Thank you to the guys at HEGE supporting Badcaps [ HEGE ] [ HEGE DEX Chart ]

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

55 inch Plasma Viera (VIERA TC-P55GT30) not turning on. 7 blinking red lights.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 55 inch Plasma Viera (VIERA TC-P55GT30) not turning on. 7 blinking red lights.

Thanks for the tips. I had an 8 blink before and i replaced the SS board but i also replaced the PSU boards which i dont think were a problem to begin with but i have spare parts to try out.

Update: i got the tv to power on with your steps! so its not the psu right?
    Last edited by 9ks2k; 07-16-2013, 06:45 AM.

Comment

Re: 55 inch Plasma Viera (VIERA TC-P55GT30) not turning on. 7 blinking red lights.

Doubt it but you can measure Vsus etc and see but I would expect it's ok.

Comment

UPDATE:!!!!!! OK so i hooked up this TPNA5335AJ SC board to my TV and tested the same way tw2005 told me to do and i used the Jumper for testing. THE TV POWERED UP!!! Fans running both Green LEDs lid up on the SC and SS boards. everything was hooked up only thing i dont have connected and completely removed was the SD/SU Boards. Idk why my testing failed last time on this board but it seems to be compatible enough to not throw any codes. so what next.

Comment

Replace SU and SD and the TV should work.
          Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
          For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Yeah i was thinking that. I have 2 sets looks like one is dead but i think both are. Lucky these are cheap.

Comment

Just be careful to check SU/SD before installing.
              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=51SZsfH60EY

among other tests
              Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
              For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Yeah i want to test them first I

Comment

Fixed my TV! seems like 1/4 SC boards worked and I had One SD board blown out of 2 sets. my original buffer boards never broke. But now i wish to figure out how to fix these 3 SC boards i have laying around. One im returning since i have 180 days.

Comment

That is a terrible failure rate! Wow... 1 in 4 are good... I mean I could understand 1 in 4 bad... but wow.

Comment

having a huge problem. I think my A-board is blowing up resistors on my SC boards. I Had my TV working then i decided to swap my original A board back into the TV. after doing this R601 blew out seen in this image http://oi44.tinypic.com/291lrbr.jpg.
                      now i swapped back the working A board i had in there before and waiting for a new SC board to come in. I put it in today and powered the TV up with the Buffer boards removed and the jumper in sc50. i then decided to check a few things on the board and compare them to the other spare boards i have. I then decided to try the one board i was going to return since it wasn t working. but this time i forgot to put the jumper into sc50 and a small resistor blew out up near the SC2 power connector. so im like ok let me just go back to this other board i had working and replace the r601 resistor and see what happens. well what do u know the damn thing blew out again. then i put back the sc board i got today and BAM! same crap!. i think its the A board again im also getting 6 blinks.

Comment

I don't see anything bad with that resistor...? Does it just measure open?

Comment

heres the picture of the blown one towards the top middle. idk what it does
                          http://oi40.tinypic.com/n3nd5c.jpg

schematics are in the manual but nothing is clear and u cant search easy.

Comment

Got lucky there's another SC board available where i got the last working one. also ordered a used A-board from auction site. hope this $100 does the trick again lol.

Comment

Just a thought but check out the contacts on either end of the ribbon between the A-board and the SC board just in case something is going on there like damage from insertion /corrosion or shorts?

I'm at a loss as to why one board worked, then Sc blew with the old A board then put the one that did not blow a SC and it blew another SC?

Comment

Same! im wondering if it was a ribbon cable but the only cable it would be is SC20 i always check the connections before power up. so the order of recent events goes like this if i wasn't clear enough.

1.TV blew out 7blinks
                                2. got parts from cracked screen TV off craigs list. guy gutted his whole tv.
                                3. Put only used sc board into tv didnt test SU/SD boards was a nub with this stuff.
                                4. Powered up tv Heard Loud POP like the first time. never found what blew out on this board prob a resistor?
                                5. replaced SS board, ABoard, PSU, SU/SD,SS buffer board. then Ordered new SC board.
                                6. new SC board failed to do anything but 7 blinks.
                                7.Waiting for a few months didnt do anything with the TV.
                                8. went back to research and figured out my SD board was dead. then replaced SD board with working one i had.
                                9 Ordered another SC board.
                                10. Tested SC board by itself Tv powered up fan turned on. turned off tv. JUMPED for joy!
                                11. next morning i wanted to Re-install my original A-Board to get actual hours of my TV. this board was telling me 640 hours thing was brand new unless its a false read?
                                12. powered up tv Resistor blows out scares the hell out of me! I scream and cry alittle.
                                13. OK say ABoard must have caused this?
                                14. reinstall the last Aboard with 640 hours.
                                15 waited for SC board to come in then Installed it.
                                16 checked SC board using Jumper sc50 again TV powered up! was happy again.
                                17. decided to test this SC board i had just purchased because it didnt work and was going to return it.
                                18. after installing i forgot to short out SC50 jumper powered the TV and a small resistor blew out up near sc2. I previously tested this board and the tv never powered up but this time it blows.
                                19. was worried if i put my working board back in and test it would blow as well. so i hooked it up anyhow and sure enough it blew out the same resistor in the pics i posted as it did with the other board. I scream and kick the door.
                                20. ordered new Aboard and SC board waiting delivery.
                                21 Going to test the SU/SD boards again just to make sure they arent shorted. other then that idk.

update
                                22. buffers seem fine. but heres a pic of the Sc20 ribbon http://oi44.tinypic.com/aoq0wy.jpg it doesnt looks like it will be a problem like where the pins make marks but maybe its not sitting flat in the connector?
                                Last edited by 9ks2k; 07-24-2013, 07:21 AM.

Comment

Hello,

Cannot start a new thread so I thought I post it here. Similar Panasonic TV but bigger screen (VT-P65GT30) which is two years old and suddenly developed Vertical bar about 3” wide that is Yellow color under white background on the left side of the screen. Checking through website and found some Panasonic service training manual showing a similar symptom except all are black bar or red bar with no background showing. My TV shows the picture except it has yellow tint on majority of its presence. The possibilities are C3 board, or A board with occasionally PDP panel driver IC which is embedded and cannot be replaced. Am I on the right path? Any input would be helpful.

Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by jediplay View Post
                                    Hello,

Cannot start a new thread so I thought I post it here. Similar Panasonic TV but bigger screen (VT-P65GT30) which is two years old and suddenly developed Vertical bar about 3” wide that is Yellow color under white background on the left side of the screen. Checking through website and found some Panasonic service training manual showing a similar symptom except all are black bar or red bar with no background showing. My TV shows the picture except it has yellow tint on majority of its presence. The possibilities are C3 board, or A board with occasionally PDP panel driver IC which is embedded and cannot be replaced. Am I on the right path? Any input would be helpful.

To eliminate A board, in the service menu you can flip the image so the left side is displayed on the right and the right on the left.

If the bar moves to the opposite side then it'll be A board.

Comment

It is quite likely to simply be a loose connector as I have personally seen this issue a lot of times on this forum.

Comment

Originally posted by tw2005 View Post
                                        To eliminate A board, in the service menu you can flip the image so the left side is displayed on the right and the right on the left.

If the bar moves to the opposite side then it'll be A board.
                                        Thanks for a tip. I have moved to a new thread under Panasonic TC-P65GT30 Yellow Vertical Bar problem.

Comment

my new SC board is in. Testing with multimeter. getting high numbers so its working but i dont want to hook it up

Comment

Working...
                                          X