p plasma. I've got two in my bedroom (for lack of a better option) and they look really really nice.
                        Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
                        For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Good Job!!

Comment

I had to take the LED bank out. I went to install my new ffc that just arrived today and looking with a magnifying glass it looks fine but just wont stay. The white side of the clip looks raised off the bank and needs resoldering. I tried for 20+ times to get the black clip to hold the ffc and I guess it couldn't handle my repeat attempts. Looking at it now it will be real nerve racking to try an accomplish this. Luckily Im capable of working under a scope at work.
                            Last edited by pallain; 06-08-2013, 10:06 PM.

Comment

I might need a right LED bank if anyone one knows where to get.

Comment

I'm not sure I know what you mean by won't stay. Can you take a pic?

Comment

had it all working and I cracked the screen screwing it all together. I was tightening the top half and heard a snap.

Comment

Uggh I've done that, the panel probably wasn't seated correctly..

Comment

I had just cracked a couple of days ago, a 27" Samsung monitor.

Comment

wife is yelling at me now to top it off. Yay my life.

Comment

Sell the main board at least...

Comment

Working...
                                          X