Thank you to the guys at HEGE supporting Badcaps [ HEGE ] [ HEGE DEX Chart ]

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

55 inch Plasma Viera (VIERA TC-P55GT30) not turning on. 7 blinking red lights.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 55 inch Plasma Viera (VIERA TC-P55GT30) not turning on. 7 blinking red lights.

Note CCE quotes a core price of $250,

http://cceparts.com/productdetail.asp?a={638211F4-7B80-4981-BE4D-CA5667ED25F9}&PartNumberKey=PPTXNSC1NVUU

http://cceparts.com/productdetail.asp?a={638211F4-7B80-4981-BE4D-CA5667ED25F9}&ID=72712&PartNumberKey=PPTXNSC1NVUUB

SEARS Tech install only

http://parts.sears.com/partsdirect/p...art=&pop=flush

TXNSC1NVUUB is now a substitution, I wonder if that's a refurb or maybe an updated?

Either way none of this helps, I dare say we'll be seeing more of these posts as these Tvs are getting to a common numbers of hours use.

Did you see the Tech go into the service menu and get the number or hours the TV had run?

Comment

Re: 55 inch Plasma Viera (VIERA TC-P55GT30) not turning on. 7 blinking red lights.

Another poor bloke and his self repair video.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=d2gJt8pLFWk

Comment

Found the answer, The "B" suffix looks like it's a refurb

http://www.partstore.com/Part/Matsus...furbished.aspx

If I had one of these, I'd be on the lookout for a cheap working SC board and keep one handy and a set of buffer boards. That 's what I have done for my 2010, P50V20. SC board shorted at about 2000Hrs and I have spare SC/SD/SU for next time.
        Last edited by tw2005; 08-10-2013, 05:56 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by tw2005 View Post
          Did you see the Tech go into the service menu and get the number or hours the TV had run?
          No, I didn't.

Comment

Originally posted by zarahlin View Post
            No, I didn't.
            Maybe when they repair it get them to have a look. It'd be really interesting to see how much "real" use of the TV you've had.

Comment

Where do I find the information on Panasonic's claims for expected hours of usage?

Comment

I don't think Panasonic or any manufacturer makes any claims of lifespan except maybe with panel life I've seen claims of 100 000 hrs.

Pretty irrelevent since nothing else would last in the TV that long.

Comment

Yeah that only refers to phosphors... same as a VCR manufacturer guaranteeing the phosphors on their VFD displays last ages.... basically doesn't matter as nothing else will last that long.
                  Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
                  For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Originally posted by tw2005 View Post
                    I don't think Panasonic or any manufacturer makes any claims of lifespan except maybe with panel life I've seen claims of 100 000 hrs.

Pretty irrelevent since nothing else would last in the TV that long.
                    Okay, well then how long should a customer expect an SC board to last? I would imagine it would be longer than 13 months of usage.

Comment

I would expect a TV (as a whole) to last on average at least 10 years. I would accept 5 years, but expect 10 years. And it is possible if they spent a few dollars more...
                      Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
                      For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

It sure makes one angry to read about so many failed sets just off warranty.
                        I mentioned the Australia consumer laws to the Panasonic supervisor and his reply was well you don't live in Australia so why do I keep bringing that up. Pretty much ended our conversation.

Comment

Originally posted by tom66 View Post
                          I would expect a TV (as a whole) to last on average at least 10 years. I would accept 5 years, but expect 10 years. And it is possible if they spent a few dollars more...
                          Thanks, Tom. That's what I would expect as well.

Comment

I'm so frustrated! Panasonic gets a huge thumbs down in my book. They said we agreed to them paying half of the labor and parts charges, but it was clear on Saturday when the rep called that they offered to pay half of the total bill. So now we're looking at them paying only $178 on a $480 bill!! And here our tv sits, still making payments, and haven't been able to watch it for over a week now. We put a request in to re-open the negotiations, so not sure how this will all turn out.

Comment

https://www.shopjimmy.com/panasonic-...u-sc-board.htm

This is the one on the way , was 30$ to ship to the cold white north.

Comment

Okay, since we're getting nowhere with Panasonic, I guess our only option is negotiating the pricing with the service manager since we are going to be responsible for $300 of this bill. I wanted your opinion on the $180 labor charge to replace an SC board. Is this a standard charge or does it seem high? Seems like it wouldn't even take an hour to swap out the boards.

Comment

I've noticed that "factory authorized" repair shops tend to charge a bit more for parts and labor. Maybe you can call some other local repair shops and ask how much they would charge to install another SC board.

Comment

Originally posted by jetadm123 View Post
                                    I've noticed that "factory authorized" repair shops tend to charge a bit more for parts and labor. Maybe you can call some other local repair shops and ask how much they would charge to install another SC board.
                                    Panasonic won't pay for half the parts and labor if we go with someone else.

Comment

Since you were wondering if the $180 labor charge was high, I thought that calling some of the other repair shops might give you more insight as to whether or not the $180 charge is average, or on the high side.

Comment

Originally posted by jetadm123 View Post
                                        Since you were wondering if the $180 labor charge was high, I thought that calling some of the other repair shops might give you more insight as to whether or not the $180 charge is average, or on the high side.
                                        Oh, I see. Thanks.

Comment

$480 to undo some screws, install a new board and screw a set back together is completely unreasonable in my opinion. It would take me around 30 minutes, so they're probably averaging somewhere around $300 to $400/hr... yeah I'd sure like to be paid that much too...

Comment

Working...
                                          X